PDA

View Full Version : It is storming like a mad dog here

punkncat
05-01-2004, 11:52 PM
There is a kickin thunder storm going here right now. A tree in the neighbors yard just got blown down and carried part of the way across the yard.
Raindrops hitting the side of the house like BB's.
I opened the back door and the wind is blowing so hard its coming in the house across the covered back porch.

Big'n slo
05-01-2004, 11:54 PM
Turn your computer off...

ramennoodles
05-01-2004, 11:55 PM
nice dude, were i you, i'd unplug your computer as to avoid it getting fried. thats the way it was thurday friday and this morning but hopefully it will be clear tomorrow for practice.

-Jôker-
05-01-2004, 11:57 PM
it was real bad here at about 6 this mornin some loud arse thunder made me jump about 3 ft off my bed :D

DJBacon06
05-02-2004, 01:07 PM
Yeah, it was pretty bad here last night too. Not that bad, but we had several power outages.

cphilip
05-02-2004, 01:13 PM
We had a line of heavy ones come through around 3 am that came up from Atlanta and we and got another coming through right now. Not much thunder with this one. Just wind and rain. The counties to our east just went under a watch until 7pm. Looks like we got just by on this one and they expecting them to really get going after they get by us. We are one county over from the western most county that just went into the watch zone. So we be good and clear here in an hour or so. The line is just about clearing us now. Keep your heads down easterners and think out your plan to where you going to go if there is a warning for a Tornado. Lowest room with no windows. Closet etc... be prepared and stay safe.

http://www.nws.noaa.gov/

personman
05-02-2004, 01:51 PM
Its been pretty bad here too. Last night it was just crazy. I could hear the wind and everything.. I diddnt think much of it, just some rain.. :p
I guess April wanted to hit us hard before it let us go into May :D

SanDiegoMag
05-02-2004, 02:04 PM
I think you are lucky to have rain. We get so little rain, its sad. :( BUT we do have power outages. Im not looking forward to the summer brownouts... I am predicting about 3 this summer. We waste soo much energy and water here. But about storms, Everyone in the county is awed by them and is thankful for them.