PDA

View Full Version : Need help on Booyaah E-LCD on/off (ELCD mag owners PLEASE help)

beacon
10-04-2001, 09:19 PM
Ok. I have my mag, and I have my e-lcd grip frame.

I don't know how to install my on/off valve.

I have 2 sets of aftermarker booyaahish on/off tops, pins, and 1 brass on/off bottom.

Which ones do I use? If anyone could post a picture of what the booyaah on/off assembly looks like (pin/bottom/top), it would be VERY useful for me.

I have attached a picture of the 3 on/offs I have. The one on the left with the pin in it assembled is the stock on/off assembly.

Thank you.

MrStrike
10-04-2001, 10:26 PM
well I do not have a pic to post but Ill try to describe how my boo-hoo..er ya on off is installed. ingnore my spelling errors:)

while looking at the body. the holeis infront of you. You will see the "etched" picture of the on off assembly.

Working from the bottom of the hole up to the top (If you were holding the gun in a normal manner and ready to splat someone the "bottm" of the hole would be towards the top. but from this current perspective install it as it is described)

The first thing to put in is yellow O-ring.
Then place a smaller white O-ring in the center of the yellow o-ring. When it is completed it will look like a "bullseye target"
Tip: if these are new o rings, they will keep popping out. I would use the ON/OFF TOP to hold them inplace.

From your picture use the ON/OFF top on the right hand side (the flatter of the 2)

then install the PIN with the larger thick end towards the bottom. The fat end will be in the center of said "bullseye".
(from your pict Beacon, bolth PIN's look the same)

Then install a white O-ring on the ON/OFF BOTTOM. Be mindful that the ON/OFF BOTTOM has 2 o-rings. A darker colered one goes around the upper part, while the white one fits into the bottom.
From your picture I would use the ON/OFF BOTTOM from the center. (ill take the automag part behind door # 2, don Pardo)

Insert the ON/OFF BOTTOM with the smooth end facing you, and the white O-ring facing the ON/OFF TOP.

TIP: when the Orings are new, the "bullseye" and the white O-ring inside the ON/OFF top have a habbit of slipping out of place. I usually install everything and push real hard to "seat" the white O-rings. Then I insert the entire assembly into the Body/Trigger frame.

It usually takes me a few tries to get the O-rings seated AND installed into the body. Once they are in, Ill dry fire about 200 shots to get the O-rings seated perfectly.

I hopes this helps.

see you inmy sights!

beacon
10-05-2001, 05:09 AM
Thank you SO much Mr.Strike.

But.. The pins aren't the same. Heres a better picture. Which one should I use?

Also, do I really need the bolt bumper than Booyaah supplies? I don't have that and am currently using the stock blue bumper.

MrStrike
10-05-2001, 08:59 AM
Im glad my instructions made sence. I had a few beers at the time of writing :)

Use the PIN on the right with the smaller head.

I used the factory AGD blue bumper. The bumper that came with the Boo-Ya (clear) got torn to shreads after 50 dry fire shots. The 2 differences inbetween the Boo-ya and AGD bumper is the AGD is a scosche (scientific term) thicker AND is much better quality.

I assume that this is the first boo-ya in your auto mag. If so after 400+ shots of testing. (ok 400+ sounds like a lot, but trust me. when you experience the BLISS of full auto, like me, you will go through a full tank of air chasing the family cat. :) Loot at the BOLT where the SHEAR makes contact with it. If you see some wear thats ok. Take a mental picture of that bolt, and blow through another 400+ shots. Look at the bolt again. If you see ANY major gouges, scrapes, or craks your screwed....er challended. Take the bolt to a paintball gun smith for an EXPERT OPNION.

When you are up and running, you will have to set your Ball per second to see how high you can go before chopping. My advise is to start around 7BPS and go up from there.

good luck jedi

Temo Vryce
10-05-2001, 09:59 AM
Personally I don't own the Booya frame but I do know that bolt bumper they supplies isn't very tough and well break very quickly. Th blue bumper that AGD suppplies takes one hell of a beating. So I would agree with MrStrike and say use the AGD stock bumper. As for a good Bps my friend uses about 11 bps and doesn't chop a bit. Good luck to you.

LCDmag1
10-05-2001, 11:16 AM
I used the blue stock bumper and it tore my bolt up, but the boo-yaah whiteone didn't. So be carefull and watch for bolt ware. I only took like 200-300 shots in FA and i saw this ware.

FeelTheRT
10-05-2001, 02:54 PM
the one on the right looks like an RT on/off pin in the 2nd pic.

beacon
10-05-2001, 03:14 PM
Ok, problem Number #2.

When I air the gun up, the problem is that the piston and the bolt don't have enough force to overcome the air pressure and actually do anything (hit the sear.)

But, when I manually depress the piston using my fingers, when it reaches the bolt the gun fires.

Any ever experience this before? I'm on my last legs putting up with Boo-Yaah.

beacon
10-05-2001, 09:47 PM
Also, when i put the booyaah on/off assembly in, it leaks like mad when I gas it up. I'm pretty sure all my seals are right. What could be the problem?

~WarpedRT~
10-06-2001, 06:58 AM
One thing that I have leaarned from my RT is that if it starts leaking when you gas it up, just hurry up and screw the tank in the rest of the way, and shoot it a few times. The seals should all come together, and it should be air tight. If it still leakes, chances are that an o-ring broke. After all, thats all that will really ever happen on a mag. Just be glad you don't have a cocker. This problem would be 100 X worse.

beacon
10-06-2001, 08:05 AM
Heh,

I fixed it. Turns out I was suing the wrong on/off than MrStrike told me to.

I'm dumb.

Thanks all. Works like a charm

MrStrike
10-06-2001, 08:52 AM
cool, im glad you are up and running:D
see you im my sights

Lockawam
10-07-2001, 06:43 PM
my elcd too does not work and i tried what was explained above and it still wont work. if any of you can help me out then i would be greatful.

beacon
10-07-2001, 06:55 PM
What is wrong with it?

Does the trigger stop responding when you air up the gun?

If so, install the Boo-Yaah On/off assembly.

If it still doesn't work... open up your grip frame. You see the silver block and silver cylinder? And do you see the large black round thing below it? Ok. Now push the round black thing slightly to the side and you'll reveal a set screw. Loose that, and do so ont he opposite side of the grip frame again (there are two). Now that they are loose, move the silver block so that it is touching the grip frame. And then move the silver cylinder the farthest away you can from it.

Now tighten everything up and try again.

Lockawam
10-07-2001, 07:37 PM
ok thanks, i ill try doin that.