PDA

View Full Version : does this guy know what he's talking about?

goddom
05-03-2004, 10:51 PM
I was looking on Ebay and this guy was selling an 68 classic and he says it has

"I have installed an expansion chamber on the gun and a complete bottom line system for the gun. This gun does not come standard with these parts. The hoses on the bottom line system are anti-siphon hoses so that liquid from the CO2 will not damage the gun."

Anti-siphon hoses huh? Is it just me or are there no such thing as anti-siphon hoses?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=47252&item=3674742990&rd=1

SteelSoul
05-03-2004, 10:55 PM
He is talking about inside a co2 tank
You see back in the day they would pull the pin valve and weld a tube angled just so. That way you were supposed to only get the gas not the liquid.

Hope that helps

Also he is talking about a Mag set-up for running c02

goddom
05-03-2004, 10:56 PM
Look at the post man, he says you don't need an anti-siphon tank because the tubes are anti siphon.

"They also suggest that you use an anti-siphon tank, but since there are anti-siphon hoses installed you do not need to get an anti-siphon tank."

See :-)

-=Squid=-
05-03-2004, 11:00 PM
There is no expansion chamber, all it is is a gas thru and regular macroline...

soccer4minimags
05-03-2004, 11:00 PM
he must be talking about the tank. Who knows but like they've said that hose is regular macroline, it won't do jack for co2.
But you can in a way get your hoses to work like an anti syphon. He however is not running his hoses this way. If you get like really long SS hose and loop it many times it will keep the liquid from traveling through the loop and reaching the valve. This has some problems, such as it only works when the gun is level. Old school mags used to be run like this before ex chambers were as cheap as they are now. This was a cheap alternative.

Konigballer
05-03-2004, 11:01 PM
never heard of those, if they existed, why would you run expansion chambers and remotes to keep the liquid out of a classic valve to begin with?

RtDaNiMaL
05-03-2004, 11:11 PM
that guy doesnt really no wut he is saying, because all it is is 2 elbows (90's) and a macroline which costs about 6 dollars total. he has a gas through grip and that is all.

SpecialBlend2786
05-03-2004, 11:40 PM
That looks pretty bone stock to me.
Still a decent deal though, in my opinion.

tribalman
05-04-2004, 12:23 AM
"The guns come standard with a vertical CO2 adapter." um...i didn't think any AGD product comes with a verical adapter, for co2 or otherwise.

"included is a 12 inch barrel from all the way in the front to all the way in the back of the barrel." i guess logic has escaped him.

"The regular calssic 68 Trigger was upgraded to a very nice 45 style trigger frame that does not come with the Classic 68 and is only on the MiniMag." aren't these 2 toatly different body styles? are they interchangeable?

SpecialBlend2786
05-04-2004, 12:27 AM
"The guns come standard with a vertical CO2 adapter." um...i didn't think any AGD product comes with a verical adapter, for co2 or otherwise.

A vertical ASA for CO2 comes stock with Minimags :)

cphilip
05-04-2004, 07:13 AM
The vert ASA was for whatever pressure scource you wanted to use though. Not specific to one thing or another but it did come stock on Mini Mags and not on classics. That is a Power Feed body though.

The barrel looks like an SP All American

The grip frame is a stock carbon fiber and IS stock trigger in it but with the good upgraded rubber grips on it.

He's a bit confused on quite a few things though. In other words...what you see is what you get!