PDA

View Full Version : Now I remember why I started playing paintball!

quik
05-02-2004, 06:40 PM
Today was great, there was a 5 man tournament at Colors Paintball ( www.colorspaintball.com ). It was a great time. Our team, Platinum X, took 3rd in the rookie division. I think we did pretty good considering we picked up a guy a week before, and we all have only played with each other 1 time before.

High points of the day?
-Jason(PlatinumJason) shooting Josh(Menacing) off the break.
-Sean(Custom-Porting) shooting me at the 50 while his balls curved like all hell.
-Josh getting shot out YET again by another team-mate :).

Low points of the day?
-The TES going down
-The EMAGS neck breaking yet again
-The HORRIBLE paint, which I guess was 'supposed' to be good, but unfortunately you couldnt get more than 50+ shots off without some kind of break :).

Even though some things went wrong? We still had a awesome time and it was probably one of the best times I've ever had paintballing.

FreakBaller12
05-02-2004, 06:50 PM
Yea dude, i love the tourny scene too. I went to my first durign the fall, it was the most fun i've ever had too. Good to hear you guys did good.

Was the emag neck ULE?

quik
05-02-2004, 07:09 PM
It was a custom neck that funkmunky made. Its been broke now twice, giong to have to figure out something to do as this is not working out very well.

Lohman446
05-02-2004, 07:22 PM
I loved the tournament - the paint did have an issue which is really really odd for Kickn - I think it had to do with the temperature changes during the day, but I was shooting large bore barrels to reduce this problem and still having barrel breaks often - oh well.

My team finished first in teh division, then fell in finals and took fourth but had a ton of fun

My memorable moments:
Taking my Phantom pump out for a game.. complete wtih ten round tubes and 12 grams.

Telling my team that if they got pulled because I played on to shoot a member of my other team (Brian) to not argue with the ref... cause it was going to happen. I got him first though from an angle.

Trying to explain to my team that there was no logical way to argue that the rest of Iron Dragons (or the other two that played) were sandbagging to play rookie but I was not to play with them in rookie)

What I learned
If I ever have to take paintball, winning and loosing, and points as seriously as some people do... I'll quit. I had a ton of fun today, and the most fun game I played was wth my pump... I was not trying to win, I was trying to annoy one of my other teammates (normally) who was playing on another team... I made a bunch of dumb moves, didnt pull the flag when I could... and had great fun. Seriousness well... its just not there sometimes. I dont mind buckling down when the team needs it... but fun is fun.

Menacing
05-02-2004, 08:45 PM
Yeah today was by far the most fun I've had playing paintball in a long time.

I mean needless to say I was getting sick of being shot out by my own team mates ;)

But crap happens.....lol.....

platinumjason
05-02-2004, 08:48 PM
Yeah it was a goodtime today and we did better than I thought we would for having 1 guy we never played with and only playing with quik once before. It was a great time and I didnt have to much of a problem with the paint other than size seemed to be a little non consistant. All in all, 3rd place isnt bad. :D

Also an interesting time when quiks feedneck just about came off his mag again, so he ghettoed it up with some ducktape. The best part of the day I would have to say is having the F5 work the whole time.

BTW, Good job today Rob, you guys did good all day long.

ramennoodles
05-02-2004, 08:48 PM
sounds like good fun. i don't like kick'n paint, their head quarters is 45 minutes away and so alot of the local tourny scene uses it but i'm not a fan, we go through the other distributer, worrpaint, much preffered. my team (first time ever playing together) played a tourny style bracket today and came in second, it was relaly alot of fun.

platinumjason
05-02-2004, 08:50 PM
Hey Josh, atleast I didnt shoot you during finals :P

Miltonyz
05-03-2004, 10:13 AM
I was really pleased with the tournament overall. Randy runs a smooth one. I don't really think the reffing on the woods field was as good as it could be, but the guys on the pipe field were sharp. I saw the duct-taped mag, it was pretty good for a laugh. I didn't have a problem with the kickin paint at all. It was nice and round with a nice thick fill. I didn't break a ball till I filled my barrel full of dirt sliding into the pipes snake. I don't carry a squeege so for the rest of that game I was blowing apart paint.

The only real thing I'll complain about is that Randy seeded our team in the top bracket. 4 of the 5 guys on my team started playing paintball last year. And the other has two years of tourny experience.

platinumjason
05-03-2004, 03:26 PM
What team did you play on Miltonyz? Also what were you shooting?

Miltonyz
05-03-2004, 03:39 PM
The team I played on was Illusion 1. The field I'm from, Woodland ,sent three teams. Split, Illusion 1, and Illusion 2.

I'm currently shooting an ebladed cocker, right now it seems that they are overtaking our field.

Lohman446
05-03-2004, 06:00 PM
:) Woodlands tournament should be fun.. I beleive it was Saturday June 5th. I talked to Randy today about calling and getting the one team we have together signed up for that :) I would expect more as it gets closer I just like to get in early

quik
05-03-2004, 06:20 PM
Is it a 5-Man? Where's woodland at? Might have to look into th is ;).

Lohman446
05-03-2004, 06:27 PM
3 man... Woodland is pretty easy to get to, and worth going. I enjoy myself immensely, now I jsut need to trick one of the other two into being captain. Hmm should bring my pump? :D

Miltonyz
05-03-2004, 07:39 PM
We just threw in a air ball field this spring so we should be able to run a quicker more varied tournament. Illusion won't be playing the owner has us reffing. I'll be running the fill station because I hate reffing.

You guys have enough mags at colors you out to try and run an all mag team.
Also come and talk to me at the fill station and I'll show off the frankenmag.

Lohman446
05-03-2004, 07:52 PM
Yeh... but somehow I think Randy, Rande, and I somehow wouldnt be allowed to play rookie... I don't know why LMAO

The thing is, if I did that, I would have to start playing seriously, if I wanted an all mag team I could equip a three man LMAO. I don't want to have to prove soemthign when I play,.. other than that i have a lot of fun :). And yes, making finals is fun, but I like to think that i have fun at a tournament regardless. Does this mean I never complain nah... it just means I do have fun.

Mags at Colors
Randy: not a chance of being Rookie, maybe 20 years ago or whatever
Rande: Yeh.. so he's 16 or so and dramatically better than most of us there
Me: Wohoo.. I can play Rookie
Quik: played them twice... and I was playing serious, and Platinum just beat us... just did. Besides, quik would ahve to give up his teammate wtih that e-blade and its umm... "quick" trigger (not a complaint) Left a foot hanging out and one of them were able to pick it across field... thats not supposed to happen in rookie :D
Umm.. Kevin?: I forget, horrible with names - plays rookie, is pretty good for it.
I know of at least a couple more mags running around, but mags do have a good reputation at Colors.

skife
05-03-2004, 08:08 PM
i might show up at the 5 man in belding, I got a friend that lives less than 10 minutes from the field, i can crash at her place.

I might even play in that tourney too if i can throw together a team *shrugs*

barberjohn
05-03-2004, 08:12 PM
-Josh getting shot out YET again by another team-mate :).

man, i feel relieved. that happened to me last weekend in a tourney, me being the guy who shot my guy out, but now that i see that other people actually have done it, it makes me feel better :D .

platinumjason
05-03-2004, 09:08 PM
I wouldnt mind going back to a E-Mag. F5 is nice and all but, I love mags :D

quik
05-03-2004, 09:17 PM
"man, i feel relieved. that happened to me last weekend in a tourney, me being the guy who shot my guy out, but now that i see that other people actually have done it, it makes me feel better. "

Happens to the best of us :).