PDA

View Full Version : ss hose length?

durtysoufcraka
05-03-2004, 10:28 AM
if i have a medium drop on my emag...and a q/d on my valve. how much SS hose will i have to buy to keep it out of the way of my hand but still be able to get to the drop. will 13 in be enough?...will it be way to much. ppl please tell me how much hose you use.

also what would be the draw back to having too much hose...it wont be that big of a loss in efficiency are there any other prolems. please help.
-durty

ah137
05-03-2004, 10:34 AM
12 is usually enough

Hills

Creative Mayhem
05-03-2004, 10:36 AM
Depends on which way you end up routing the hose. If its lopping towards the front, then 10 is prolly good, if its looping towards the back, you want a little extra due to your forearm and wrist neding to occupy the same space while holding the marker.

lbonettosd
05-03-2004, 11:47 AM
Well I have a medium Bullet drop from Psycho Ballistics on my mini and I have to say that the overall lenght of a 13" w/ a QD is the best length. I ran mine from the left side of the drop forward, having it loop backwards (towards yourself if you're holding the marker), then connecting to the right side of the valve. Now I am right handed (& shoot righty) and I'd say that the 13inch hose setup is best if you ever have to shoot lefty. It gives you enough room to hold and shoot the gun with either hand and still be comfortable doing so (which anything shorter wouldn't), and it doesn't stick out too far behind the gun.

Oh BTW, If you use anything shorter than a 13" SS hose the quick disconnect will have to be put on the drop forward end of the hose. The bends in the hose that are required to make a shorter hose work won't allow the QD to work (without moving the elbow moving the elbow on the valve).

durtysoufcraka
05-03-2004, 11:56 AM
thank you very much, lbon i will be using a psyco ballistics bullet too. why do you have to loop it around something...i dint really understand. it seems to me that you could just put the hose on the right side of the drop and erething would be fine. do you have a pic of your set up?
-durty

lbonettosd
05-03-2004, 12:18 PM
The reason I looped it from the left side, around the back of the gun then to the right side of the marker is becuase it kept the hose from rubbing on my wrist / forearm. (which was to me EXTREMELY irritating). The routing of the hose this way kind of creates a little "pocket" for your hand to slide into.

I'm about to go to lunch so I'll run home and try to snap a couple of pics for you.

Creative Mayhem
05-03-2004, 12:45 PM
thank you very much, lbon i will be using a psyco ballistics bullet too. why do you have to loop it around something...i dint really understand. it seems to me that you could just put the hose on the right side of the drop and erething would be fine. do you have a pic of your set up?
-durty

Not sure if this helps.. but this is how I run my hose on my xmag.

http://www.teamviolator.com/Mayhem/warped%20X.jpg

lbonettosd
05-03-2004, 02:30 PM
Here's what a 13" w/ QD will look like. Notice the size of the loop, it makes it very easy to slide either hand in to shoot. Hope this helps you out durty.
http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=70652&stc=1 http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=70651&stc=1