PDA

View Full Version : Tore my dollar in half...lvl10 bolt

EigerZ
05-01-2004, 04:09 AM
OK, I got my new ULE Custom in the mail today. Headed over to the pro-shop to get my HPA filled. While there I was getting a lot of questions about the mags being a paintblender etc etc - I told him about the lvl 10 bolt and the $bill video so I thought I would try it...needless to say I am glad I didn't stick my toungue in there:0 - It cut the end right of the dollar bill. I turned it over and tried again - chuff - once more and it cut the other 1/2 off

Do you guys think that it is not tuned correctly or should I wait for it to break in a little?

Muzikman
05-01-2004, 04:40 AM
There are two things that this can be. You already thought about the first. It might not be tunred to be super soft on paint. When tuning the lvl 10 there ate two ways you can go. First, super soft on paint, this will make it near impossible to chop any paint. But you also run into cycling issues some times. The second is to make the olt stop on most paint out there, but have the ability to chop britle paint. This usually give you flawless cycling.

The other thing it can be is that when you put anything in there, including your finger, make sure it is back against the bolt. If you leave too big of a gap between the object and the face of the bolt. The bolt will already be in it's 2nd stage and put full force on the object.

if this makes no sense...forgive me it's 5:41am and I have not slept yet:)

Joni
05-01-2004, 05:21 AM
The lvl10 setup from the factory is usually rather heavy on paint. I was actually able to chop with factory setup, but that was solved with a quick change of the spring. I can tell you that the dollar test is something you shouldn't strive for. Setting the lvl10 that gentle will probably give you cycling issues. There is no need to have the lvl10 so extreme, it will protect you from chops otherwise as well.

EigerZ
05-01-2004, 07:49 AM
I think I will try the next spring up - I think the dollar wasnt up against the bolt as you mentioned. That was probably the problem. I do notice that when I cycle fast, the trigger will stick every now and then. Would that indicate that I should use a higher tension spring?

Yes, i may be rambling as well...this new virus/worm has been kicking our "@ss" at work all night - no sleep at all:)

Joni
05-01-2004, 07:53 AM
Check the link in my sig for troubleshooting ULE Customs. Contains a great deal of info. Also make sure that you read the lvl10 instructions http://www.automags.org/resource/level10/index.shtml
They can also be found on the CD that you got in the lvl10 package. I'm a little surprised on how many people seem to neglect to read the instructions.

atm743
05-01-2004, 08:11 AM
well it seems to me that you have it at a hight volcity with te small spring put the mid or large spring in you mag. i am useing the large one right now and its the lightest tuch ever. did you oil the level 10 o-rings and dry fire it alot. you must brake in the o-rings too. also use the site that Joni gave ya.

Chronobreak
05-01-2004, 10:37 AM
atleast you didnt use your tounge or finger....