PDA

View Full Version : Fireblade trigger and trigger rod issue

MaxPowers
05-03-2004, 09:57 AM
Anyone have to adjust the trigger rod with the Fireblade for the e/x mag?? How do you take the sear assembly out without destroying it ???

Thanks

Z-man
05-03-2004, 10:15 AM
Yeah I had to do it. The Fireblade is a bit fatter and sets closer to the back of the frame than the original 2 finger. You really have several options:

1- Move the sear pin back a bit by screwing it in. Be aware that AGD does not suggest that you do this as it messes with the tolerances in Mech mode. However if you plan on only using E and Hybrid mode, then it really won't hurt anything. To take the sear assembly out, you have to first take the E-Mag down to the trigger and then pull off the cir-clip that holds the solenoid plunger in place. The sear can then carefully be pulled out. The sear pin is threaded and can be turned in or out with a little effort. Factory spec sear length is 2.125 in; I moved mine in to about 2.090 in which works fine in the 2 E-modes but only so so in mech mode. I suggest that you loctiite it back together when you are finished messing with it so it does not change place

2- Grind a bit of the Fireblade away so that it behaves like the stock trigger. This is more of an eyeball job so go slow. I don't know for sure but I believe that CoolHand was offering help in that area so send him a PM if you don't know how to proceed. All 3 modes should work fine in this rout.

3- Remove the sear pin altogether. This is the tourney legal solution. While you loose hybrid and Mech mode, there is no way that anyone could ever coax any bounce out of the trigger or claim foul play with the selector switch.

Hope that helps

MaxPowers
05-03-2004, 01:37 PM
2- Grind a bit of the Fireblade away so that it behaves like the stock trigger. This is more of an eyeball job so go slow. I don't know for sure but I believe that CoolHand was offering help in that area so send him a PM if you don't know how to proceed. All 3 modes should work fine in this rout.

Actually, thats what I was going for. The rod was already making an indentation in the back of the trigger, so I figured I would just grind a little bit at a time away until all 3 modes could play happily together. If I need further help I'll PM you

Thanks.

BeerCitySk8brds
11-08-2004, 11:28 PM
I know this is old.

Mine had the opposite problem. Did they change the design?

athomas
11-10-2004, 05:40 PM
The new triggers have a dimple drilled in the back of the trigger to allow for the trigger rod. There is still need for adjustment though. Adjust the rod so that you get reliable operation in manual mode. Then make the necessary adjustments for electronic mode. You should be able to get all 3 modes (manual, electro and hybrid) to function well.

yakitori
11-10-2004, 06:38 PM
The new triggers have a dimple drilled in the back of the trigger to allow for the trigger rod. There is still need for adjustment though. Adjust the rod so that you get reliable operation in manual mode. Then make the necessary adjustments for electronic mode. You should be able to get all 3 modes (manual, electro and hybrid) to function well.

I agree w/ that. My fireblade trigger must be a new one, but I have no troubles w/ it after making the correct adjustements to the trigger rod length. Just access the sear, pull it upward in the rear of the sear (not straight up, this may cause problems w/ solenoid plunger in future). Then unclip the bottom trigger rod from the bottom of the sear, remove it, then adjust the rod length, put it back in and test it.

It doesnt take that long to do, and once its adjusted, thats it, no more probs.

hope it helps.