PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have any good recommendations on an electronic Razor

hostage
05-01-2004, 11:58 AM
I am honestly tired of using a strait razor. I don't know much about electronic razors and wanted to know if any of yall had any opinions on any. I want something that cuts close first and formost, all of features I am worried about less. Well thanks guys. I also realized for the ammount I pay per blade, I could get a electronic razor for not much more in the long run.
-Hostage

Thordic
05-01-2004, 12:36 PM
In my experience, although it does allow you to be lazier and is slightly easier on the skin, electric razors don't shave nearly as well as normal ones.

I went from a Gilette Sensor Excel to an electric razor (I cant even remember what brand mine is) and it doesnt shave nearly as well. Plus I find I still have to use a normal razor to do my neck, my electric one just can't shave there. And four hours later Im prickly again. With the normal razor, Id be good till the next morning.

Unless you are extremely lazy like me, I'd say just find a good razor like the Sensor Excel or Mach 3 and stick with it. I'm none too impressed with my electric, nor my brothers. I tried his out just to see if it was much better, and its not.

Cristobal
05-01-2004, 12:52 PM
I'm going to echo Thordic. My electric makes things a little faster and easier, and most of the time its fine, but when it counts it simply doesn't give as good a shave as my Mach 3. Granted, its one of the cheaper Norelcos and probably about 7 years old (I have replaced the cutters without seeing much difference). I imagine that some of the newer ones are better, but I have a feeling that you get what you pay for with electrics.

pbguy888
05-01-2004, 12:52 PM
Yeah Im only 16 so my facial isnt to thick and doesnt grow that fast and the electric still doesnt shave close enough...

Thordic
05-01-2004, 01:02 PM
I just checked. Mine is a Norelco Advantage. Its one of the waterproof ones with the "goo" that has the three round heads.

My brother has a Braun FreeGlider. It has the straight single head.

I've been none-too-impressed with either. Glad to see I'm not the only one. Thought maybe we just had crappy ones :)

PyRo
05-01-2004, 01:05 PM
I see people shaving with electrics doing just as well or better than my mach 3 or sensor excel. Then again if I don't shave for 2 days ive got a nice beard going, I probably have faster growing and heavier facial hair then most other people my age.
I'm not prepared to go dump $200 on a nice electric razor to experiment either, the $60 ones at walmart are guaranteed to be crap.

gimp
05-01-2004, 01:23 PM
I use a remmington titanium electric razor. I'm happy with it. It's not as good as a blade, but you make up for it with convinience. It just makes a difference when you shave. Once my hair grows to a certain length, the electric won't cut it. It has a built in beard trimmer, so I just use that, then it works. I say it's not as good as a blade because you can't get as close of a shave. But, with the electric, I never get cuts or razor burn. I prefer the electric

RRfireblade
05-01-2004, 04:45 PM
I guess I'm in with everyone else,I have a pretty expensive electric.It's good for day to day during the week but doesn't cut it when I need a real close shave.I even did the 'electric only' for 6 weeks they tell you to do which only allows you to forget how close a blade really shaves. ;)

So I would say,just buy an inexpensive one at first and see how it works for you.The cheaper Norelcos I've tried work as well as any others and are pretty cheap.I never liked the Braun or Panasonic I tried but that's just me.

Check this out,it may help(or it may not :))

http://iavbbs.com/gflinn/

dwab3000
05-01-2004, 06:09 PM
i have what Gimp is talking about, remmington titanium...

i got it as a christmas present a few weeks ago from an aunt... i used it once, and i went back to my old one

i suggest if you have a steady hand like i, use those old like knife looking razors, thats what i use, i get the closest shaves probably outta all of you, and im norwiegen so i got that super fast thick hair everywhere...

so ya, if your a steady hand, get one of those old like knife lookin razors, or do like the marines with a pocket knife :D