PDA

View Full Version : see what i can get with this

paintphreak01
05-01-2004, 03:36 PM
my friend has a very nice tippmann 98 custom set-up, and he's thinking about getting out of woodsball and starting to play at local tourneys and such. so i just want to see what people would trade for this setup. you can make offers if you want, but were just trying to figure out what he can get out of all this. gun is in perfect condition, as well as all the tanks, and the hopper. i'll try to get pics sometime later.

Tippmann 98 Custom
response trigger
expansion chamber
flatline barrel
double trigger
hyper star bolt..
sniper stock
recoil
6.1 pack
1 3000psi 45ci aluminum n2 tank
on-off valve
3 20oz. tanks
entire gun is camoflauged
empire reloader hopper (much like revvy, also brand new)

dwab3000
05-01-2004, 03:53 PM
nice 98 hes got

umm

i need to see pics before i know what he can get for it

from my 98...its nuthin (i just bought peices parts i wated and ordered stock parts that cant be upgraded from tippmann)

but its a good 98 c

tyrion2323
05-02-2004, 02:55 AM
To be honest, You're going to have a very hard time getting a decent resale on that marker, much less a trade. Whether the marker shoots fine or not is not really the question - it's that people see "tippmann" and automatically think, "Oh, it's a beginner marker!)

Now, on AO, it will be pretty difficult getting a trade because most people here have better paintball markers, and unless someone is giving up tournament play and getting into scenario play, I wouldn't bank any hopes on it.

HOWEVER, (here's the good part!) On ebay, people buy up Tippmanns ALL THE TIME! Mostly they are new players who want a decent package.
You can get probably 300 for a great package, and about 200 for a decent one. List it as a "sniper/assault" package, and someone will buy it.

Jacob

barberjohn
05-02-2004, 04:54 PM
yea, you either get your money's worht on ebay, or get nothin. tippmanns seem to be pretty good on the resale at ebay due to just what tyrion said.

Thermus
05-02-2004, 05:23 PM
The best way for you to make money would be to take off all upgrades and sell them individually. Put the stock parts on the gun and sell that. You could get around 70% of your money back. Thats what I did with my Tippmann a year ago. I didn't have as many ups as you though.

magman11
05-24-2004, 05:53 PM
ill trade you a minimag with lots of ups for it?