PDA

View Full Version : What are these??

mwright1978
05-02-2004, 10:41 AM
On the RT custom that agd is selling, what are the chrome or stainless pieces on it, besides the main body? Are they some sort of rails or sights?? and what are there purpose? Just wondering

personman
05-02-2004, 10:46 AM
The one on the right that goes over the body is a sight rail.. except there are no dovetails for a sight.. so it's purely cosmetic, and you can remove it if you want. The one in the front in front of the grip frame is the foregrip extender. It just holds the foregrip on. You can remove it, but you wont have a foregrip anymore unless you get a Rogue Rail which has a slot in the rail for a foregrip.

jayloo
05-02-2004, 11:17 AM
On the RT custom that agd is selling, what are the chrome or stainless pieces on it, besides the main body? Are they some sort of rails or sights?? and what are there purpose? Just wondering

The mainbody you see in the pic is nickle plated aluminum, not stainless/chrome.

Joni
05-02-2004, 11:49 AM
The one on the right that goes over the body is a sight rail.. except there are no dovetails for a sight.. so it's purely cosmetic, and you can remove it if you want. The one in the front in front of the grip frame is the foregrip extender. It just holds the foregrip on. You can remove it, but you wont have a foregrip anymore unless you get a Rogue Rail which has a slot in the rail for a foregrip.

You can remove the front rail, and punch out the predrilled hole to attach the frontgrip directrly to the rail. Look in my sig for a pic of how it looks.

personman
05-02-2004, 12:29 PM
Ah, my bad. I've never really looked at the inside of an RT pro's rail and I was just assuming that because of the extender they just left that part solid.
Thanks for clearing that up.

cphilip
05-02-2004, 01:07 PM
Ah, my bad. I've never really looked at the inside of an RT pro's rail and I was just assuming that because of the extender they just left that part solid.
Thanks for clearing that up.

Yea but you will only have one hole for one of the two screws. But there is a premilled hole for a single screw hole. Just have to punch it out. It will work though. I got one rigged up that way now. I used some blue (removable) locktight on that one screw and really cranked that one screw down good. Works pretty good.

I also have one rail that Colin milled out for me along with the Karta body and he put the slot in that rail. So both screws will work and its adjustable forward and backwards along the slot. Works pretty slick.

mwright1978
05-02-2004, 03:10 PM
I think that the attachment for the foregrip extender looks preety nice.