PDA

View Full Version : Ebay problems

skife
05-04-2004, 02:39 PM
Well, i recieved this message from the guy buying my friends NIB ss freak back for a cocker.

"Dear dennis_40,

hey dennis just wanted to let you know that im not going to pay. i would appriciate if you will leave me positive feedback though. if you dont i will leave you f******* negative in 3 days...... do you want that on your account dennis???? take some time and think aobut it.....

To view the item, go to: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3674791681

Thank you,
fsunoles5589 "

then a few days later i recieved this one
"Uhh I don’t think your hearing me bobby. What I said was that you better leave me positive feedback in the next few days or else I will leave you negative.

Thanks,

Adam"

So what i did was reported them to ebay...
anything else i can do to get rid of this, its horriable people trying to extort feedback.

FutureMagOwner
05-04-2004, 02:47 PM
man that is incredibly lame tell him to screw off and if ebay doesnt do anything about it with the report and he drops a negative on you get in contact with ebay in everyway possible and if they still dont do anything put a reply comment with a url to a website with screen shots of proof that he tried to black mail you

Thermus
05-04-2004, 02:52 PM
Wow. Thats SMURFING unbelievable. Leave him bad feedback, and contact ebay. Call them right away about it.

Say something like "Tried to blackmail me to give him positive feedback. Avoid at all costs."

Hopefully ebay will suspend his account if you give them proof.

Let's watch the cussing shall we?

shivors
05-04-2004, 04:09 PM
Club him lika baby seal.

Muzikman
05-04-2004, 06:16 PM
Report him first. Leave him negative feedback stating exactly what he has done and sit back. When and if he does it to you, reply to it so that anyone reading your feedback understands.

Blennidae
05-04-2004, 10:49 PM
If he hasn't paid, and does not plan on it, he is in violation of ebay policy. I think your emails prove that. Looking at his feedback, it looks like he might have done this before:

" Avoid this JERK like the PLAGUE! No Payment! Seller mulemauler( 1494) Jul-23-03 15:15 3336287543
Reply by fsunoles5589: This remark is way out of line! I never refused to pay! Jul-23-03 18:27 "

Let ebay sort it out.

Paintball_4_Fun
05-04-2004, 11:02 PM
get his contact info from e-bay thne call him on the phone and him if he would like his home address and phone number posted in the gay dating boards? :D
then post it in the gay forums any way :eek:
hahaah.

Also look at his feedback left for others.
No mater what you do he is going to neg you. :(

i like how he bought most of his feedback.
http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws1/eBayISAPI.dll?MfcISAPICommand=ViewBidItems&userid=fsunoles5589&completed=1&sort=3&all=0&rows=25

SpecialBlend2786
05-04-2004, 11:16 PM
That is incredibly lame. I hope he gets what he deserves. Good luck!

Magglerock
05-04-2004, 11:33 PM
Advize him that your father is an attorney and let him know that if he does not pay, you will retrieve his personal information under court-order from Ebay and sue him in small claims court. Let him know that, given the releases that one must agree to in order to become a member of Ebay, he has NO chance of successfully defending any case brought against him. Let him know that you will seek punitve damages that will cost him multiples of the origonal purchase price, not to mention the troule of going to court. Should he not appear before the court, he will be committing a criminal offense and a warrent will be issued for his arest. As him if he would like to spend a night in jail and tell him to "take some time and think about it....".

Magglerock
05-04-2004, 11:44 PM
I already contacted him and let him know of his obligation. Scumbags like this really upset me. Hopefuly, it will do some good. If not, I suggest that all AO members who are also members of Ebay take a moment and send this punk a little message stating your displeasure. Let him know that, in the future, should he ever try to use Ebay to sell anything, we will muck it up.

ZapTheMad
05-04-2004, 11:46 PM
Wow... I would definitely file a complaint with ebay.

If you look at his recent purchases, he is only buying 1 penny items lol.

I also added that buyer to my blocked bidder list :)

Evil Preacher
05-05-2004, 12:44 PM
Plus look at what he is bidding on. Stuff he can get for a penny.

emanjamin
05-05-2004, 01:12 PM
Well, after looking at his Ebay name, I noticed that the beginning was fsu...Well that is Ferris State University, he lives in Cedar Springs which is exit 104 on US-131 in Michigan. Nice little exit, has a jerky store there with awesome honey bbq jerky, even though it is expensive at 15.99/lb, but I am getting off track.
I go to Ferris State too, I can get his campus phone number if you want to talk to him. Or if you want I can just go over there and twist his arm too. Tell me thy bidding....

Crighton
05-05-2004, 02:00 PM
BTW that situation is specifically mentioned as one of the only reasons EBAY will removed feedback from a users profile. Report him ASAP, Report the feedback he leaves. And inform the jerk of your actions and the TOS facts.

"Participating in an eBay transaction with the intent of leaving feedback as part of a campaign to harass one or more members. "

"Feedback left by a member who bid on or purchased an item solely to have the opportunity to leave negative feedback for the seller, with no intention of completing the transaction. "

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/feedback-removal.html

skife
05-05-2004, 02:48 PM
how do you know he lives in cedar springs?

i live in cedar springs, i could make a house call if needed.

NukeGoose
05-05-2004, 02:52 PM
Well, after looking at his Ebay name, I noticed that the beginning was fsu...Well that is Ferris State University, he lives in Cedar Springs which is exit 104 on US-131 in Michigan. Nice little exit, has a jerky store there with awesome honey bbq jerky, even though it is expensive at 15.99/lb, but I am getting off track.
I go to Ferris State too, I can get his campus phone number if you want to talk to him. Or if you want I can just go over there and twist his arm too. Tell me thy bidding....
I'd guess that, as it is fsunoles, it's for Florida State and the Seminoles.

skife
05-05-2004, 03:05 PM
mmkay update on the situation, I still havn't recieved payment (suprise, suprise) But I think i figured out his real name, his email address is
rthomasb@swbell.net and the name came in on it as "roger"
so i figured his name was roger thomas b. somthing soo, doot doo i punch in his ebay user name in google (fsunoles5589) and it gives me this page, http://www.bikepics.com/members/fsunoles5589/
it leads me to belive that his name is "roger thomas boyd"

but i can't find anything on him in texas... sad isn't it?
i'll get him back though

Magglerock
05-05-2004, 05:14 PM
His name is not short for "Feris State", its "Florida State", as mentioned by another poster. Why? Because the second half of his name is "noles", as in "Seminoles", the FSU mascot. Check Florida (Talahasse).

spadge67
05-05-2004, 05:20 PM
i'll try and use a few feeble resources of mine to find more info on him, and i'll send him a nasty-gram....

*edit - theres no Roger Boyd in the FSU online directory of students, so i'm bettin hes just a fan, or maybe an alum...

*edit2 - do you happen to have a zip code for this guy?

pputkowski
05-05-2004, 05:46 PM
Only 8 Roger Boyds in FLA...

http://www.anywho.com/qry/wp_fap?lastname=Boyd+&firstname=Roger&street=&city=&state=FL&zip=&btnsubmit.x=9&btnsubmit.y=15

chasden
05-05-2004, 08:00 PM
Just leave him negative feedback already and relist your item.

jdev
05-05-2004, 08:07 PM
having your own website is fun..

do what I did. I posted the feedback as a link (though I had to type out the "dot" to post it) to an HTML file under my site. I had to go back and forth with a guy just to get an emag body. so, it was so far off of getting it, I left neg feedback, and posted in that HTML page all the headers of the emails I had exchanged with him.

If you cant get ebay to reverse the feedback, you can at least do what I did and make sure people see what *really* happened.

also, if the auction hasnt ended, end it yourself. or, delete his bid (i think you can do that.) at the least, end the auction and relist, and then put him on a list of banned bidders (im pretty sure you can do this also)

Magglerock
05-07-2004, 08:11 PM
Your story really upset me, so, as an Ebay member, I emailed the guy. I told him that he was legally bound to purchase the product, and if he didn't, I was going to get his address from Ebay under court order and take him to small claims. He wrote me the following reply:

"First of all, I dident plan on skipping out the auction. When I purchased your item I made what we like to call a “mis-bid”. I did not intend to bud what I did basically. Sorry for the inconvenience."

To which I replied:

"If you had "mis-bid" (and I don't know how you could have possibly
done that), then you should have retracted it; that's what bid retractions are
for. But you didn't; instead you sent a threatening email, cursing at me to
leave you positive feed back "or else". If you hadn't done that, I
would have let this slide. But you know what? Now I'm not. Looking at your
feedback, it is clear that you are a sorry member of the Ebay community.
You are the type of person that ruins an otherwise useful product. So I
will state it again. I am holding you to your bid. Take responsability of
face the legal ramifications. That's what you get with screwing with a
lawyer. Next time, don't be such a jerk."

He promply replied with the following email:

"Ok look buddy im not trying to be a jerk. I may have been a little
"over the edge" that night if you know what I meen. I rarely use eBay, my account is frequently used by a roommate of mine. I have heard of the bid retractions, Im not sure how to use them though. I will look further into that. I trulydid not intend on bidding what I did on your item. How can we make this
right?"

Well Skife, at this point he thinks I am you, and since this is your situation, I leave it to you to finish him off. I think he is sufficiently softened up; I think he is scared enough that if you demand that he pay, he will. I hope you don't mind what I did. :)

sitting_duck
05-07-2004, 08:18 PM
maggle, you truely rock!

skife, make that bastard pay! :D

FallNAngel
05-07-2004, 08:45 PM
"First of all, I dident plan on skipping out the auction. When I purchased your item I made what we like to call a ?mis-bid?. I did not intend to bud what I did basically. Sorry for the inconvenience." [/b]

If he didn't mean to bid, then why did he mention that his account is frequently bid on by his roommate? Either way, it's not your problem. The bid was made, make him pay for it. Period. If he truely didn't mean to bid on it, and didn't know about the bid retraction, why start screaming for positive feedback with the threat of negative feedback?

Screw that, make him pay, then report him to eBay.

Halliday
05-07-2004, 11:38 PM
Get your payment and report him.

Glickman
05-08-2004, 10:00 AM
i sent him an email too. i was so freaking pissed at this guy, i had to erase what i wrote and rewrite it (90% was cursing ;) )

ill post his reponse when it comes. i basically told him, ive delt with this stuff before, and know exactly what to do, and that he has hundreds of people backing him up ;)

o and also that theres up to 5,000 dollars possibility in small claims court (pending hes done this before)

skife
05-08-2004, 10:56 AM
have him send a $78 money order to
Jay Ruster
8967 18 Mile Rd Ne
Cedar Springs, MI

and have him send his address along with that so my friend knows where to send the freak back

thanks for all the help you guys, i owe you all.

Magglerock
05-08-2004, 06:28 PM
That's what AO's for. However, I think you need to contact him yourself from this point out. He thinks that I am you, and that's not completely honest. Just tell him you want your money, or that you will take him to small claims. Tell him you know where he lives (Talahase) and that you got his name from the FSU directory. Tell him that you can sue him for up to $5000, but that you expect that the most you'll get is about $250. That should do it. If it doesn't, unleash the AO Army!

Chipper
05-08-2004, 07:05 PM
Hmmm, I wonder what I would do.

"Hey, whats my tactical .12 gauge doing out? Oh, yeeaah!"

Glickman
05-08-2004, 10:18 PM
and your right, another benefit of AO is the support, if one of us are cheated, then they get hell ;)

i wove you guys ;)

well.. you know what i mean...