PDA

View Full Version : Are ACI expansion chambers any Good???

pwraudio1
10-05-2001, 11:29 AM
I have an 68 Automag. I was also wanted to do the ANS air valve package on the gun with a Dye Boomstick Barrel. Has anyone used thes parts and if so how are they???

Cha0tic
10-05-2001, 12:19 PM
welcome to the world of mags.

the stock internals are the best out there. do not buy aftermarket valve parts. They do not offer any advantage over the stock parts. some people have also had problems with shootdown using these parts.

the boomstick is a small bore barrel so don't use big bore paint with it...if i were you, i would get a dye aluminum. it is basically the same. it is all black and aluminum so it is lighter than the boomstick. and is medium bore.

all expansion chambers are pretty much the same. they come in 4 or 6 stage. i would go with the 6 stage if i were you. if you run compressed air, do not get an expansion chamber, you are better off gettin a foregrip or gas through foregrip instead.

DarkPhoenix
10-06-2001, 09:05 AM
If you do decide to get the ACI expansion chamber, check it out before you purchase it. At my friendly neighborhood paintball store, they recieved a couple with the upper chamber had no hole drilled out, making it a glorified fore grip. Though relatively simple to fix, make sure you have the store you are buying it from check it, then have them drill a small hole in it for you, if you still want it.