PDA

View Full Version : My friend needs help choosing a gun

flyinasian016
04-30-2004, 08:39 PM
Hey AO,

My friend wants to buy a new marker. He doesnt play on a team, but he likes playing back in rec ball. He wants an electro with a customizable trigger (length and weight) with some sort of anti chop device. His limit is $450 USD. He wants to put a Halo and 14 inch barrel on it as well as a 68 45 tank. He doesn't care about efficiency. He wants a light gun, in black, and fairly small. He's buying used, not new. Can you guys suggest anything? If you have any questions, ask me, and ill ask him later. Thanks guys.

tony3
04-30-2004, 08:41 PM
Impulse sounds perfect. The posibilitys are endless with them. The was board for them is awesome.

CoCkEr Boi46
04-30-2004, 08:43 PM
A bko would be pretty nice too. Is it $450 for everything? If it is he could buy the TES becuase it has the anti chop eye.

flyinasian016
04-30-2004, 08:47 PM
I think he wants a metal trigger or something he can buy after incase he doesnt like his stock trigger feel, if possible he would like it to not be a spyder or piranha, he finds they have to much kick to them

flyinasian016
04-30-2004, 09:02 PM
A bko would be pretty nice too. Is it $450 for everything? If it is he could buy the TES becuase it has the anti chop eye.

no, it's $450 for just the gun. tank, barrel, hopper, etc are not included

Enemy
05-01-2004, 01:08 AM
id hate to say it but impulse wouldnt be a bad idea.

DementedChild
05-01-2004, 01:21 AM
impluse +1

crazy carl07
05-01-2004, 10:07 AM
yeah dude go with the impulse

WickeDKlowN
05-01-2004, 10:11 AM
Could get a decent Bushy for that. Or there's always Tribals.

Chronobreak
05-01-2004, 10:11 AM
what about a used mag or bushy i dont know current prices well but ide check out the bko,b2k,bushy series, i think a nice used amg would be great and that way he can upgrade that with ahir trigger later :P

WickeDKlowN
05-01-2004, 10:14 AM
'Mag would be a good choice also but he want's an electro...

dwab3000
05-01-2004, 10:20 AM
BKO

bko or a bushy

the impulse is a bushy knock off

and the bko is a good cheap gun for rec ball

Thermus
05-01-2004, 10:29 AM
I've heard good and bad things about Omens.

dwab3000
05-01-2004, 10:53 AM
ehhh

omens they are not the best, they just arent what you should get...

FalconGuy016
05-01-2004, 11:17 AM
I dont like the BKO really, its so sloppy. But it is relatively compact and *relatively* fast and lightish. And there is plenty money to spare

But get an impulse :)

Chronobreak
05-01-2004, 11:32 AM
i dotn wanna see this kid end up dumping $200+ into this marker to get it to perform the way he wants but w/e ide say get a used mag and throw nitro and a nice hopper on there

dwab3000
05-01-2004, 11:51 AM
it was stated he wants an electro...

so mag is out unless, a x/e mag is gonna go for 450

and, still if you want to go with a company with great customer service, id go with icd

chris99506
05-01-2004, 12:26 PM
if he wants to spend a little bit more, he can get a decent used angel. i got my 03 IR3 fly used for $645 with a 1 year at my local pb store. and i have seen angel LED's for around 500 and a lil under. i think it would be worth it in my opinion, but yeah a bko or an impulse, even though i hate smart parts cuz they are evil douchebags that want to create a monopoly. :mad: i would suggest a tribal, but u gotta worry about finding spare parts, and techs that know how to fix them. :eek:

personman
05-01-2004, 12:31 PM
I would go with something similar to a B2k3. I personally do not like impulses but that is my oppinion. You get more bang for the buck and better customer service with ICD. IMO, a nice B2K or B2K3 is the way to go!

Athius
05-01-2004, 12:58 PM
Tell him to get a bushy(look in ebay) or a new extreme bko cause' they are light, fast, easy to maintain and very consistant with all the stock parts.

Comparing it with the impulse a stock bushy has for the same price:

-a blade trigger that u can modify the pull of it.
-an lpr so no First Shot Drop Off or FSDO
-a very cool milling.
-Small, very light and compact.
-Comes with a low rise.
-delrin bolt.
-cocker threads.

Impulse are pretty heavy, heavier than a cocker.

But it is just prefference let him shoot both guns and get the one that he like more.

1ofkind
05-01-2004, 01:29 PM
As everyone has said BKO or impulse. As for a antichop device, well a halo w/rip drive is one byitself.

OldSchoolVM68
05-01-2004, 05:15 PM
Omen, Imp or BKO. those are the only decent choices out there.

walker2287
05-01-2004, 05:23 PM
def get a b2k or b2k3 i have one and i my friend has an impy as his backup that i have uses quite a bit and i like the bushy better

TraXeR
05-02-2004, 03:44 PM
Some of you guys are posting impulse. I'm not too sure that's the best idea, if he plays rec, he probably doesnt need a top end like marker since he probably shoots maybe 700-1000 balls a day. Might be a bit to much to pay for, for what he wants. The BKO sounds to me like the best bet. It has a fully adjustable trigger, light, thin and cheap. It cang et a PDS, which stops the chops essentially, and he can upgrade it with vapor works and choas board to be shooting 18+ if he learns the trigger.

I suggest the BKO or B2k2, or a older version of the ICD bushy. It's cheaper that way, and can still hold its own with the people he plays (assuming most of them are renters or low end guns). And over time, if he ever upgrades to a team, or tournament, or just starts playing more serious.. he can sell it, and use that money, plus some more and buy a sweet top end gun.

-=Squid=-
05-02-2004, 04:24 PM
Some of you guys are posting impulse. I'm not too sure that's the best idea, if he plays rec, he probably doesnt need a top end like marker since he probably shoots maybe 700-1000 balls a day. Might be a bit to much to pay for, for what he wants. The BKO sounds to me like the best bet. It has a fully adjustable trigger, light, thin and cheap. It cang et a PDS, which stops the chops essentially, and he can upgrade it with vapor works and choas board to be shooting 18+ if he learns the trigger.

I suggest the BKO or B2k2, or a older version of the ICD bushy. It's cheaper that way, and can still hold its own with the people he plays (assuming most of them are renters or low end guns). And over time, if he ever upgrades to a team, or tournament, or just starts playing more serious.. he can sell it, and use that money, plus some more and buy a sweet top end gun.
Since when was a stock impulse a "top end marker," and a bushmaster not? If anything, the bushmaster is far superior :rolleyes:

Dont get an omen because you cant use a Halo B on them.

I would say to get a bushy or an RTPro from AGD's online store.

TraXeR
05-02-2004, 04:32 PM
Since when was a stock impulse a "top end marker," and a bushmaster not? If anything, the bushmaster is far superior :rolleyes:

Dont get an omen because you cant use a Halo B on them.

I would say to get a bushy or an RTPro from AGD's online store.

Well the impulse IMO is a far more superior gun, then again it costs quite a few hundred more and is much more upgradable and easier to shoot ropes on.

RTPro was out of the question, he wants an electro remember?

edit: Remember, an Impy goes for like $400-$500, if not more if you get vision. BKO's go for like $250-$300 (older styles) which is much cheaper for him. We don't even know how much money he has to use for paint and upgrades, so I'm just thinking around a lower budget.

-=Squid=-
05-02-2004, 04:35 PM
Well the impulse IMO is a far more superior gun, then again it costs quite a few hundred more and is much more upgradable and easier to shoot ropes on.

RTPro was out of the question, he wants an electro remember?
Thats why I said "or" RTP, you know, just my opinnion.

Funny thing is, the impy DOESNT cost more than the bushy, they are the same. In fact, I think the stock bushy is a tad more. And according to your philosophy, more money = better.

Stock, the impy isnt "easier," simply because it has a nasty trigger, heavy, no adjustment screws, and capped at 13bps, while the bushy has a nice adjustable, stock blade trigger, and is capped at 18 bps. It also looks nice and isnt poorly constructed.

There are more upgrades, but the Bushy has BETTER upgrades. Vaporworks anyone?

TraXeR
05-02-2004, 05:11 PM
Thats why I said "or" RTP, you know, just my opinnion.

Funny thing is, the impy DOESNT cost more than the bushy, they are the same. In fact, I think the stock bushy is a tad more. And according to your philosophy, more money = better.

Stock, the impy isnt "easier," simply because it has a nasty trigger, heavy, no adjustment screws, and capped at 13bps, while the bushy has a nice adjustable, stock blade trigger, and is capped at 18 bps. It also looks nice and isnt poorly constructed.

There are more upgrades, but the Bushy has BETTER upgrades. Vaporworks anyone?

Oh, sorry then dude, I musta read you wrong. I thought you meant the older types of BKO's compare to the new impulses. Even used. Cause the price range is different. Ad yeah, I'd say your friend should get a 2k2 BKO, and over time, buy a chaos chip and vapor works mod, and PDS if he can afford it. He will have a SWEET ripping marker then.