PDA

View Full Version : Adjustable tank reg info?

Eric Cartman
05-03-2004, 10:53 AM
Hey there AO. I’m lookin’ for some input on regs. I currently have a Centerflag Dynaflow and I’m not real wild about the way the output pressure rises as the tank pressure decreases. I’m looking for something new. I looked into the MacDev Conquest, but MacDev told me the output pressure can’t be adjusted past 650 / 700 psi. I’ve heard that from a few other people as well. So can anyone suggest something that meets the following criteria?

New - not looking for a used reg
Reg only – I already have a new tank
Must be adjustable up to 1000 psi
NO SMART PARTS PRODUCTS!
Must be 4500 / 5000 psi

Any input is greatly appreciated. By the way, has anyone tried the Nitro Duck adjustable screw in?

Thanks!

Spaceman613
05-03-2004, 10:58 AM
pretty much all regs have output pressure increase as tank pressure drops. the dynaflow just seems to have a lil more than others (claimed to be by design).

You may want to look into air america, but they may not sell the reg separate because of mopes. Worth the dime for the phone call though.

TTCosmo
05-03-2004, 01:02 PM
I recently heard that companies are no longer selling regs separate from the tanks. With the recent accidents, i guess its a new law or something.

Anyway, if you can still get your hands on just a reg, look into the evil scion. I believe that they have a rebuild kit to allow for higher pressure like what you need. They are by far the nicest looking tanks/regs out there and are rated at 5000 psi.

From what i've heard, the nitro duck regs are kinda cheap and require more maintenance. I have an old air america reg that i bought used and it still works good.
Bottom Line: You get what you pay for.

Eric Cartman
05-03-2004, 02:42 PM
I recently heard that companies are no longer selling regs separate from the tanks. With the recent accidents, i guess its a new law or something.

Yeah I know AGD wont sell a flatline reg by itself. I hadn't heard that others were doing the same. I disagree with the policy, but it's the company's right to make that decision and I guess I have to live with it. If I have to buy with a tank, I'll just switch the tank to my old reg and sell it. :rolleyes:

I'd never heard of the Scion. I'll have to look into that. Hopefully they'll be easier to find than Nitro Duck stuff. I can't find a single loaction in Canada that sells their products. Buying anything like this in Canada is such a PITA. No-one stocks anything but pre-sets and the odd max-flo or angel air. It's so frustrating. :mad: Do you have stores in the U.S. that actually stock lots of paintball items, or is it the same thing down there?

swanster
05-03-2004, 02:49 PM
air america abaddon. It is very consistent, adjustable to over 1000psi, is very reliable and looks really good

TTCosmo
05-03-2004, 03:01 PM
I live by and play at a very large paintball park/store that carries a large selection of stuff. They do tend to carry and promote a specific brand, in this case pmi/evil and dye, but they give the option of special ordering anything that they don't carry.

If you find something you want, check to see if your local store will special order it for you. It may cost a few bucks more than an online dealer but you should get some type of warranty with it. They should fix any problems you might ever have with it and YOU won't have worry about shipping it out to get it fixed.

Support your local store/field and help them grow. :D

Eric Cartman
05-04-2004, 10:57 AM
If you find something you want, check to see if your local store will special order it for you. It may cost a few bucks more than an online dealer but you should get some type of warranty with it. They should fix any problems you might ever have with it and YOU won't have worry about shipping it out to get it fixed.

Support your local store/field and help them grow. :D

I would like nothing more than to support my local store, but unfortunately, we're talking about a lot more than "a few bucks more". If they're doing a special order for me, I get to pay customs and duty on top of the store's markup. This can amount to a lot of cash! It's not a speedy turn around either. Getting a specialty item for me isn't a huge priority for them as they're busy with all of their regular products. There's also the fact that I like to actually see and possibly hold something before I drop hundreds of dollars on it. I just wish there were more stores around that stocked a wider variety of products, although I understand why that's not particularly feasible for a lot of retailers. You can't carry lots of stock on expensive items which may not sell. This is why the poor vendor turn out at Skyball this year was such a disappointment for me. I was primed for some serious shopping! :(
I might have to make a road trip south of the border this summer and head somewhere where there's some big stores with some decent selection.