PDA

View Full Version : why is my electronic mag making this noise?

tmnothing
05-03-2004, 07:53 PM
(what would I do without this place!)

Ok I hooked up the mic on my notebook and I was going to see if I could measure how fast I am able to shoot with my x-mag. After I started recording I started to warm up and fired off a string and at the end I slowed down and took some time in between the shots and then all of a sudden *chuff*. If you listen to the wav you can hear it and then i think it happened again at the end of sound file. Now I have no idea why it would do this because... I had the marker in e-mode, the ace off, the vert breech on, freak barrel screwed in (no insert, and no detent in the breech. I have a fireblade trigger installed so I was walking the trigger but that shouldnt be the cause... The last thing that I can think of is the tank being low on air, which it is not I checked. What is causing this? Can anyone identify something wrong just hearing it? Click the link for the sound file that I recorded.

http://home.neo.rr.com/ak47/Xmag.mp3

athomas
05-04-2004, 01:26 PM
How many shots have you fired through your gun since you changed your bolt spring? It is possible that the bolt spring is worn out. It will chuff like that if it is weakened/worn out.

tmnothing
05-05-2004, 05:01 PM
The spring is brand new I just switched from the short spring to the red spring.