PDA

View Full Version : Hyperframe Problem:(

canadaguy
05-02-2004, 09:29 PM
Hey everyone. I just got my hyperframe used today. I installed it and put in a battery. It worked, the LCD lit up and i pulled the trigger a few times and it said "fire". but then the battery got hot so i took the battery out. I didnt think much of it then, but then I put in a battery just a few minutes ago and i cant get the LCD to light up. I tried 5 different batterys, 3 were brand new out of the package. Any ideas? thanks alot

smilestyler
05-03-2004, 12:12 AM
Hey everyone. I just got my hyperframe used today. I installed it and put in a battery. It worked, the LCD lit up and i pulled the trigger a few times and it said "fire". but then the battery got hot so i took the battery out. I didnt think much of it then, but then I put in a battery just a few minutes ago and i cant get the LCD to light up. I tried 5 different batterys, 3 were brand new out of the package. Any ideas? thanks alot

Did the other batteries get hot. or did they just do nothing? How long was the first one in there before it got hot?

canadaguy
05-03-2004, 08:45 AM
it was only in for about 20 seconds before it got hot. The other batteries did nothing. I think one did get warm but not as hot as the first.

hitech
05-03-2004, 12:50 PM
A battery heating up like that is a sign of high current draw. In a hyperframe that is a sign of a problem. It could be lots of things. The most likely is the back of the board is shorting on the frame. One of the capacitor (big blue thing) wires could be shorting. Basically, something sounds like it is shorting. Remove the board but leave it connected. Connect a battery and see if you still have the problem.

canadaguy
05-03-2004, 01:23 PM
hey. Its sorta starting to work. A piece of metal was touching the frame.
NEVER MIND! it works great now :)! thanks for everyones help. now if only i can get some air ;)