PDA

View Full Version : Sear Pin Change = Trigger play

veteranmag
10-05-2001, 08:50 AM
I have a five year old minimag and my friend just bought one a month ago. He has been having trouble with his gun double firing so I took a look at it. When I shoot it, I have much better results than he does, but nonetheless it's feels different.

The gun is new so the bolt and sear looked fine. But, I noticed that the horizontal metal pin holding the sear is different from the one on my old minimag - the pin on the new minimag does not extend all the way across the groove where it sits and the circumfrance of the pin is noticeably smaller than the groove. The result is that the sear (and the trigger) has a good deal of side to side play. I suspect that every so often the sear shifts slightly to one side (on its horizontal axis - yaw) when it catches the bolt so that it doesn't have a good grip on the bolt edge, causing the double fire (and resulting chop).

Did AGD make this design change or is the fit & finish on this particular minimag below standards?

Tunaman
10-05-2001, 05:05 PM
I believe the body rail is milled in such a way that side sear slop is impossible. I think it holds it right in the middle. Someone please correct me if I am wrong...
I believe Tom and the gang have figured this one out a long time ago.

veteranmag
10-08-2001, 09:17 AM
Well that is how my older minimag is made, the pin that holds the sear fits snuggly into the groove. It's not easy to remove it because the fit is that good.

In contrast, with my friend's new minimag the pin is so loose and small that you can pop the sear right out of the trigger frame - hence the side trigger slop.

veteranmag
10-19-2001, 02:21 PM
Has anyone had this problem?

st6212
10-19-2001, 10:19 PM
It could be that the place your friend bought his mag from could have taken it apart for some reason and put in the wrong pin by mistake when they put it together again??

Just go out and buy a replacement sear pin, or contact AGD, they may send you a replacement one.

AGD
10-20-2001, 01:15 AM
It's not the sear he needs a longer on/off pin. There is not enough side play in the sear to make it double fire.

AGD

X-Plosive
10-20-2001, 02:24 AM
yep, I told you guys it was the on/off pin:) By the way, tunaman that strange black sear pin you sent me must be the one he is talking about. Your sear PIN would not fit in my sear at all. I could barely get it in the rail but it was near impossible to get it back out. By the way.....e-mail me with your address when you get a chance.