PDA

View Full Version : What could chew up the reg springs in an x-valve

the larch
05-02-2004, 04:58 PM
My mechanical ULE'd X-valve has the ult trigger and LX-10. I've been having problem with shoot down and the marker not reseting. Well, I took the reg cap off and found what looked like steel wool inside. I discovered it was actually the end surfaces of my x-valve reg springs which appeared quite abraided. I assume that this mess is now throughout the entire valve and that I will need to get some new reg springs.
What in the world could have caused this to happen?
The marker is kept lubed with KC lube. ABout 3 drops once a month, but not really heavy play. THe valve is less than a year old.

ZapTheMad
05-02-2004, 06:11 PM
The scratching on the ends of the springs is normal. I think that they are all like that from being ground flat. Mine is, and many springs I have seen are the same way.

Have no idea what the "steel wool" stuff is.

the larch
05-02-2004, 07:05 PM
The "steel wool" appears to be the metal from the ground in springs. I wasn't aware that it was normal. I'm guessing then that I have a problem with my LX10.

Dayspring
05-02-2004, 07:43 PM
BTW- gun should be oiled EVERY use, not once a month. ESPECIALLY with the level 10 and ULT.

the larch
05-02-2004, 08:09 PM
Well, I am only averaging about 1/2 a case of paint a month right now so.......I'm oiling for usage, not time. ;) It was quite well oiled when I took it apart.
I just tried putting the stock on/off back in the marker. When I gassed it up, the marker locked up. When I degassed it I found the on off pin o/ring had actually dislodged and wedged the o-ring between the valve seat and pin. When I put it back together and aired it up again, it did the same thing. Frustrating.