PDA

View Full Version : Hello, new to this forum, and have a few Q's

n8-J
10-05-2001, 07:53 AM
Hello, I am new to this forum and relatively new to paintball. I have purchased a used micromag and was wondering what are some of the first mod's I should do. Right now I have an armson barrel, with a stock hopper and running it on a anti-syffen (sp) 14 oz C02 tank, with a gas through foregrip, and macro line. I figure I should be running it on compressed but have to be 100% sure before spending all that cash. What would you do to spruce up this mag.???.

Thanks for any information.

n8-J

slapshot
10-05-2001, 07:58 AM
welcome to mag heaven.

definately with any mag you should use nitro/hpa.
i just got an adjustable, and noticed a big difference with the adjustable and my old preset, you should consider an adjustable.

try different barrels, to suit the paint you are using.
and a 12v rev. be creative

e21bgl
10-05-2001, 08:36 AM
1. Try a ported barrel. Many of them to be recommedned , such as Smart Parts , Lapco , Palmer pursuit etc.
2. If you not decided to change to Nitro/HP system , add a expansionchamber or regulator will be the best way to improve your gas efficiencey, more consistance.

markhauguel
10-05-2001, 08:45 AM
I think any HPA system will be an improvement. You will definately need an expansion chamber of some kind if you want to play on anything but a 75+ degree day and not shoot very fast. I would keep everything you have and decide after something is not working for you. There is very little you can do to increase performance very much. If the barrel doesn't match the paint you use most that is the first thing to change. With a micromag you need to be sure you get the right barrel (cocker I believe). Have fun.

Cha0tic
10-05-2001, 08:46 AM
ok here it goes.

you do not need to switch to HPA. The mag was designed in a time before compressed air was an option. if you have an anti-siphon and an expansion chamber, you will have a fine set up. HPA is nice because it will make you gun more consistant because the gas is more stable (does not have to change from a liquid to a gas) and is regulated. There isn't much difference between adjustable and non-adjustable tanks. the adjustable are more expensive, can have to PSI adjusted (for low preesure guns, or an RT automag) and can be slightly more consistant due to better regulators.

i would buy a VL 12 volt revolution to replace your current laoder. This will allow the balls to feed faster when you shoot fast. you might also want to look in to a drop forward to move your tank forwards more and balance out the gun.

HeerophantG
10-05-2001, 09:17 AM
Welcome to AGD's World

http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Palace/3640/kakyoin_stand_thumb.jpg

n8-J
10-05-2001, 11:38 AM
Thanks for all the information, really appreciated.

n8-J