PDA

View Full Version : Body rail questions....

jimmyjobob
10-04-2001, 11:47 PM
two questions:

1) certain mag rails have a hole tapped for vert adapters and some dont. minis vs. ???. when buying rails how do you know the difference. am i missing something here.

do any of you drill the existing metal(at the bottom of the existing hole) to modify them or...

2) when putting the twist lock assembly into the rail. it is very snug due to it being somewhat flared. how do you seat the lock in there real good and flush. i have seen certain locks that seemed to have been tapped in from above?

any info would be greatly appreciated.

Xzion
10-05-2001, 02:27 AM
[list=1]
The 68AutomaG Rails DONT have the Vert Adapter/Foregrip hole drilled, and the MinimaG rails DO have the vert adapter/foregrip hole drilled. If yours doesnt have the hole drilled, you should be able to look at the rail and find there is a hole that has be drilled out, ALMOST all the way, just drill the hole out the rest of the way yourself.
The Twist Lock assembly should sit flush with the rail, leaving only the nub sticking up past it. A handy way to install the twistlock is to use a male section of a Quick Disconnect, fit the nipple over the barrel lock nub, and use a press to push the assembly into place, make sure to elevate the rail to let the twistlock assembly to move out the other side as you push the assembly through, it should be a pretty tight fit.
[/list=1]

braaatz
10-05-2001, 02:31 AM
I have a benchmark rail and the hole for the foregrip
was already drilled. Stock Automag rails are partially
drilled, your just need to knock out the remaining
material.
As for the twist lock pin, the benchmark rail has it installed already.

jimmyjobob
10-05-2001, 07:12 AM
very helpful info. thanks.

i swear this forum is better than a toll free tech line.