PDA

View Full Version : trigger sticking

maglover728
05-03-2004, 09:27 PM
I have posted this question once before and the only suggestion that came up was to smack the back of the valve when it happens. This does not work well while sucking bunker in a fire fight.
The problem is that every now and then the ult on off will just not reset the trigger. If I stop and take the air off, the trigger will reset. Also if I sit there and bang on the back of the gun, eventually it will fix it's self but...
What can I do to make the gun work correctly every time? I must fix this. I preach the love of agd to everyone who will listen only to be caught with my figurative pants down at least once a game. This must be fixed.
Please help me spred the mag love!

Mag Master 04
05-03-2004, 09:42 PM
well it sounds like you are short stroking and there isnt enough force to push yur bolt back... either take out some shims in yur ULT, Your LX carrior may be too tight, your velocity might be too low(i had problems with my ULT indoors in the winter cuz velocity was like 250 fps) input pressure may be too low... install a trigger stop on yur frame to help with short stroking. thats all i can think of at the moment
OH and LUBE THE CRAP OUT OF THAT ULT!

misenhei
05-04-2004, 08:53 AM
i ran into this same problem, a couple of things can cause the bolt to not reset fully. i dealt with this for a while, luckily i had a pro-connect running from gas-through to valve, so i'd pop off and back on - but like you said, you shouldn't have to deal with it.

sounds like your LX carrier's too tight, it should be loosest carrier without leaking. if it's happening when you shoot, you may not have enough shims in it (when you chuff, it doesn't reset fully).

assuming you have enough air (one tank is MORE than enough), i'd recommend starting with one of the larger carriers (largest if you have the patience to be thorough), and NO shims. it's going to leak. drop in the next smallest. keep going until you have no leak. once that's done, shoot with an obstruction in the breach (squeegie works great), and add shims until it resets after hitting it. then you should be ready to rock!

thanks to everyone who posted in the LX and ULT threads that helped me get through this!

athomas
05-04-2004, 01:13 PM
Yes, definately move to a larger carrier if possible. You may also have to remove a ULT shim if that doesn't solve your problem.