PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of my trix?

05-04-2004, 10:59 AM
I think it's still ugly... :mad: dunno why all trixes seem ugly to me.
Haven't shot it in a game yet... but with Tadao v.4, debounce 1, and springless trigger it got to be rippin' :P

Loud Tim
05-04-2004, 11:28 AM
throw some stickers on there and pimp it out
it does look a little plain. but thats just my opinion.

Cryer
05-04-2004, 11:28 AM
Personally, I'm not a fan of the vert frame options available for the Matrix. Cosmetically, the Angel space frames are the only vert frames I like...

05-04-2004, 11:32 AM
Personally, I'm not a fan of the vert frame options available for the Matrix. Cosmetically, the Angel space frames are the only vert frames I like...

I know, well but I feel comfortable only when using vert frames and no drop with 68ci tank... I guess it's form follows function?

Stickers? I'll think about that - maybe a good idea, I'm not a fan of stickers though.

TheTramp
05-04-2004, 11:33 AM
Well it sounds like you've got it set up to be illegal as hell and it does look pretty plain... ;)

Fix up that trigger and I'm sure it'll be really nice. The sticker option sounds like it might work too. :)

Cryer
05-04-2004, 11:37 AM
I know, well but I feel comfortable only when using vert frames and no drop with 68ci tank... I guess it's form follows function?
Function first, right. But, I thought that I've seen trixes with angel frames before? Maybe I'm wrong. :confused:

Stickers? I'll think about that - maybe a good idea, I'm not a fan of stickers though.
I'm not a fan of stickers, either, but a matrix would be the only gun I'd put them on. That huge profile is like a billboard, if you leave it blank, it almost looks akward...

Just put a nice Dye sticker there... like one of these:
http://www.dyeprecision.com/images/promo/stickers/WIREY.gif http://www.dyeprecision.com/images/promo/stickers/COMB.gif
http://www.dyeprecision.com/images/promo/stickers/CAGEDSTICK.gif
http://www.dyeprecision.com/images/promo/stickers/03STICKERS2.gif

Snertz
05-04-2004, 11:42 AM
is it me or does it look a lot like an old school shocker.. Brick?

Yea, get some stickers or something on that thing!

chairman_mao
05-04-2004, 12:51 PM
I like it. It's very bauhaus and utilitarian looking. If you like the way it feels and shoots who cares if it looks plain.

TraXeR
05-04-2004, 01:24 PM
It's way to plain, ill admit that. The frame just looks ugly on trixes IMO. Maybe a new anno? I'd say go back to a 45 frame and get a milling job and a new anno. Then it will look sick as hell. Seems you're worried about looks, so I'd say also get some grips custom made and maybe a few stickers on your hopper to add some pizzaz. Stickers on guns IMO are out of place, makes the gun look to cheesy, but there are a few exceptions, such as a 'LX inside' sticker on the breech of a mag.

But if it handels nicely, and shoots sweet, just use it. People don't laugh about looks when they just got gogged off the break.

05-04-2004, 06:47 PM
It's way to plain, ill admit that. The frame just looks ugly on trixes IMO. Maybe a new anno? I'd say go back to a 45 frame and get a milling job and a new anno. Then it will look sick as hell. Seems you're worried about looks, so I'd say also get some grips custom made and maybe a few stickers on your hopper to add some pizzaz. Stickers on guns IMO are out of place, makes the gun look to cheesy, but there are a few exceptions, such as a 'LX inside' sticker on the breech of a mag.

But if it handels nicely, and shoots sweet, just use it. People don't laugh about looks when they just got gogged off the break.

I sold my 45 frame and the old board heh... I like vert frames better...
Maybe a different angle picture will be better..

68magOwner
05-04-2004, 06:54 PM
i'd pimp it, but mabey just because i have an odd craving for trix right now...hmm, i had a craving for cockers once...yeeea, till i got one. watever, im playing wiht a trix on saturday, mabey ill decide to get one.

Digits
05-04-2004, 06:55 PM

I ditto that.. But other then that I really like it.

You will like your Tadeo.. Make sure it's put on halo settings.. Those boards friggen rip things apart.

05-04-2004, 06:59 PM
Well the only reason I got this trix is because of hookups... I mean, $600 for a brand new DYE LCD trix? :p

I don't like trixes from the start... although that may change soon... but they're all ugly IMO.

If you notice I have everything on my trix upgraded except the breech and reg (reg is very good.. why change? It's a sidewinder rip off)
- Evolve Bolt Kit
- ND Volumizers
- ND ASA
- DYE Backplate
- DYE Sight Rail
- Tadao v.4
- Evolve Vert Frame
- Evil Pipe Kit
- Shocktech "Drop"
- Clamping Feed

For the price of a DM4 it rips better than them... much better! :D
But the looks is just ugly. Oh well...

Chipper
05-04-2004, 07:01 PM
Check out Q-Loaders, they would look friggin tight on that gun. And you might either:

A. Anno the barrel and trigger to match the body or

B. Get the body annoed to look like the trigger and barrel.

FreakBaller12
05-04-2004, 07:02 PM
is it jsut me or is that feedback hella close to the barrel and up on the gun?
I dont know, maybe it's just me cuz i've never looked at trixes.

Digits
05-04-2004, 07:07 PM
Well the only reason I got this trix is because of hookups... I mean, $600 for a brand new DYE LCD trix? :p

I don't like trixes from the start... although that may change soon... but they're all ugly IMO.

If you notice I have everything on my trix upgraded except the breech and reg (reg is very good.. why change? It's a sidewinder rip off)
- Evolve Bolt Kit
- ND Volumizers
- ND ASA
- DYE Backplate
- DYE Sight Rail
- Tadao v.4
- Evolve Vert Frame
- Evil Pipe Kit
- Shocktech "Drop"
- Clamping Feed

For the price of a DM4 it rips better than them... much better! :D
But the looks is just ugly. Oh well...

The only thing I think is ugly on it is the vert frame??

BUT $600 FOR ALL THAT?? YOU got one hell of a deal..

Believe me.. on the field you will love the matrix to death.. Especially with a halo :)

And a PIPE KIT TOO?? MY god.. I would be in heavon.. Pipe kits are the best barrels IMO.. You never have to work about break after break unless you are using way to small of a bore..

You will like your gun.. Unless your kind of smaller then it might get heavy.. But other than that i can't see ya hating it.. You will prolly go threw more paint though to lol..

05-04-2004, 07:14 PM
is it jsut me or is that feedback hella close to the barrel and up on the gun?
I dont know, maybe it's just me cuz i've never looked at trixes.

Yea.. if you take a look at their breech design you will notice how it sits... that's another good point of trixes - their barrel thread can be changed.

And.. Q-Loader? wow.. never thought that... maybe you're right... I'm getting one, NOW! :D

The barrel is black to clear fade which looks good without barrel condom...

Do you think a black breech will look better?

And lol no $600 just for gun - think about it, I sold the Image bolt kit, frame, and brand new board... that nets me like $450 for gun only...(no upgrades)

showing barrel without condom - it looks better.

steveo356
05-04-2004, 08:39 PM
well u could get it annoed n lazer engraved n make it a 1 of a kind electronic brick if i ever get a elec no offense id go shocker but trixesa are right up there n congrats

tyrion2323
05-05-2004, 02:53 AM
If you're worried about its aesthetics, why not get it milled? There are plenty of places that can mill it for you.

Think of an original design that you like, and spend the money for a new milling and anodizing job.

Just a thought.... Why get rid of something if it performs perfectly? Don't feed into the Gun Whore clique...!

phantomhitman
05-05-2004, 07:21 AM
nice gun man, vert frame looks weird on it though. I love the feel of the vert frames as well as the looks, but that is just me. as long as it looks and feels right to you then nothing else matters.