PDA

View Full Version : RT vs. X On/Off Assembly ?

Vanced
05-03-2004, 08:49 AM
Just a quick question...

Is There any difference between the On/Off Assembly in a RT/E-Mag Valve and a "X" Valve ... I don't belive there is but I wanted to ask... And I know there is a differnce in the body of the valve thus the reason RT's need drilled for the ULT... but Is there any in the assembly itself ?

The reason I am asking is for flipping valve into and out of Micro Body that require a different length on/off pins so I wouldn't need to dismantle the assembly to change pin lengths and just pull the assembly ?

Thanks in advance for any definate answers...

Vanced
05-04-2004, 08:34 PM
I guess I was wrong when I would get a quick and easy answer to this question ?.....

BUMP !

RRfireblade
05-04-2004, 10:46 PM
For what you are planning,you will be just fine just swapping pins of different lengths.

Vanced
05-05-2004, 09:05 AM
Thanks for the reply Fireblade ... but I am sorry.. Maybe I wasn't clear in asking my question...

I know I can take the on/off assembly apart and change pin lengths...

What I was asking is can I just Pull on the complete on/off assembly out of say an X-Valve and switch it with the assembly in an Retro Valve and vise versra... Is there any differnce between the two and will there be any detrimental effects to doing this ...

Thanks agian for someones time to answer this question...

mobius
05-05-2004, 09:17 AM
If your retro valve is the type that is stepped inside, so that it only has one o-ring at the top of the on/off (this is the type that needs to be drilled for ULT), then no, you won't be able to put an X-valve on/off into it. Not without having your Retro Valve drilled out, anyway.

Vanced
05-05-2004, 01:31 PM
Ok you are saying if I have the old style RT valve with the single O-ring inside (The ones that need drilled out for the ULT) that I CAN NOT switch it with the stock X-Valve On/Off Assembly ...

I thought this only affected the ULT kits ... but I guess I was wrong ...

Thanks again...

RRfireblade
05-05-2004, 03:28 PM
Actually I believe you can,you just don't use the outer bottom o-ring.

Vanced
05-05-2004, 03:41 PM
RRFireblade,

That is what I thought as well, as I said in my orginal post...

I thought they were identical and only the way they interacted with the body of the valve was different...

But now I have a couple of conflicting answers on the subject .... *Shrugs*

Anyone else have an opinion ?

mobius
05-05-2004, 03:51 PM
I could be wrong. I guess it makes sense that you could just leave out the outer O-ring. I didn't think of that... :o

Tunaman
05-05-2004, 04:27 PM
I could be wrong. I guess it makes sense that you could just leave out the outer O-ring. I didn't think of that... :oall retros, newer emag valves, rt pro valves, Xvalves, and Xmag valves are all identical. Pin length and quad oring on the E and X Mags is the only difference.

Vanced
05-05-2004, 04:37 PM
Thanks Tuna,

That is what I thought, but you just gave me the confirmation I was looking for...

Thanks again for your time and the answer... put it on my tab...