PDA

View Full Version : foregrip questions

Scherdy
05-03-2004, 11:40 PM
As someone looking into and eventually TRYING to pick out a setup for a RT Custom ULE bodied mag (which is easier said than done) I have a few questions about the foregrip.

Does any gas-thru foregrip that screws into a standard asa work? Or do I need to find one that attaches a particular way (ie dovedail or screw-on). I'm not a big fan of the bicycle foregrip and am looking for alternatives.

I've seen people with the dye foregrips that are wrapped in foam near the top, as well as custom products foregrips that are black near the top and the color of the marker on the bottom half. To set these up so they are 15 degrees forward do I need an adapter or special part? I'm not sure where to get these if I do. (Found the answer to this, thanks!)

Also, not having experience with mags, and not knowing anyone in my area that sells or owns one it's hard to pick out a purchase. Any suggestions on setup that would be good for all around play (swiss army knife style)?

I'm loving all the choices I have with this marker from body, to trigger frame and valve color, but jeez, at Baskin Robbins it takes me forever to pick a flavor, and all that involves is a type of ice crem and a cone!!

SpecialBlend2786
05-03-2004, 11:46 PM
Welcome to AO!

You can pretty much use any grip that screws into a vertical ASA with your RT. This includes the Dye grips, and the CP's I believe. The 15* ASA is sold by Doc Nickle. Check him out at www.docsmachine.com

Personally, I use a Dye comfort grip (the one with the foam) attached to a Roguerail. I love the Roguerails because they feature a slot which allows you to adjust the position of your grip. This way, you can have the grip extremely forward (using the for-grip extendor that comes with the RT), or right up close to the trigger frame (like the Minimag). Look up RogueFactor in the dealers forum.

Scherdy
05-03-2004, 11:56 PM
Welcome to AO!

The 15* ASA is sold by Doc Nickle. Check him out at www.docsmachine.com

Yeah, I just figured this out after posting that question. For some reason I could only think 15* ASA was for the bottom of the grip frame and bent the tank down or up 15* from horizontal....good thinking eh? :confused:

Anyhow, thanks for the feedback, I think I get it now. Finally.

I think the hardest part is that all these people selling custom R/t's have such great parts that I want to mix and match and can't pick one guy to go with! (That and the deadly wind hAir trigger everyone is talking about makes me want to save my money on Intelli or Y and go single). Any suggestions on what trigger frame upgrade would be MOST different from the hAir so I would end up with two cool, but not redundant trigger frames? (Vert frames apply as well here as possibilities).

Thanks!

SpecialBlend2786
05-03-2004, 11:59 PM
Look into the hyperframes, or the Devilmag upgrade (adds an electric trigger and eyes)

Personally, I'd wait awhile. NiCad (of deadly wind) isn't the only one who's cooking up upgrades :)