PDA

View Full Version : Ao'ers for D-day?

Doobie
05-03-2004, 09:28 PM
First, I put this in Talk because of the traffic. I know that "technically" it belongs in scenario. ;)
Anyway...Trina and I are going to D-day in Okalhoma this year. Anyone else going?
BTW...here is a LINK (http://www.oklahomadday.com/)

We will be allies! :D

Mango
05-04-2004, 05:36 AM
I know of a few people who are going ;) ;)

Tiberius
05-04-2004, 10:50 AM
Il be there. Plus like 7 other people I know. 82nd gonna kick some @$$ this year. Note: dont be 1st division. :D

Tiberius
05-04-2004, 10:52 AM
Were going to take down those German schwangerschafts once and for all. And yes schwangerschaft is a word :p beware the deception. I had a post about d-day few weeks back it tells about the Germans and their cheating ways.

Gabriel
05-04-2004, 10:57 AM
Were going to take down those German schwangerschafts once and for all. And yes schwangerschaft is a word :p beware the deception. I had a post about d-day few weeks back it tells about the Germans and their cheating ways.

Yes, schwangershcaft is a word, but it means 'pregnancy'.
Es ist gut zweisprachisch zu sein.

Gabe

painball
05-04-2004, 11:29 AM
I have been thinking about going. I have family that lives very close to The Bunker. :) But I currently cannot find any friends that wanna go with me. :(

Tiberius
05-04-2004, 11:42 AM
Lol was waiting for someone who spoke German to catch that word :rolleyes: Lol was even thinking of making it a battlecry but there might be mass confusion :confused:

Tiberius
05-04-2004, 11:46 AM
BTW who needs friends to go to D-day anyway? Only friend you need is ur marker and a case of paint :cool: If unconditional love isnt ur thing there will be 8,000 other people there to make friends with. :eek: Maybe il see ya there or in combat :p

Tiberius
05-04-2004, 11:54 AM
I also hope to see The Almighty there. Thats right the big man himself, Tom Kaye. BTW loved it when u single handedly charged up Omaha beach with ur Minimags. Wish they wouldnt have captured you lol. I would have taken a paintball for u! :D BTW what happened to the second boat with ur bodyguards on it from my view across the beach I couldnt tell because of all that smoke. :rolleyes:

Tiberius
05-04-2004, 11:57 AM
Woh Painball ur from Kansas?! I thought I was the only one :rolleyes: Where do ya hail from?

Tiberius
05-04-2004, 12:05 PM
D-day 2003 (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=133825) Here was my first post on D-day. I suggest reading it before you go to D-day. If ur cool with what might happen then definately go tis a blast :cool:

ghed
05-04-2004, 03:52 PM
This will be my first D-day and I will be defending the fatherland! More specifically Ghost/Normandy Village :D

Sir Chopsalot
05-04-2004, 04:13 PM
my dad, my brother and i are going. we are german atlantic wall, we were first divison last year and nooooo way am i falling into that trap again. shooting from a comfortable bunker sounds like more fun than getting nailed 50 times and running up and down a hill for afew hours.

Brophog
05-04-2004, 06:22 PM
The entire "re-creation" part of DDAY is that Atlantic Wall, but there is no way you're getting me into that melee. I'd rather move around and pick my battles, instead of sitting in a wooden boat counting scars.

But there are some changes to that portion of the scenario. All 4 boats will fill now, instead of just using 1 landing craft. This means that about 100 people will be charging that hill at any one time. Plus, they are securing the deadzone for the allies with netting so that you're not getting pelted while you wait for reinsertion.

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
05-04-2004, 06:24 PM
I'm going, but I have been lazy and havent signed up yet, lol.

50 cal
05-04-2004, 06:47 PM
I am thinking vewry seriously about taking my twin boys and playing D Day. Will know for sure by mid month.

Doobie
05-04-2004, 06:57 PM
I am thinking vewry seriously about taking my twin boys and playing D Day. Will know for sure by mid month.

That is cool...but don't think too long! The reistration jumps to $100 after May 15! :eek:
Trina and I will probably be 101st. i wonder why? :rolleyes:

I know Tom, Clare and Havok are going. I'm guessing Mango is too :)
Maybe we should form some sort of AO Shock troops under the AO Banner!
Once the game gets rolling, it's difficult to stay in a large group. Make sure you all bring FRS radios. They are great for finding eachother.

BTW...we are camping. That's the best way to do D-day. Who else is camping and when are you getting there? First person there may be able to secure an area for all of us. We won't get there until friday. Anyone?

Mango
05-04-2004, 07:24 PM
I initially thought that Newt and I would be attending, but that is not the case. Flights there are WAY too expensive. :( :(

shivors
05-04-2004, 07:35 PM
Not sure if I am considered an AO'er but...

My brother, two friends, and myself are going. One of our friends just dropped 35k on a fifth wheel and we will be using it. Just look for this guy...

http://www.sfssquad.com/images/temp/pball_shivors.jpg

(only pic I have)

cabldawg
05-04-2004, 07:38 PM
Tiberius those were not mini mags those are sydarms he is charging the beach with

shivors
05-04-2004, 08:08 PM
Hey Dale!

'

'

MidnightRider
05-04-2004, 08:11 PM
Two of us are headed that way too. First time for both of us.

Shivers:
When are you leaving and what route are you taking. Maybe we can caravan down.

Peace

MR

shivors
05-04-2004, 08:18 PM
We are leaving on Thursday and returning on Monday. Looks like we are sticking to this:

http://www.sfssquad.com/images/temp/trip.gif

We are taking two F350's with crew cabs and a fifth wheel. None of which is mine so I am just a passenger...with a PDA and a laptop.

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
05-04-2004, 08:34 PM
We will be the germans with the campsite gaurded by a big white cannon, possibly two.

MidnightRider
05-04-2004, 08:35 PM
Shivors:
Thats cool. We are planning on leaveing on Monday or Tuesday. So hopefully we can hook up once we are down there.

Cya there

MR.

shivors
05-04-2004, 09:01 PM
Damned skippy! Look for the big guy will a Killians in his hand.

We decided not to go for the week because I am married and would never get the cookie again if I dropped 900 bucks on paintball. Already looking at 600+.

MidnightRider
05-04-2004, 09:08 PM
Damned skippy! Look for the big guy will a Killians in his hand.

We decided not to go for the week because I am married and would never get the cookie again if I dropped 900 bucks on paintball. Already looking at 600+.

Actually I am looking for some papers this week saying that I would be free again. I figure going to this is just what the doctor ordered after the years of putting up with her complaining that I spent to much time and money on paintball. :rolleyes: Oh well, live and learn. :D

Catch you on the playing field.

MR

Trina
05-04-2004, 09:27 PM
YAAAAAA!!!! I'm so excited!! Can't wait to meet everyone and of course hang out with those I already know! If you haven't been....it's an AWESOME time!!!! Doobie and I have been twice already and are still coming back for more!! :D

LOL...BTW, why don't you just give her the same amount of money and tell her to go on a shopping spree!! It worked for Doobie every time, BEFORE I started playing pball....LOL!! ;)

shivors
05-04-2004, 09:49 PM
I could not, in good conscience, give my wife 600$ to blow on a frivolous shopping spree.

That is a basic mag setup for goodness sake!

Tiberius
05-04-2004, 10:07 PM
Ya anyone who is Germans will get a lot of flak from last years d-dayers. Atleast there attempting to be more prepared and controlled this year. Note: DO NOT WAIT TO FILL UP OR CHRONO YOUR MARKERS. Everyone waits until like a day or so before it starts and winds up having some huge lines. Also you Germans try to make up for the way ur team cheated last year with alitte fair play this time. ;) I dont want Germans bastardizing the sport 2 years in a row.

Trina
05-04-2004, 10:10 PM
LOL Shivors...she is thinking the opposite... ;)

Tiberius
05-04-2004, 10:11 PM
BTW u atlantic wallers best watch out me and the 82nd will get u from behind and u can count on some bonus balling lol :D

adam_61550
05-05-2004, 04:35 AM
The more I hear about the Atlantic Wall, the more I wanna change my preference from St. Lo.

Don't think I could turn my back on St. Lo though. It's kind of an underrated part of the game. If you're a German, you basically sit and wait for an hour and a half all the while listening to the Allies hootin' and hollerin' and carrying on a few miles away, slowly getting closer every minute. The Allies didn't stand a chance....

Tiberius
05-05-2004, 03:10 PM
Its ok you can stop pretending now ;)

painball
05-05-2004, 04:53 PM
Woh Painball ur from Kansas?!
Reppin from south-east kansas. :)

Tiberius
05-05-2004, 10:20 PM
What town in Kansas?

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
05-05-2004, 10:28 PM
just sent my registration in....finally

painball
05-05-2004, 10:32 PM
What town in Kansas?
Parsons :)

Tiberius
05-05-2004, 10:40 PM
Im from Lindsborg. Sorta next to the town of Salina. If u ever get any legal trouble find my Dad hes on the Supreme court in Kansas ;) Are there any fields in Topeka u know of?

painball
05-05-2004, 11:00 PM
Nah. I live a good 2-3 hour drive away from Topeka.

Brophog
05-05-2004, 11:53 PM
There are no fields in Topeka to my knowledge. Dropzone's field is south of Topeka off of Hiway 56. There is a new field up by Perry Lake, east of town.

Doobie
05-06-2004, 05:04 AM
http://ascendancy.net/tribalwar/hijacked.jpg

Can we please get back to D-day? Pm's people...PM's! :D

Evil Preacher
05-06-2004, 09:46 AM
I will be there. My plans are to be at the field sometime on Wed. I will be running with the 82nd and from what I have heard, it is going to be a blast.

See you all there

Tiberius
05-06-2004, 09:52 AM
Ya 82nd is where its at. Il be fighting along side against the germans :D

Clare
05-11-2004, 03:13 AM
I found this pic from last year's event on their site

http://www.oklahomadday.com/files/images/2004pics/Dipics/Di/images/Dcp_1755.jpg talk about a smirk!

oh yeah, I'll be there.. :p

Doobie
05-11-2004, 07:00 PM
So Clare, are we down for Tom's personal body guard or are we gonna create icky forrest 2 ?

I for one, will not nap on the field like SOME people we know. And if the last Shatner event is any indication, Tom does like to mix it up a bit :D

Evil Preacher
05-11-2004, 07:17 PM
This isnt confirmed yet, but I believe that Tom will be leading the Allied tanks this year. I dont know if that is true or not, but just in case, try hooking up with the 82nd.

Preacher

shivors
05-11-2004, 07:43 PM
LOL...last year at Shatnerball II we just found the enemy and all hell broke loose. Basically there was about a case of paint in the air for about 2 min straight and both sides had hunkered down with little movement.

Next thing I know some nut wearing a copps911 vest yells something to the affect of "MOVE YOUR ASSES" as he charged full on into their line.

As it turns out it was Tom, our general, and he rallied the troops in a heartbeat. I laughed my *** off...well...until I got shot in the neck anyway. :( Mommy it hurts.

Trina
05-11-2004, 10:08 PM
Yaaaa!!! Clare's gonna be there!! :D

Doobie
05-11-2004, 10:57 PM
Just joined up with the 82nd. I could not get a response back from Spiro of Black Cat to get with the 101st :mad: They really did not work that out well did they? Now I can't play with the group I REALLY belong to. Well, once the game starts, they can't control who I play with now can they. As history reminds me...there were mis-drops all over the place that night and 82nd soldiers and 101st soldiers formed mixed units...hmmmm.

Now, of course, if Evil Preacher wants to give me a Platoon or a squad to run...that may be different. ;) That's the area I'm good at! :D

OhMyAMoose
05-12-2004, 12:31 AM
Parsons :)
PARSONS??!?!?!?! Crap! My dad is from there!!!! My grandparents, along with a 2 aunts and uncles, still live there. WOW! We are the Feess family... I doubt you heard of us but I will give it a try.

Ohh yeah... I am going to the game too. I am on the German side. This will be my first year and I am really excited. What all should I bring/what should I know before going?

Clare
05-12-2004, 12:51 AM
So Clare, are we down for Tom's personal body guard or are we gonna create icky forrest 2 ?

I'm guessing my day would start off as being part of Tom's personal body guard group and then it would start shifting towards Icky Forest mentality as the day progressed. :p

Yaaaa!!! Clare's gonna be there!!

Yay! I get to corrupt...I mean, hangout with Trina some more! :D