PDA

View Full Version : why are they discontinuing

rmhawk
05-02-2004, 09:36 PM
I did search, and came up empty, so i ask (i know it has been asked before), Why is AGD discontinuing the E and X Mag?

Will they still offer support for those of us that own one?

P8ntBallBoom
05-02-2004, 09:52 PM
You can thank Smart Parts for that one. They patented the electronic trigger so now anyone that wants to sell an electro marker has to pay royalties to Smart Parts on every gun or something like that. And I don't think there was any way AGD was going to do that so....they just stopped makin 'em.

Dayspring
05-02-2004, 09:55 PM
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=126903&highlight=Xmags

Didn't look real hard did we?

rmhawk
05-02-2004, 10:38 PM
Didn't look real hard did we?

.I..

:p

shartley
05-03-2004, 05:10 AM
You can thank Smart Parts for that one. They patented the electronic trigger so now anyone that wants to sell an electro marker has to pay royalties to Smart Parts on every gun or something like that. And I don't think there was any way AGD was going to do that so....they just stopped makin 'em.
This is NOT true. Sorry. There were reasons for AGD stopping the production of both the E and X mags that had nothing to do with SP. And obviously you didn’t read what AGD wrote on the issue, because they said they ARE coming out with a new Electronic Marker. They are just taking their time doing so.

Come on folks, if you are going to tell the story, tell it accurately and tell the whole thing.

Wc Keep
05-03-2004, 08:52 AM
wow i agree with shartley......for once.......

smarts parts patent covers micro switches not magnetic triggers.

rikkter
05-03-2004, 09:26 AM
wow i agree with shartley......for once.......

smarts parts patent covers micro switches not magnetic triggers.

i thought they had a patent on 'anything' that broke up an elect current, such as a switch or a pin? i can't read the patent pages cause i'm at school, and computers here are gay, but thats what i thought anyways.

shartly's right though, TK (or someone else) said with the new ultra light trigger, they didn't really need the huge solenoid, or the huge battery anymore and could incorporate it into a new electronic gun, their just waiting for the SP issue to die down he said.