PDA

View Full Version : Uber(i think) Hyperframe Problem:(

canadaguy
05-02-2004, 08:39 PM
Hey everyone. I just got my hyperframe used today. I installed it and put in a battery. It worked, the LCD lit up and i pulled the trigger a few times and it said "fire". but then the battery got hot so i took the battery out. I didnt think much of it then, but then I put in a battery just a few minutes ago and i cant get the LCD to light up. I tried 5 different batterys, 3 were brand new out of the package. Any ideas? thanks alot

WenULiVeUdiE
05-02-2004, 09:48 PM
You may have fried the board?

canadaguy
05-02-2004, 09:57 PM
how exactly?

ZapTheMad
05-02-2004, 10:02 PM
Electronics are not always 100% reliable. It's been my experience that when you buy a new product, if it is going to fail, it will do so within the first week of purchase.

funkmunky56
05-03-2004, 12:12 PM
actually, there's a VERY good chance that your hyperframe, like a whole BUNCH of them, has an improperly milled board mounting area inside the grip, and is being juked by a board short somewhere in there. I've seen a bunch like this. Lemme know if you want some help troubleshooting it. However, if it's under warranty? send it to CenterFlag and tell them to replace it. Or else. :-D --Funk

Janitor
05-04-2004, 01:19 AM
Remove the board from the grip and turn in on and see if you can read the LCD and if the battery gets hot.

If you think that you have a problem with the board (the electronics, traces, chips, damage etc.) I might be able to help you repair it.

canadaguy
05-04-2004, 09:07 AM
yes i did. works perfect now. thanks for everyones help:) now i just need some air to test it out. anyone want to mail me their tank? lol