PDA

View Full Version : Can Somebody in KY Help Me?? I Got Ripped Off...

APowers365
05-03-2004, 02:00 PM
I recently bought a pewter ULE body off 'medic49675.' He said he would ship first but said he needed the money fast so it would really help him out if we shipped same time. So, being the nice guy that I am, I sent my money order. He said he would ship that same say and get me a tracking number. I have not received the body and every time I PM him asking him where the body is and when he shipped it he reads the PM but does not write back to me.

I figured something was up and did an extensive search to find out that he was ripping other people off under the AO name 'SilverFox.'

The address he gave me was:
John Mackey
119 Robin Road
Nicholasville, KY 40356

The address he gave people under 'SilverFox' was:
John Mackey
134 Bellerive Blvd PMB #166
Nicholasville, KY 40356

When I do a search for the phone # for 119 Robin Road the person that lives there is Joe Kimmie or something. And the 134 Bellerive address doesn't even seem to exist.

Is there anyone in this area that can help me get my body that I payed for or my money back somehow??

Thanks.

cphilip
05-03-2004, 02:02 PM
I recently bought a pewter ULE body off 'medic49675.' He said he would ship first but said he needed the money fast so it would really help him out if we shipped same time. So, being the nice guy that I am, I sent my money order. He said he would ship that same say and get me a tracking number. I have not received the body and every time I PM him asking him where the body is and when he shipped it he reads the PM but does not write back to me.

I figured something was up and did an extensive search to find out that he was ripping other people off under the AO name 'SilverFox.'

The address he gave me was:
John Mackey
119 Robin Road
Nicholasville, KY 40356

The address he gave people under 'SilverFox' was:
John Mackey
134 Bellerive Blvd PMB #166
Nicholasville, KY 40356

When I do a search for the phone # for 119 Robin Road the person that lives there is Joe Kimmie or something. And the 134 Bellerive address doesn't even seem to exist.

Is there anyone in this area that can help me get my body that I payed for or my money back somehow??

Thanks.

MO? What kind. Can only be cashed by the person made out to. Check and see if its been cashed. And if not you can cancel it.

APowers365
05-03-2004, 02:03 PM
It was a Giant Eagle money order (my local grocery store). How would I check to see if it's cashed?? And doesn't it cost like $20 to cancel it??

FalconGuy016
05-03-2004, 02:06 PM
Joe Kimmie is probably his friend that is helping him out by using his address, and John Mackey is probably his real name. Try to do a search with that name, or ask your operator.

the larch
05-03-2004, 02:14 PM
Darn, I am at the OTHER end of the state. Well, here is a link to mapquest that shows the area guy lives:
http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?country=US&countryid=250&addtohistory=&searchtab=address&searchtype=address&address=&city=Nicholasville&state=ky&zipcode=&search=++Search++&finditform=1
Also, here is a link to a recent thread of KY players.
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=133454&highlight=kentucky

durtysoufcraka
05-03-2004, 03:04 PM
hehe...ky...players....ky, jelly!!!! sorry, it sucks to get ripped off. i think you should get help...thas what ao is for...sorry.
-durty

ps. im really sorry (for this post and for you getting ripped off)

kybluemag
05-03-2004, 03:29 PM
i live in lexington which happens to be real close to nicholasville. if you cant get this resolved soon I know of some people that can help.

APowers365
05-03-2004, 03:34 PM
That would be awesome!!

If he reads my next PM but does not respond to it again I will then start calling various phone numbers to try to get a hold of him. If I can't, then I will need somebody to find him and beat the poo out of him.

nuclear zombie
05-03-2004, 04:44 PM
i'm in frankfort , about 30 min away i'll try to help anyway possible (legally of course) kybluemag: if you need help busting some heads let me know :)

Absinthe
05-03-2004, 05:20 PM
So how long has it been since you sent him the money and he was supposed to send you the body? Because people suck it always seems to take 1-2 weeks for them to actually send stuff out. But if you really think you are getting ripped and if you can get some of the other people he has ripped off try calling the local police and have them knock on the guy's door. That tends to get people motivated. He could be running through a friend's house or somthing.

Nicholasville Police Department
510 North Main Street
Emergency Only 859-885-9466
Non-Emergency 859-885-9468
Public Relations 859-885-9944
SHERIFF'S OFFICE
Joe Walker - Sheriff
101 South Second Street, Nicholasville, KY 40356
Phone 859-885-4139
Phone 859-885-9512
Fax 859-887-5317
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Thursday and Saturday, 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon

Or do a search - got to love the internet:

Mackey, John & Ganine
292 Murphy Lane
Nicholasville, KY 40356-9465
(859) 885-****

Could be him, or family, etc. maybe parents, whatever

Absinthe

Lee
05-03-2004, 05:40 PM
"silverfox" got me a year or so ago for 10$. along with other people and thier markers and money.

you're the latest in a long line. sorry dude. it sucks to get ripped off for 10$, but the amount for a body hurts more, no question.

i can vouch for apowers. i have had dealins with him at least once.

APowers365
05-04-2004, 02:12 PM
I gave our dear friend John a call. Not knowing if the number I had was correct when the person answered I asked who he was. He said, "Who are you looking for??" I said John. He replied, "I think you have the wrong number." I then asked if it was 119 Robin Road. He said "Yes." I then explained that I sent a money order to his address, addressed to John Mackey and never got what I paid for. He then said that he would tell John. And I was like..."Oh, you know John??" He said, "He's my brother." That made me confused. Blah blah blah...I'll probably be calling tomorrow.

the larch
05-04-2004, 03:58 PM
Sounds like a kid. This means that the parents probably had to cash their money order for them. I would be talking to the parents not the kids now. Parents need to be made aware that they are doing this. Parents will probably have more fear of legal reprisal.
Might want to find out were the local fields are and "tell " them too just for kicks.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
05-04-2004, 05:51 PM
i hate mail fraud, it's a very annoying process to go to.

i suggest finding someone in the area to go to the locations listed and check it out.

Thourne
05-04-2004, 06:10 PM
Another option is to go talk to your local post office. This is officially mail fraud and the post office does maintain an investigation bureau (similar to the FBI - I was thinking about applying is why I know). Just go ahead and report this guy since he's obviously ripped other people off. Then I would call the number back and ask for the head of the house of whatever. Then I would tell that person that about the transactions their som has been making and that their address is listed in an official federal felony mail fraud investigation. That might get someone a good beating from their daddy and it might get you your body. If he ever had it. If nothing else the kid might go to juvvy and a good beating. Also pursue the phone numbers for the local police. You may even want to call the KY state police. On this side of the state (I'm from KY too, but an hour and a half away from him) if you don't get any results from the local boys we call the state police. They usually take everything seriously. I hope you kept a reciept with his name and address on it so you can prove you sent it to him.

I would put a post in the main forum entitled "Been ripped off by Silverfox or medic49675" and give any info obtained there to the PO people.

I hate it when people do this to other players. Absinthe, I also agree with you that it is a shame when people are slow about sending stuff out it's almost as bad because they think they've been ripped. That is why if people I trade with don't ship the day they receive payment or the day after I always leave something negative in their feedback thread unless there was a good reason for it being late. I've been lucky to have not been ripped off yet. I thought I had been a few months ago and it really makes you mad. Sorry about the bad luck. Report this to all authorities you can. You might even be able to get a federal and a local charge going against this kid, and really screw him up!

APowers365
05-04-2004, 08:10 PM
Well I called his house and got his "brother" so I guess I'll be calling tomorrow until I actually talk to him.

This is just another pain in my a**. Pisses me off so much.

CaptaiN_JacK
05-04-2004, 09:34 PM
if i lived in Nicholasville, i would definetly help you out and go to the kids house. seeing somebody in person is ALWAYS intimidating. my bet is that if you call and either talk to someone or leave a message on their phone saying "if i dont get my money back in full within 2 weeks i will press charges", you WILL get your money back :P. i bought something from a guy for $20 and sent the money first, and when it didnt come in a week i pmed him and he didnt reply. then i sent an email saying how mail fraud is a federal offense and blah blah blah and a bunch of bs, and within an hour i got a reply, and he sounded quite scared :P.

APowers365
05-04-2004, 09:38 PM
I called him already and got his brother. He said he would tell him I called. I just sent him one of those PMs. If that doesn't work then I'll ask people in his area to help. That doesn't work, call the cops and get all the other people he scammed to back me up.

tyrion2323
05-04-2004, 09:42 PM
Involve the authorities.

Dryden
05-04-2004, 10:19 PM
Sorry to hear about this ... I hope you're able to get your stuff back. While I don't think it's appropriate to get all Charles Bronson on someone, this guy definately needs to be paid a visit by a goon squad. Wasn't this the same idiot who was making pump rods? Whose machine shop burnt down ... then his wife fell ill ... then the USPS damaged all his packages ... and then ... and then ... ? :rolleyes:

I just did a quick search through Google for 'SilverFox paintball' trying to find his old web site, but came up with something much more interesting. His birthdate @ pbreview.com is April 4, 1975, which (if accurate) would make him 29. But, what was really interesting was to see that he regularly posts at pbreview, including reviews of many of his favorite fields: WarZone (Junction City), Conder's (Elizabethtown), Paintball Games in the Bluegrass (Georgetown).

Try calling some of these fields to see if they know of him, or whether or not he's brought in gear for sale, trade, or consignment.

See, the wonderful thing about personalities like this is that they don't disappear, they just relocate to commit crimes against someone else. People like SilverFox can't help themselves.

He'll be easy enough to find.

BTW, I'll bet dollars to donuts you're not talking to his brother.

APowers365
05-04-2004, 10:33 PM
Thanks for the info Dryden.

Dryden
05-04-2004, 10:51 PM
No problem. Bonus! Just found this post by him on pbreview:
I 'm just south of lexington. We play at war zone in junction city. best field i've been able to find and cheap to play. all day air $5 paint 55-60 per case, or byop byoa. Field fee $5 waved if you buy paint and air there. It is nice to see some ppl from KY on here. As to my team we have a scenerio team "Ravenous" That does MXS events and has a blast but have yet to get to any tourneys.Anyone on AO know of a team Ravenous from KY?

gc82000
05-04-2004, 10:51 PM
Hey my dad went to through the same situtation at Palmers, but he was accused of mail fraud. What happened was, my dad sebt his gun back for some maintence on the internals, and instead of the mailman leaving the package in our mail box. He left it on our garage table. My dad thinking that we never got it, called Palmers and asked for a new gun. They sent it very fast and with a letter of apologies for the loss of their gun. But after almost 3 and half years the guns needed to be sent back. My dad then got an email from Palmers about mail fraud and all that. So he paid them what he owed and that was it. If this guy has it your body telling him about the authorities might make him jump to do his part.

mjhall
05-05-2004, 10:00 AM
I live in Nicholasville, just call the police, they have nothing better to do. I will also keep an I out at the local feilds

knine
05-05-2004, 11:51 AM
Check it out!!!!
I had some dealings with him last year. He apparently was training to be an EMT in the Jessamine County or Fayette county area.
I would highly suggest calling around the County EMT systems to find out if this guy is on their payroll.
They will want to know if they have someone like this on their staff

cphilip
05-05-2004, 12:00 PM
Hey my dad went to through the same situtation at Palmers, but he was accused of mail fraud. What happened was, my dad sebt his gun back for some maintence on the internals, and instead of the mailman leaving the package in our mail box. He left it on our garage table. My dad thinking that we never got it, called Palmers and asked for a new gun. They sent it very fast and with a letter of apologies for the loss of their gun. But after almost 3 and half years the guns needed to be sent back. My dad then got an email from Palmers about mail fraud and all that. So he paid them what he owed and that was it. If this guy has it your body telling him about the authorities might make him jump to do his part.

At the risk of hijacking this thread...

I just gotta know. Am I following this correctly?

Your Dad sends marker to Palmer (pursuit shop? Glenn?) for some work.
Mail miss delivers it on its way back to your Dad.
So Palmer replaces it as they think its lost and so does your Dad at this moment
Then your Dad FINDS the missing one (at some point later).
Makes no knowledge of that find to Palmer after Palmer is out a marker.
Then sends the one that had been missing back to Palmer long time later
Palmer recognises it as the missing one (of course cause he had to replace it and he not happy now)
So Palmer then thinks this dude is ripping me off (and IS!!!)
So Palmer files charges against your Dad who then settles by paying he loss back to Palmer (and rightfully so but should have taken care of that LONG before this)

I got that right?
If so thats a testament to Glenns honesty and I doubt your Dad would want that posted... ;)

adam shannon
05-05-2004, 01:09 PM
back to the original thread. that pewter body is most likely the one silverfox stole from me over a year ago.

hes a snake and uses a mail box etc address so you cant track him down.

Timmee
05-05-2004, 01:32 PM
Here's a possible tip. When you next give that number a call, and if you're told that he's not home, inform whomever you talk to that if you don't hear back from the head of the household by a certain date/time, that you will inform the authorities that this guy has not held up his end of the transaction, and will press charges.

Also, make sure you keep ALL correspondance (sent and recieved), in case an investigation does need to be done.

APowers365
05-05-2004, 01:52 PM
I'm definitely tracking this a**hole down.

APowers365
05-05-2004, 02:05 PM
I called again today. A lady answered. She said John was at work. She didn't know when he would be back and that I could not have his work phone number. I also found out that he does not live at 119 Robin Road where I am calling. So it's probably his mother's house (she sounded old). I told her to tell him to send my stuff and that if he doesnt, me and several other people will be filling charges against him for mail fraud. She said she would tell him.

APowers365
05-05-2004, 03:43 PM
I called again to request his phone number. Doesn't make sense to keep calling a house he doesn't live at. His brother answered and asked who I was and stuff. Then I here his Mom yelling that she already talked to me and to tell me to stop calling. She then got on the phone. I asked her for his phone number but she would not give it to me. She then asked for my number, she said she'll give it to him to call me and then she hung up on me.

All you guys that have been ripped off by him please go here:
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=136470

knine, you're probably right. His mom said he was working a 24-hour shift but she didn't say doing what.

Thourne
05-05-2004, 07:01 PM
Hey man also talk to the people (moderators) through AO to get his IP number. Call his ISP to get his internet account shut down, and give it to the authorities and they can take get a definate location, phone #, and his real name (if he's been lying about that too) to further prosecute him. His whole family is in on this scam and they should all be prosecuted for accessory to interstate mail fraud (if that exists).

wobbles82
05-05-2004, 11:50 PM
Send an email to the Better Business Bureau, or file the complaint through your local police to theirs. I have been ripped off a few times, sometimes I was lucky enough to catch ahold of some 12 year old idiot whose dad found out and probably beat my check out of him, ive never stayed on the phone long enough to hear, lol. Anyways, the times parents havent caught onto their kids I used federal systems, and I got a court order all the way out to California. Investigations are free, and usually pretty quick, believe me, when somebody gets court notices in the mail, they realize its time to pay up.

TransMan
05-07-2004, 05:25 AM
Wow im in Wilmore about 10 mins away ill ask some people i know if they have heard of him. :cool:

RaTfreak
06-17-2004, 10:55 PM
in one of the posts it stated that he plays at Warzone paintball.

www.warzonepaintball.tk

contact them and ask about him.

They are really nice guys.

ojhspyro89
06-17-2004, 11:29 PM
that stuff just makes me mad for some reason, too cheap to buy your own stuff.

When i buy my own stuff, used or not, i kind of get pride. Its wierd cause i feel as though ive earned it so it means more to me. We should just get people to start calling that adress, until he sends you yur stuff. Im up for a bit of *67 calling!!!!!

BigDanTheBluegrassMan
07-05-2004, 10:27 PM
Hey, I don't know if this will be of ne help. I don't even know if this is the same guy. But if it is He is a truck puller. And from your discriptions He's just as cheating on the sled as he is in business! My reccomendation would be to check the Jesamine county fair. if he is on EMT them he will have to be there but if this is the same guy then he will probably be pulling in the Truck pulls. I pulled against a John Mackey a couple of times in Thunder Valley in Linclon County. He is a cheat. He also got busted and lost the prize money and everything. I live in Lancaster and will be pulling in the Linclon fair this week. And probably jesamine county fair when i get information on it. Just thought i'd let ya'll know what i know. it may be the same guy...then again it may not I don't know. I just know the name cause we have scrapped before.

Later all
Good Luck!
Shootem' all let god sortem out!!
YEEEEE HAW!!!

coolcatpete
07-05-2004, 11:23 PM
I love stories like this they keep you on the edge of your seat.

I hope you track him down and get your body that was probally stolen ion the first place.
Pete

OhMyAMoose
07-05-2004, 11:36 PM
This might work... use a different phone and a different person to call his house. Say that it is FBI or whatever following up on a mail fraud claim. Make up a bunch of stuff about having to returrn the money within X amount of days or they would have to press charges/$5,000 charge for mail fraud. If he thinks that the Feds are out to get him he might give your stuff back.

Jaremy Rykker
07-05-2004, 11:43 PM
Apowers, take this to the authorities now. His family is not here to help you. Seriously, you have informed them that he has comitted mail fraud (a felony, as all interstate crimes are), and they have been unhelpful and uncooperative. Give the police station a call right now with all the information you have, and they will definately check up with his mom, and provided they recognize the name, him as well. You need to nail this guy right now though, as he is not only a first time mail frauder, but he is repeat, and there is no reason on earth to let him continue to do it.

Nail this guy to the wall, get in contact with both the post office (as they will start an investigation) as well as his city's police office, and get them all on the case. This guy is in a hell of a lot of trouble with a felony crime, and he should pay up quickly.

Interstate crimes are felonies. For example, recently in my state, a truck from Idaho spilled in the pass and dropped its load of meat all over the side of the road. All sorts of people started taking his load, including a DOT vehicle that happened to drive by. Some bystander stood there taking pictures of the entire event. Needless to say, dozens of people became convicted felons shortly.

minimag03
07-05-2004, 11:54 PM
I'm in a bad situation right now with a guy in Suffolk VA right now. He has $500 of mine that he was suppose to give me for a bushy. Does anyone live around there? Can I call the cops and ask for help?

minimag03

durtysoufcraka
07-06-2004, 12:07 AM
dude start your own thread, that is surious just like this is. not many ppl will read this. but if you hvae a thread then you can at least get help on a larger scale. good luck. i live in SC. sorry.
-durty

APowers365
07-06-2004, 12:20 AM
Hey guys, I did get the body eventually. It took several phone calls, but I got it. He then PMed me cursing at me for calling his house, or his parents' house, or whoever's house it was. He made some excuse why he didn't send it and cursed at me some more.

Bolter
07-06-2004, 08:47 AM
lol, well you know the correct story!! Glad ya got it.

kurama
01-20-2005, 12:07 AM
I had a pending trade with him a day or so ago. I saw his feedback before, so I asked him to ship first. He said okay. I post that I will inspect his marker, gas it up, and fire it when I recieve it. If it works, I was to send him my marker+revvy. If it didn't, I was to ship it back. He then replied saying that he "sold and shipped it" although I've seen his threads on other forums for the same marker and nobody was pending trade. During a time he claimed to be at work (when I stated that he had horrible communication) he apparently shipped it, after UPS/USPS in his timezone closes. Unless he can teleport, I'm guessing he was going to send me a faulty marker and hope that I wouldn't inspect it before I sent mine. I also bet that in a month or so, he'll try to sell it again. I may be wrong, but this guy is very sketchy.

Those of you that got scammed by him, please press charges.

Enemy
01-20-2005, 03:01 AM
spread the word anyone wanting to trade with him to use a third party hell ill do it for free if you would like!!!! oh and im very trust worther use to work for the nlvpd before i got tired of working for free!!! just an idea.

UteMachine
01-20-2005, 03:28 AM
Everybody should steer clear of this sheister all together.

50 cal
01-20-2005, 09:02 AM
I got ripped by a guy in Michigan. Some AO'ers helped me get my RT body. He was pissed about it also.
This is a prime reason I only use third party now.