PDA

View Full Version : **OFFICIAL** AO Star Wars Galaxies Thread

Mango
05-02-2004, 07:20 PM
Ok so Albinonewt and myself play Star Wars Galaxies and I was curious if anyone else does. We are on the Sunrunner Server and if you want to come play with us then you'll have to make a character on it. Neither of us really have the time to play an alternate character.

My characters name is Anouj Naboc, I wish I could change it but when I started the character a while ago I had no idea I'd still be using it. It's far too late to start over. Albinonewts is the same as on here. Unless we get enough interest, maybe we'll start an AO Guild on another server or something. It could be fun.

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/jtrussell7/swg.JPG

1stdeadeye
05-02-2004, 07:46 PM
How do you play?

Where do you buy the program?

Mango
05-02-2004, 08:10 PM
you buy the game at the store, then its $10 a month to play or there abouts. It's a massivly multiplayer game which means people from all over the world play and its like a universe. Best Buy has it along with most any store that sells computer games.

Rooster
05-02-2004, 08:20 PM
I remember snorbals. Easy to xp on with a klicknik before the CH nerf.

Wow, do I feel like a dork.

The Deacon
05-02-2004, 08:44 PM
I've played SWG since launch, Mod Terrik, Imperial Commando, Flurry server.

I'm not on much any more, I play it hardcore then burnt out for a month or two.

I've been running with a guild that has trashed almost all of the rebel bases on the server... :D

Mango
05-02-2004, 08:49 PM
Cool! Then come to Sunrunner! :)

edweird
05-02-2004, 11:07 PM
cant play that... jawas arnt a playable race.

anyhow I pay for DAoC and with the up comming free PvP expansion its getting more and more addicting

The Deacon
05-02-2004, 11:37 PM
Mango, you have any idea how much time I've wasted on this guy?!? :D

I used to be into DAoC, but never could just sit down and grind to level 50. They made it easier to get to 50? It was too much time for such little reward for me. What all improvements have they made since after the Shrouded Isles expansion?

AlabamaMan
05-02-2004, 11:46 PM
There are a couple of us oregon guys that play on Naritus.

Too bad your an Imperial pig. :D

Koosh
05-03-2004, 12:10 AM
Deacon convinced me to buy this crappy game when it first game out... wasted $50 on the game, and another $40 on it in the months to follow...

the MMORPG thing isn't for me. I want instant action, none of the character building bullcrap... Unreal Tourney 2k4 seems to fit :)

Hey 1DE, if you want it to try it out, I can send you my copy... toss me $10 and we'll call it even...

1stdeadeye
05-03-2004, 10:43 AM
Hey 1DE, if you want it to try it out, I can send you my copy... toss me $10 and we'll call it even...

Sold!

PM me your paypal info.

Jonneh
05-03-2004, 10:52 AM
I'm PopeShoes on Lowca in GoonSquad.

The game itself is horrible, but the stupid stuff our guild does makes it all fun, I pray that the space expansion is better.

FactsOfLife
05-03-2004, 12:56 PM
I'm sorry, but my unadulterated masculinity prevents me from playing a game where I have to go listen to music to be healed.... :D

Mango
05-03-2004, 01:03 PM
I'm sorry, but my unadulterated masculinity prevents me from playing a game where I have to go listen to music to be healed.... :D

lol! ;)

You know you danced in your chair to it.

FutureMagOwner
05-03-2004, 01:07 PM
just went and canceled my account yesterday lol the game got this one huge publish and it killed my comp so i dont play it anymore. formerly rimoba alozo on wanderhome, almost master commando lol and you need 2 people to kill a snorbal? i used to solo those things lol

Mango
05-03-2004, 02:08 PM
just went and canceled my account yesterday lol the game got this one huge publish and it killed my comp so i dont play it anymore. formerly rimoba alozo on wanderhome, almost master commando lol and you need 2 people to kill a snorbal? i used to solo those things lol

Ahh thats ashame you cant play anymore.

And NO neither of us needs two people, we were hunting together just for fun :rolleyes: :cool:

minimagjim
05-03-2004, 02:14 PM
Hey i am on Tarquinus names Eledar and am part of the ROGUE SQUADRON, we are a MAJOR rebel sore for the imperials. We are a big guild with lots of members and resources check us out if you want we are located in Minos, Tattoine on Tarquinus.

DementedChild
05-03-2004, 02:17 PM
i used to play it along time ago, then i got into planetside, which is more my thing, and im also a beta tester for World of warcraft

FutureMagOwner
05-03-2004, 03:37 PM
Ahh thats ashame you cant play anymore.

And NO neither of us needs two people, we were hunting together just for fun :rolleyes: :cool:

yeah sure you dont need eachother :D :rolleyes: :p

anyway im reinstalling/updating it right now and if it works again i might play

PissedGodzilla
05-03-2004, 04:12 PM
Has anybody tried City of Heroes yet??? it is KICKIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Restola
05-04-2004, 12:11 AM
I've heard nothing but bad things about this game.

But then...I still play AC2 after 17 months :)

Mango
05-04-2004, 06:10 AM
I've heard nothing but bad things about this game.

But then...I still play AC2 after 17 months :)

Yeah thats why it won Online Game of the Year from GiN :rolleyes:

Game Industry News Link (http://www.gameindustry.com/reviews/030714swgalaxies.asp) :)

Fred
05-04-2004, 12:11 PM
I've been thinking of picking up FF11...

I'm not as into SW as I used to be, mostly due to Lucas becoming a crackhead and the recent games I've played being sub-par...

I dunno, I think I can only handle 1 MMORPG at once...

---Fred

FutureMagOwner
05-04-2004, 01:23 PM
swg probably gets bad reviews because unlike other mmorpgs it isnt some dead set path of leveling and grinding your butt off for months at a time for a level i think

Jonneh
05-04-2004, 01:36 PM
swg probably gets bad reviews because unlike other mmorpgs it isnt some dead set path of leveling and grinding your butt off for months at a time for a level i thinkHAHAHAHA? What? Have you actually played SWG?

FutureMagOwner
05-04-2004, 02:36 PM
HAHAHAHA? What? Have you actually played SWG?

well i mean i never found when i was a commando that i was grinding compared to other games and there was the whole chose your own adventure sorta deal with it which reminded me alot of one of my favorite games ever (stonekeep)

i know that some trees were very grindy but that i think is because its really kinda impossible to not grind them (like the crafting classes because you couldnt create truely unique and custom things like you can in real life if you wanted to so people grind out crap until they can make the best stuff because noone will buy it unless it was maxed out)

FactsOfLife
05-04-2004, 02:44 PM
i used to play it along time ago, then i got into planetside, which is more my thing, and im also a beta tester for World of warcraft

You a PS'er too?

Server/Faction/Name?

SatansGun
05-04-2004, 09:53 PM
i did beta 3 and played for 2 months when it came out then i quit but i was thinkging about comeing back an y trying ill go on Sunrunner

Paintball_4_Fun
05-12-2004, 04:37 PM
ok lets do it i will go out and buy the game in a few hours

What info do i need to know .
Server?
ect ...
let me know i wil be all the im. today

Mango
05-12-2004, 04:52 PM
cool! it's ont he first post. We are on the Sunrunner galaxy. I'll be on for a while tonight as will Albinonewt. My characters name ingame is Anouj just shoot me a /tell :D

Paintball_4_Fun
05-12-2004, 07:05 PM
ok got it
Im installing it now it is doing all the updates...
So what race and class should i play?

tard
05-23-2004, 05:00 PM
I play on Naritus got two characters tard and owop ones in the guild aainc the others in prey

AlabamaMan
05-23-2004, 06:55 PM
I play on Naritus got two characters tard and owop ones in the guild aainc the others in prey

I've never even hard of those guilds on Naritus. Are they imp, or rebel?

tard
05-23-2004, 07:18 PM
rebel... aainc is in the town maze of diosis on lok and prey is a PvP guild located in mos quito on tat we work closely with RAID

mR.HaAPPY
05-24-2004, 04:43 PM
A bunch of kids at my school play SWG. I, myself, don't have the game or an account, per se, but I kinda share one with my friend. We're all on the server Starsider. We have a primarily Rebel guild called "The Protectorate" and a Player City on Dant. called "Agathon." The guild's mission is to protect Jedi... kinda dumb, but one of my friends founded the guild, so we were obligated to join.

I don't know, "our" character is almost a Master Combat Medic... there was ALOT of grinding to get up the crafting tree.... all you need to do though is make a crafting macro, or ask around for one. Too bad we didn't find out about this until a week ago....... but I, personally, think crafting is fun, when you're decent at it, chems anyway... I don't know about furniture or clothes or crap like that.

:Edit: O and if you happen to be on Starsider and want to join the guild e-mail Mandu Garian tell him Plorssg sent you, and he'll pull some strings. :Edit:

tard
05-24-2004, 04:49 PM
I was once master CM, the crafting was a breeze in my opinion. Right now my character tard is master doc/master fencer and owop is armorsmith/smuggler

WingMan13
05-24-2004, 04:56 PM
Wow, small galaxy Mango. I have been playing on Sunrunner for a while. I play as a Mon Cal by the name of Ribbit Askicker. I'm a guildless wanderer so if you ever getting a group together to go into those new Mandalorian caves throw me an /tell or Email ingame.

Paintball_4_Fun
05-24-2004, 04:56 PM
I went out and got the game because of ao now i cant find any body.
but if soem one could e-mail me some macros i could die happy.

paintball_4_fun@hotmail.com

Igotu
05-24-2004, 05:30 PM
Ya I played swg for a couple of months just cancelled my subscribtion last week, I'd play it for a week than get bored it was an awesome game just not for me. Before swg I played planetside that game was uber I played it and it was awesome but it just got to repetitive take one base than take the next etc... This one time i payed this guild got like 300 tanks and just took continent to continent it rocked. Does anybody else know of a massivley online game like planetside if so tell me because I loved planetside. OH and if anybody wants to buy either copies lmk.

Ultimator
05-24-2004, 11:31 PM
I played Final Fantasy 11 for awhile and that was fun .. I was thinking about getting SWG, one of my good friends has a Jedi account but it doesn't look like much fun to be a Jedi, he can never whip out the lightsaber because liek 500000 people will try to kill him.

.... anyway.

Igotu
05-25-2004, 05:27 PM
So who cant wait for halo 2 to come out.

beam
06-28-2004, 03:10 PM
I know...old post...but gotta represent Ahazi.

Iridium - MBH (no skill points left for anything else)
Eridium - Master Doc, TKM