PDA

View Full Version : x-mag problems

azmtnbiking
05-02-2004, 04:45 PM
all right guys, i need some help. let me giv you the low down first. when i try to rip a stream of paint with my x-mag the lvl10 kicks in constantly and the balls just rool out the barrel. i've changed carriers, used different springs, lubed it up, you name it. then i had an idea, i took my Retro valve w/lvl10 out of my automag classic and put in my xmag. it works like a champ. hmmmmm. then i put my xvalve back in and the thing won't even shoot now. i've disasembled the x-valve and put it bak together. all orings are in good condition and are lubed. any idea why this is happening? help me out. i love my x-mag, i just want it to work right

USAF-Flyboy with a Mag
05-02-2004, 04:54 PM
It sounds like a level x problem. Just to confirm it, you could take the level ten from ur retrovalve (along with the carrier/carrier oring/shims/spring) and put it into the xmags valve. If it works fine then it's your level x that needs adjusting.

Titansu
05-02-2004, 04:59 PM
I agree w/ USAF-Flyboy with a Mag... Do a process of elimination to see what is causing the x-valve not to fire. Try swapping one variable at a time.

On/off assembly, level x, springs.

If all else fails, LMK I can take that off your hands. :p

azmtnbiking
05-02-2004, 05:00 PM
well, i gave it a try. no go. i switched the whole lvl10 out and still the same. also, its venting out the side now. not out the back

azmtnbiking
05-02-2004, 05:02 PM
titansu, i've done that as well. no dice. i'[m really getting frustrated now. i don't want to have to send it in again

USAF-Flyboy with a Mag
05-02-2004, 05:04 PM
venting out the side? where exactly? do u have aim? if so..im me at magshootinmartin

azmtnbiking
05-02-2004, 05:05 PM
i have yahoo. yahoo ID az_paintball

Ghost24
05-03-2004, 11:47 AM
Take out the breech module and fire the marker. If it fires, adjust your level Ten. I had a simliar problem when I crack my cut spring and the new spring was a tad longer. If I backed the barrel out of the breech it fired correctly. However I could not play with it that way. I just cut my spring a little more and have had no more problems since. One last thing make sure you breech module is lined up straight when you screw the barrel in.

azmtnbiking
05-03-2004, 07:05 PM
i've bee trying to fire it without the breech. nothing. i've used every spring it comes with. i've even cut down the modified spring. nada

tmnothing
05-03-2004, 08:05 PM
well, i gave it a try. no go. i switched the whole lvl10 out and still the same. also, its venting out the side now. not out the back

Was it venting out the back? If it was your velocity was turned up too high. If it is venting anywhere else we need to know exactly where it is venting from to help. I dont think it's really possible to vent out the side...

Also, have you ever done any fine tuning of a LX before? If it is a level 10 problem maybe you should refer to one of the faqs that have been written that have detailed instructions on how to fine tune a LX from start to finish.

From your original post i was going to suggest that you check your detent to make sure it isnt in too far or if it isnt in far enough, but it seems like now you have run into more severe problems than originally posted. The gun doesnt fire at all now?

azmtnbiking
05-05-2004, 12:31 AM
well i got the venting taken care of. but the damn thing won't fire still. to recap all i did in the beginning was swap my x-valve with my retro valve /w lvl10. worked fine. put x-valve back in, no worky. when it vented out the side (little hole in front of X in x-valve) it was my regulater valve pin. i guess i didn't seat it properly. i'm just still stumped on why one valve works and the other doesn't. i never took the valve apart to begin with

nato
05-09-2004, 08:25 PM
Seeing how I'm lazy and all, I didnt get to read the ENTIRE thread... but this exact problem happened with me where my rt valve would work but not xvalve. The reason why the xvalve was acting up like yours was because of the LVL10. Just take out all of the LX parts and start all over again tuning it to make it work... Worked for me. Also make sure your velocity isnt too high or low... sometimes I even forget about that. Good Luck!

N.A.T.O.

Tunaman
05-09-2004, 09:38 PM
If its leaking out of the little hole on the side, that indicates a problem on the high pressure side of the reg. Either change and lube the reg pin orings.