PDA

View Full Version : Gun Won't shoot

spudmag
05-01-2004, 06:12 PM
My minimag won't shoot, when i put air in the trigger rod won't move forward, i took the gun apart, made sure there was enough length for the trigger rod, made sure nothing was in the .way, and the gun just won't work, this is driving me sooooooo insane, that i just might sell the gun. PLEASE HELP!

Dayspring
05-01-2004, 09:35 PM
Turn the velocity up more if you haven't done so yet.

spudmag
05-01-2004, 10:46 PM
i've already done that, but thanks for the help

Janitor
05-01-2004, 11:34 PM
I'm sure that you verified that you don't have an empty tank?

Dayspring
05-02-2004, 12:05 AM
And you said that you verified that you had the right length, so you took calipers out and measured the rod?

spudmag
05-02-2004, 08:15 PM
Yes, i have verified all of that but maybe i'm not making my problem clear enough. When you put on a tank, the little rod thing is supposed to poke out, because the chamber has filled up with air, then when you fire it, the rod come back and there is some tension behind it.
But on my gun, when i put the tank in, the chamber isn't getting filled up, so the rod isn't poking out, thus no firing, That's what makes it soo weird, cause there is no leaking or anything, the air just isn't getting into the chamber. Can you guys please help

Janitor
05-03-2004, 12:30 AM
Does your tank leak air when you unscrew it from your asa? I mean maybe the pin isn't being pushed in allowing air to enter the A.I.R. valve.

BlackVCG
05-03-2004, 01:36 AM
Take a look at this diagram and make sure you have everything in the valve assembled properly. Sounds like something isn't installed properly, but I really don't have anything to go on since you're not giving much information.

http://store.airgun.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=78&categoryID=22

spudmag
05-03-2004, 08:17 PM
I got it fixed, now i am really happy with my minimag, thanks for all your help, but thanks especially to the crew at Lookout Paintball for helping my gun get back on track, i still don't understand what was wrong, but they got it fixed, and its alive now, once again thanks for your help.

Janitor
05-04-2004, 01:12 AM
Ask them what they did to fix the problem that way you know for the next time, and to pass on to other Mag owners.

spudmag
05-04-2004, 07:52 PM
after i had tried to use c02 the gun was shooting 425fps, so i unscrewed the velocity adjuster almost all of the way, then i was soo worried about velocity that i kept it out, but all i needed to do was screw it in all the way, fire 5 times, then slowly screw velocity back to 280 and not have it out a lot. iT was simple and mad me look like a huge dummy, but everybody looks stupid more than once in their life