PDA

View Full Version : Need help with gun leaking

nittany
04-30-2004, 09:24 PM
I have an newer style RT with lvl 10. I got a parts kit to replace old dirty o-rings that I found the last time I disassembled the valve. I was having problems with slow leaking down the barrel occasionally.

I took apart the vavle and went off the agd diagram on airgun.com and the thread put up by blackvgc* (sorry if I didn't get name right). I oiled the orings and put everything back togehter. When I gassed up I got leaking out of the back velocity hole. I tightened up the velocity adjuster, but it still leaks. Also, when I fire the lvl 10 goes off... aka bolt stick. I've been reading all the troubleshooting guides.

Yes, the tank has more then enough air to fire the gun. Please help!

nittany
04-30-2004, 09:42 PM
I also wanted to clarify that the bolt goes forward and the lvl 10 goes off and then recocks.

tha flynnrod
05-01-2004, 04:26 PM
my automag classic was leaking out of the velocity adjuster and i had to replace my regulator piston assymbly...thats what i get for buying off ebay!

Joni
05-01-2004, 04:56 PM
Have you checked your velocity? Chanses are it's shooting hot, and you should turn the velocity down. Screwing the the velocity adjuster in will turn the velocity up and increase the leak out the back. Turning it out should make that leak go away.

Did you change the carrier oring in the lvl10? If you did, you probably have to change the carrier as well. Choose the largest carrier that doesn't leak. If your bolt still chuffs after this, use a smaller spring.

nittany
05-02-2004, 12:21 PM
Thanks man, I'll try these ones and let you know how it worked out.