PDA

View Full Version : Stock E-Mag Barrel

Russ
10-05-2001, 12:20 PM
The Problem: My E-Mag's barrel measures .691", EXCEPT at the very tip where the chrome muzzle brake is swaged onto the barrel. There it measures .687". I would break paint just as it exited the barrel. Very odd.

NOTE: I measured the barrel (and all my barrels) with precision ground gauge pins, which come in sets in .001" increments. where I work we have them from .009" to 1.000"

The Solution: I carefully "Dremeled" and polished the tip of the barrel 'till a .691" gauge pin slid all the way through the barrel. It's shooting much better now, thank you.

Flamebo
10-05-2001, 12:44 PM
It sliced tons of balls on the muzzle break, but you can take care of it fairly easily.

Vil3
10-05-2001, 05:10 PM
stock e-mag barrel isn't that bad.. works for me nicely

slayer
10-05-2001, 08:16 PM
I am going to try and use my stock barrel tommorrow night. How do you remove the muzzle brake?

Potatoboy
10-05-2001, 08:19 PM
If I'm correct in thinking that the stock EMag barrel is the same as the stock RTPro barrel the front will just screw off. It may take a little work to get it loose, but it's just threaded on.

Russ
10-05-2001, 09:57 PM
Cool! I just discovered that my tip is threaded. A little heat to loosen up the red loc-Tite, and it easily unscrewed. Thanks for the tip. (pun intended ;) )

udtseal
10-06-2001, 05:24 AM
My E-mag is coming in today, do I have to worry about my barrel tip slicing balls?? I have access to measuring devices and dremels and metal working tools. Did you measure the inside of the chrome tip where the threads are or the other end? You just ran the dremel around the inner diameter to shave off some metal? Thanks for the info.

Russ
10-06-2001, 08:05 AM
The tip ID measures .717", the bore .691". The PB's should never have a problem hitting the muzzle brake. I also just shortened the barrel end so the muzzle brake fit flush against the barrel. Mine had a little (about 1/32") gap. What I'm trying to say is the muzzle brake wouldn't screw down far enough to butt against the shoulder on the barrel. I hope that makes it clearer. Do you need to do this? Naw, I'm just anal, and I like messin' around with my guns.

Good Luck with your new E-Mag. I'm VERY happy with mine. AGD rules :D

udtseal
10-06-2001, 08:52 AM
OHH I gotcha russ! :) Thanks for the info! :D