PDA

View Full Version : What Gearbag do you use?

robertjuric
05-01-2004, 07:46 PM
I've got more stuff than hands to carry it lately so I've decided I need a nice gear bag. I need something with at least room for tools, some dirty clothes, mask, and gun/tank. BUT I don't want to spend an arm and a leg. Any suggestions?

Recon by Fire
05-01-2004, 08:21 PM
I use a Jeep bag with hard bottom and roller wheels that I picked up for $25.

Magnus1028
05-01-2004, 08:23 PM
JT'S Gear Sack, works well for me.

jwalker87
05-01-2004, 08:57 PM
I just grabbed a cheap wal mart duffel bag. I keep my marker in a padded cardboard box (glued foam padding to the inside) which I keep inside the bag along with barrel, mask, hoppers, tanks, etc....then I have a small toolbox full of tools and spare parts that I carry around separate. Worked well for me so far.

Cannon-Fodder
05-01-2004, 08:57 PM
Right now I'm using a ratco rat1000 bag I bought back at last IAO
It seems to be working well for me but I havn't realy been to rough on it to tell how durable it is.

http://www.ratco-gear.com/

hAppy
05-01-2004, 09:11 PM
any gearbag that doesnt say dye or jt
the nice little patches on them rip the price up 100$ extra!

i just use some old wilson duffel bag my aunt gave me for xmas when i was a kid (wtf kinda gift was that :confused: )

DJBacon06
05-01-2004, 09:11 PM
I use a breif case i got at good will for $1....but i guess it isn't really a gear bag.

ramennoodles
05-01-2004, 09:14 PM
i use a jt gear bag....kinda steep, $127
but i need something to hold two markers, two tanks, two hoppers, pods, pack, two sets of goggles, tools, towels, extra clothes, barrels, paint. etc.

ramennoodles
05-01-2004, 09:15 PM
dj, why are you double regging the mag?

DJBacon06
05-01-2004, 09:19 PM
dj, why are you double regging the mag?

Its a max flow tank...Lots of people have adjustable tanks for their mags. i.e. flatline and max flow tanks.

ramennoodles
05-01-2004, 09:52 PM
ah yes i just noticed that is was a maxflo tank, i thoguh maybe you just had the reg from it.

CodeMA
05-01-2004, 09:53 PM
I too use walmart special black Outdoor duffle, those things rock...

Mine comfortly holds the following: 88/3k stubb tank, 1x spyder, 2x revvy, 1x retromag w/ barrel and warp attatched,one breifcase style tool kit, 4-6 barrels/stright shot squeggies, camera in case, podgie, and various other towels and the sort... 2 masks in mask bags tied to geather around one handle, the same handle is used to wrap pack around and lace a paint jug though it secureing everything to the bag

this is the smaller of the two bags... again works nicely... dirty cloughs and stuff can be stuffed in the crevices

Phil
05-01-2004, 10:43 PM
Rubbermaid tub $16.00

FallNAngel
05-01-2004, 11:01 PM
I'm using

- a huge duffel bag my fiance used to use for hockey, which holds extra clothes, paper towels, pods, etc
- a large tuperware type container which holds two packs, 2-3 masks, 2 barrel sets (freak/scepter) and 3 hoppers (evo 2, revi, halo)
- a toolbox for all my tools and spare parts (more than I care to list)
- a laptop case from goodwill for my marker.

shivors
05-01-2004, 11:14 PM
I use a heavy duty plastic trunk from like WalMart or Target. It has two clamps and a lock hole. It carries three markers, three HPA tanks, a tool box, and towels/rags. Kinda heavy when full but I just make my brother carry it...works out well.

Found it:
http://www.contico.com/house-bulk-lock.htm

viper_ssc
05-01-2004, 11:17 PM
some large old duffel bag that i found in the basement
a tackle box for tools and spare parts

Mister Sinister
05-01-2004, 11:35 PM
While its not pretty or in fashion what I use is my old large Alice rucksack that Uncle Sam gave me. In the main sack I can carry two markers, two halos and 68/4500 tanks. My mask, jersey and pants and barrel kit also easily fit in just the main pocket with room to spare. This leaves the 3 outer pockets for stuff like my tools, gloves, rags, water bottles, snacks etc. Then above that are 3 smaller magazine pouches that I use for stuff like my wallet and keys, stuff that I need to get at easily. Then I can use the cinch straps to tie on my pod pack. I like this sack as I dont have one huge duffle bag that has all my small loose items just running around in then I have to dig for them. They are pretty cheap too you can pick them up surplus for 40 to 50 dollars.

Dayspring
05-02-2004, 12:03 AM
Dye Navigator.

I lived out of the luggage part for IAO, and had my gear in the gear part.

smilestyler
05-02-2004, 12:18 AM
Hockey bag. It's bigger than the largest paintball bag and cheaper than the smallest paintball bag. They are really durable, and have several compartments depending on the brand.

pulserifle98
05-02-2004, 12:42 AM
i use a raven bag, it has worked very nice for me

SpecialBlend2786
05-02-2004, 12:55 AM
I use my football bag....
It's big enough, gets the job done.

LawnGnome7
05-02-2004, 02:28 AM
right now im using an old milk crate :cool:

tyrion2323
05-02-2004, 02:58 AM
I currently use the JT GearSack, which I purchased from Cryer; however, if you are looking to carry more than just the bare-minimum, I'd recommend going for a DYE Proto Bag, which is nice and large, but not overly large.

pointm@n
05-02-2004, 08:09 AM
I use a paintball body bag I got from ebay. Holds all my stuff:

http://www.generaljoes.com/Search/images/bodybag.jpg

Mikey B
05-02-2004, 08:37 AM
I have a Raven bag. Not sure what size but I would say medium. It can carry all my gear + some. But you could always just use a backpack.

GT
05-02-2004, 08:48 AM
<----------------- redz gear bag

Fatjon
05-02-2004, 11:12 AM
I use $5 rubermaid tub from walmart. Holds everything and then some. I think im going to go ahead and break out the cash for a gearbag.

logamus
05-02-2004, 11:18 AM
i need a big ol gear bag too. i am using 2 large rubbermaid containers, a small duffel, a metal briefcase, one large tool box, and one small tool box. it takes me seven hours to unload all my stuff.

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
05-02-2004, 11:24 AM
large JT bag. But I have so much stuff that i have to neatly pack it in to fit. :D

MarkM
05-02-2004, 11:27 AM
I have a Kobe Hockey bag but that is now consigned to the cupboard along with my Planet bag, I now use a Mantis Thorax T3 plenty big enough and converts to a backpack if I am feeling particulary strong :D
I did have a Mantis gear pack (not made anymore) bigger than the JT SUV and JT made theirs after the Mantis was being sold ;) but litrally have just sold that pack.

http://www.mantisgear.com/images/thorax00.jpg

http://www.mantisgear.com/shop/index.php?fx=shopdetail&prod_id=13&cat_id=5

Smitty2k1
05-02-2004, 12:46 PM
I just use some huge duffel bag I found at the mall for $30 or so. Works perfect, holds anything you would ever need.

Its not worth paying $100+ for some of these bags out there..

Dryden
05-02-2004, 12:56 PM
I use a Craftsman 24in Truck Tote (http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?BV_UseBVCookie=Yes&vertical=TOOL&pid=00959027000) from Sears. Excellent. They're $50 retail, but with Father's Day coming up next month you'll be able to pick one up for $30 (bought mine last year over the Father's Day weekend). It has a huge storage tub on the bottom that'll hold a mask, tank, marker, shoes, and two full changes of clothes. There are two stackable trays for tools, pods, etc, and it has a telescoping handle and wide oversized wheels so you can roll it around like all-terrain luggage. Plus, since the lid has a weight load of 300lbs, you can sit on it between games.

Only downside to it is that it won't fit in the trunk of a lot of smaller cars and sedans.

robertjuric
05-03-2004, 10:37 PM
MarkM, I just can't justify $175 for a gearbag.

Dryden, my lil bro uses that as a truck box haha. He takes bungee cords to keep it secure.

So far I've looked at Redz and Ratco. But I'm also thinking about just buying something like a big plastic box and using that.

I've started packing lighter. I've got it down to a gun, mask, tank, pods, some tools, and some dirty clothes. I won't put my mask in any bag unless it has a hard compartment for it. Im thinking of getting like a Ratco, carrying my mask, have another bag for dirty clothes.

ghideon
05-03-2004, 11:32 PM
Redz Small Gear Bag
http://countypaintball.com/product_description.asp?item=2417
$34 (altho County looks like they're out of stock atm)

Holds my marker, tank, three barrels, and some other stuff (harness, couple pods). Then I went to HomeDepot, picked up a small toolbox ($9 or so), and that's where I shove all my batteries, squeeges, parts, tools, etc. So the only things I pack (besides paint) is the toolbox, the bag, and my google bag.

jdev
05-03-2004, 11:50 PM
I now use the Nexed NX Pro Rolling Duffel. 2 levels of storage for markers and the like, and an extra top part to store clothes and such. I keep 6 jerseys, 2 pairs of pants and a pair of cleats up there.

in the gearbag itself, my emag, my viking, warp, halo, mask, tools, extra revvy, and my redz pack. with BUNCHES of room to spare.

did I mention on each split level, there are 5 slots for barrels, ranging in small to "this belongs on a scenario marker" size. so, 10 slots in all.

afrankart
05-04-2004, 12:53 AM
I just ordered a Proto bag. I'll let you know how it works out for me.

lbonettosd
05-04-2004, 09:12 AM
I've been using a ratco for about 4 months now and IMO it's a very well thought out design for the money. I usually pack it with 2 mags, 2 68ci tanks, 1 20oz. co2, 2 revvys, 3 barrels, rags, all my tools, spare parts (LX, fittings, parts kits, etc...), squeegees, 2 masks (on the outside) and my 4+3 on the outside as well. So yea it can actually hold a lot of gear for its size and at $70 it makes those long walks to the outlaw fields bearable.

GA Devil
05-04-2004, 09:23 AM
I use a Nexed Driven Back Pack now. It holds everythign i can think of to put in it...lol. Multiple markers, multible masks and a bunch of other stuff.

Dayspring
05-04-2004, 11:01 AM
I need to start packing lighter...

2-3 guns (I've fit 5), barrel kit, mask, 10 pods, harness, 3 loaders, tools, cleaning supplies, jersey, gloves, hat.

Cryer
05-04-2004, 11:20 AM
I recently picked up some POS bag from II sports... Thought it was going to be a paintball gear bag, instead it was just a piece of luggage. I didnt even recognize the company name. :confused: (I had assumed it would be an I&I bag... :rolleyes: )

When I get out of the whole I managed to dig myself into for texball, I'll be picking up one of the NXe bags.

Loud Tim
05-04-2004, 11:25 AM
i use the planet gear bag its awsome its got three compartment enough room for a couple of guns and loaders and all that stuf. plus i can keep an extra set of close in ther for after tournys.

MarkM
05-04-2004, 04:38 PM
MarkM, I just can't justify $175 for a gearbag.

I've started packing lighter. I've got it down to a gun, mask, tank, pods, some tools, and some dirty clothes. I won't put my mask in any bag unless it has a hard compartment for it. Im thinking of getting like a Ratco, carrying my mask, have another bag for dirty clothes.
Well true it isn't cheap but then I don't think that was the object of the thread, we can all do cheap. I only bought the bag I have because it will do what I need it to and as I tend to hop on planes from time to time it can double as a bag for the things I need for the trip as well (I will afterall leave the spare gear in the Hotel room)

Now if the thread was "how getto is your gear bag" (there we are, for any PW's a ready made thread title for you ;) ) then I would hate to think the answers that will come up. My biggest gripe with bags is that up until the one I have just got there was nowhere sensible to put pods and even if you could get them into the bag safely they would have to be moved everytime you wanted to get to something and there are lots of little and large pockets inside to put things in that used to lie at the bottom of my Planet bag and when you overload a Planet bag the corners can rip out and the zips can burst plus there are a pig to move easily.