PDA

View Full Version : Accuracy

AnArchist_1944
05-03-2004, 10:30 PM
Iam new to Mags so iam just wondering whats the accuracy like is it commparable to anything just looking for some info so i know what to expect outta my new mag.

goddom
05-03-2004, 10:46 PM
Its well enough. I am happy, but I think you might be opening a can of worms with this thread. The age old 'mag vs 'cocker debate.

Dayspring
05-03-2004, 11:33 PM
Accuracy is a mix of several factors

paint to barrel match
consistent air source
Quality paint

after that, the stability of the person holding the gun and the kick come into play. (Kick has alot to do with the moving mass of a gun)

Boltboy
05-04-2004, 09:19 AM
Accuracy is a mix of several factors

paint to barrel match
consistent air source
Quality paint

after that, the stability of the person holding the gun and the kick come into play. (Kick has alot to do with the moving mass of a gun)

best answer your going to get.

jwalker87
05-04-2004, 10:22 AM
get a barrel kit and your accuracy will be near perfect on any gun. I could hit a pole from 40ft away with my Spyder and a Freak kit.

Just a question, but is there any way to decrease the kick on mags? I have a lvl 10 bolt with ReTro valve, and one of the first things I noticed was it has more kick than my Spyder.

ZapTheMad
05-04-2004, 10:29 AM
Accuracy is not really dependent on the gun itself. Most of it is paint/barrel match. You can't really say that one gun is batter than another based on accuracy because you can get just about any barrel for any gun. Paint comes in different sizes and finding the right size bore for the paint you are using is the key.

Consistency is related to accuracy, but they are not the same. The more consistent your gun is, the more accurate you will be able to shoot it. One of the nice things about mags is that they are very consistent. A good running mag will only have small variations in velocity with quality paint in a properly matched barrel. The regulator is what makes your gun consistent. It makes sure the pressure is the same for every shot you fire. Fluctuations in pressure are what makes an inconsistent gun.

50 cal
05-04-2004, 06:49 PM
All guns are basically in the same ball park accuracy wise. Face it, you're shooting a glorified water balloon.