PDA

View Full Version : AO's Worst Game Ever Thread!!....

Konigballer
05-04-2004, 04:34 PM
Well, we usually hear about everybody's great games and so on, but if you've played paintball at least once then youv'e probably had some games that went so bad you felt almost...dirty..and degraded as you stumbled off the field wondering "WTF JUST HAPPENED". Every baller has experienced this and between all of us on AO, I figure there must collectively be YEARS of horrible games, mishaps, failures and dreams shattered with the cold pull of a trigger...Lets share :)

For me, it all happened on my first day of playing back in '96. I have had more painfull games then this one, but the massacre that occured on this particular day always stands out in my mind. At this time in my area, fields were'nt filled with little kids, the thirteen and younger crowd, and although there was sportsmanship, there definetly were NO punches pulled for noobs. The experienced players there seemed to be japanese leftovers from Iwo Jima because they believed in no surrender and did'nt take any prisoners in the woods.

Well, a couple games in, we start with my team consisting of all noobs with beat up pumps and a few Tippy ProAms and our opposition being made up of the aformentioned fanatics. Those guys were all armed with cockers and their leader carried a,(drumroll please...), Minimag! My team is already terrified of the opposition and we get the bright idea to all barricade ourselves behind a huge fallen tree situated in a clearing, we're total noobs ok. So here is all of us, about 14 guys, and we're just waiting there because everyones positive their not going to hear us talking and will just walk out in our clearing for us to shoot them(sarcasm much?)...

Very quickly I start to realize how stupid this is. I mean, you dont fight a predator by acting like prey. Safety in numbers nothing, this was'nt animal planet, so I advise we disperse and a futile exchange between moronic noobs ensues. While all this is taking place, all 15 of us hotshots neglects to notice movement over in a tree clump covered by a large bush about 60-70 feet away and almost horizontal to our tree position. What commenced......(wipes tears away) was nothing short of slaughter the likes of which I have never seen again, but have always wanted to do to other people.

I dont remember hearing them open fire at first, I just remember hearing paint hit in rapidfire against both log and newb alike. Three of them, led by their darklord Minimag guy, took up a perfect position in that tree clump and proceeded to empty their entire hoppers on us, spraying back and forth across our fallen tree position. My guys were totally panicked and our just taking hit after hit after hit. Paintballs were whisling overhead and I could hear one guy after another cry out "I'M OUT, I'M OUT". But those ambushers were after the whole group and if someone who was already out stood up in the streams of paint then that was just his luck, there was no escape! My best friend stood up after taking several facemask hits and tried walking towards the guys with his gun in the air, only to be hit ten more times. My other friend and I got caught at the end of the ambush as we tried making a break for the bushes but were fortunate not to exit the field directly in the line of fire of our opposition. All fifteen of us were eliminated....it was a dark day for this young noobling.

However, that first day provided several valuable lessons and the mistakes of that game would NEVER be repeated again.

:( :cool:

Mango
05-04-2004, 04:45 PM
My first game this past weekend with my college trip. 4 vs 4, myself and 3 newbs on one team, 1stdeadeye and 3 newbs on the other. Off the break 3 of the newbs on my team are pretty much taken out. I'm at the 50, deadeye circles wide to my left, 3 newbs coming up on me on my right and im along the right tape. I have no where to go, I try to keep deadeye at bay because he is the only one I'm worried about but he is hauling and knows im the only one left and just blasts me while the newbs blast me as well. HAHA horrible game but I laughed. I went into the game not thinking we were going to play "for reals" but halfway through getting slammed by deadeye I started to think he was playing for blood. :p

davidnj
05-04-2004, 04:51 PM
lol that is great.

I guess I have a similar story. We only had one ref for the game we were playing. Said ref was on the other end of the field near the other team when he did the countdown and started the game. So not one person on our team heard the start and we were all standing there at our flag station. All of a sudden the other team shows up and starts lighting alot of our players up. Myself and a few others didnt get shot right away but we didnt last too much longer.

It was a rather annoying thing to happen, sorta dangerous as there were 2 or 3 kids who had their masks up waiting for the whistle to blow but nobody got hurt so it ended up being rather funny in the end I guess.

One other story I enjoy happened when the whistle blows and we start moving forward. When from maybe 3 feet behind my one friend we hear a shot and a yelp from that friend. Turns out his little brother, playing for his first or 2nd time, shoots him right in the butt from 2-3 feet away. Lol it took every ounce of self control for him not to kill his brother.

NJPaint
05-04-2004, 04:52 PM
hehe 1de "hauling" imagining... :p

;)

:D

paintphreak01
05-04-2004, 05:06 PM
ahh...this is the game where no balls were fired...successfully

It was a cold winter morning in Wisconsin..... and this kid decided to call me up and play paintball with some of the locals. so i came over, sat inside for a little, and finally decided to go play. when we got out to the woods, half of the snow was melting, so everything was nice and cold and wet. we had a blistering wind coming. our team decided to walk to the other end of the field and await for the refs go. we waited and waited untill i got bored and started shooting some cheap, old, lop-sided balls. one of them decided to break in the barrel. so i asked my friend for his squegee. he pulls out this wire with toilate paper wadded at the end. so of course i use it but the tolite paper gets stuck in the end of my 14 inch barrel. i tried to use my fingers to get the paper, but also collected a handfull of paint. i then gave the peice of wire back to my friend and twisted my barrel back on. once again i fired, ball broke. with this i got pretty angry so i took off my barrel again without tipping my hopper and balls fell everywhere. those were no good now because they were in cold wet mush. i tried to fire out some of the access paint inside my gun, but when i did, a bunch of white paint came shooting out of my feed neck covering my mask. now i tried cleaning out my feed neck wityh my cold bare fingers. this was a mess. i said screw it, put my hopper on, was finally ready. i fired a few times...nothing came out. i noticed that balls were slowly, and i mean slowly sliding down the neck covered in paint. with this, i heard on the other side of the field, "were not playing now. too many gun problems" we then walked inside, cleaned up *tried* and i went home pretty angry. the lesson i learned was to never use old lop-sided balls, espically without a lvl10 and a non-electric hopper.

Target Practice
05-04-2004, 05:32 PM
My first game of speed ball. Me and my 3 or 4 best friends with tippys and spyders played these 12 year olds with angels and timmys. the game didn't last 30 seconds. It was sad, so very sad.

mobius
05-04-2004, 05:43 PM
So who won!?!? ;)

sgt_easton
05-04-2004, 05:44 PM
Last year, in the spring, my squad is crossing a stream. I had my Spyder Imagine (i think you can all see where this is going) and was watching down the river while my teammates crossed. I was the last, and i crossed carefully because I felt logs on the stream bed. The water was about knee high. I was saying something like "There's a bunch of branches under her--" and then I fell onto my side into water that was waste deep. My teammate turned around, laughing histarically, to see the only non-submerged part of me - my arm holding the gun out of the water.

I lost about 500 rounds, and luckily enough, my gun was fine. But, i was soaked for the rest of the day.

ogre55
05-04-2004, 05:46 PM
This is not the worst game ever, but definetely a memorable moment when a great move turned went right into the toilet. We were playing at Skirmish as part of friend's bachelor party. This was the first time I played in over a year.

Anyway, we were playing on a large wooded field and I, being a veteran, although somewhat out of practice, decided to take three newbies and try to make a move on the tape to stage an attack from the rear. I must say that it was a very successful "creep". I led the newbies down the tape, through several large clumps of trees, over a stream and behind the opposing side's flag station. We even avoided several groups of opponents when I spotted them and waited for them to pass.

Anyway, we get within about about 100 feet of the opposing side's flag station and I figure its time to assault. Completely forgetting that I am leading three first time players. I start heading towards the flag station however my backup stays back. Way back.

Needless to say, I get hit and the rest of my team is taken out is short order. It was a great move, right up until the end. Not the worst game but one of the most dissappoining to be sure.

Ogre

barberjohn
05-04-2004, 06:22 PM
well, my worst was actually pretty recent, just two weekends ago, at a CFOA tourney in China Grove, NC. it was our last game, and we were sure we were not going to make it into the semi's, but we were still going strong. all of our 5 guys were still in, including me, playing back (which i dont usually play). my emag was on the blink that day, so i was using a teamates warp right emag, which was fast as crud, and which is why i was playing back. well, everything was going great, we were holding this really good team down, and everything was even until i messed up. i came out of the left side of my bunker shooting, since there was a guy down the field who was laying paint in my direction. my team captian was currently in the bunker in front of me, and just happened to be popping up above his bunker as i came out shooting from mine. well, i nailed him in the head. he was called out, and i felt like the biggest idiot ever. well, the game just went downhill from there, since my team captian was the one pretty much keeping the other team from advancing. i did all i could, but finally it was 4 v. 1, and i got lit up. well, this was the worst part, cause i walked to the dead box, and by then, everyone on my team already knew what had happened, and no-one was happy. this was our one chance to show that we werent one of the bad teams at this tourney, and it didnt work. that was my worst game ever.

UltimatePaintballer
05-04-2004, 06:59 PM
well, one time, was with a team of like3 of my friends and all noobs. so the game is on, im at the fifty with one friend and i decide to move up. well im sitting in my bunker looking for people and i get like shot 5 times in the chest, so i look for paint marks, nothing, i look up, shot like 5 more times,(at this time i should tell you we are playing regeneration). so i get up, start walking back to the end of the field, the whole other team is pushing way the hell up, my whole team is being shot out.

when i get to the end of the field, my whole team is down there with me, and all of us get behind a house for some reason and the other team just runs down and lights us up like crazy, it hurt but funny :D

Digits
05-04-2004, 07:03 PM
My last game of woodsball (I refuse to play again, unless it's big game or scenario)..

It was cold.. The paint was probablly sitting in this guys box all season, it was nothing but dimples..

Out of 500 balls I think I had 10 good shots.. It sucks.. Everything just broke.

edweird
05-04-2004, 08:52 PM
well this was the one I was most embarrased about...

at TeXball on the 2nd day I beleive it was the first game.

We just got done doing a battle cry of "Dont get Eliminated!" and the game was on. We had a bit of confusion on who was going where for primarys and I shot mango on the hand from the break. Then I over committed on a bunker and got myself laned out. I remember this one over playing recball with noobs cause I felt bad for opening most of the feild up and simultaniously screwing one of the best squads ive ever played with. Anyhow I redeemed my self by coaching for the next few games then got back in to the swing of things.

Loud Tim
05-04-2004, 11:23 PM
my worst game ever was at a tourny
i got bunkered by a dude with an model 98
we go into this game thinkin man dudes with tippmans we got this one in the bag. break out i hit my primary start rockin their front guys. its indoor so with the sound of my gun all the other guns and the paint bouncing off the air bunkers u cant hear anything i drain my hopper and while refilling i glance at our dead box and see three of our guys, then i glance at theirs and see no one. next thing i now cristy (plays on empress now) is in my bunker with me so we are back to back each rockin our side of this can i bump up to the fifty.
i drop two guys she drops one and its a two on two well this guy that i have been snapp shooting with desides hes gonna do a runthrough. not the smartest move trying to run down the tape while i am playing it but like i said they were newbs with tippmans just as he comes out i run my hopper dry so i know i cant reload that fastand i am just watching him runn at me while im tracking him the whole way just firing airpraying that there is a mirracle ball that finds its way into my breech u know every now and then there is that one ball that didnt feed right away. well i didnt have one and i got gogged christy has her back to that tape so all he has to do is keep going and its over. well she dropped their other guy somewhere in there and right before he gets to here he stepps O.B. and the reffs pulled him. so in the end we won the game but the fact that i ran outta paint and got bunkered i will never live it down.

Jeffy-CanCon
05-05-2004, 10:22 AM
My worst game ever was three years ago in the spring, playing walk-on during an extended business trip. Borrowed gear, unfamiliar players, three-on-three speedball.

Me and two newbies against the field-owner, his teammate and a third newbie. I go centre to the 50, and within a minute I'm all alone, 2-on-1. I break for my back corner, to reduce the angles. Out of the corner of my eye, I spot a runner coming up fast on my left, and I turn to shoot on the move. Being a klutz, I turn left with my left foot planted, at full speed. I heard a "pop" as my ACL tore, and went down with a crash and a cry of pain.

I lost two seasons to physio, surgery and rehab.

PissedGodzilla
05-05-2004, 10:35 AM
My worst game isn't as bad as most of yours, but it is funny nonetheless.

My first game at PBX Battlezone, in Toms River. I was there for the early opening for friends and teams, and I get on the field on a six on six, really not knowing anybody there except Dayspring. (Since then I have gotten to know many people from AO, 1DE, NJPaint, and many others)

Off the break I hit the back right dorito and i get caught in a snapshot fight with my mirror all the way down the tape. Now I know that I should also be watching the inside, but I was noob to speedball at the time, so bleh...

I break up to the taco in front of me, and as I get there I don't notice the other teams guy at the fifty. He drops me like a red-headed stepchild and as I go to stand up, I slip on the floor and fly in the air and land on my ***... hard....

As I go to get up again, I get nailed again.... and find out i broke four of my pods on the fall.... I am such a doofus... I hear later that it was like watching one of those movie falls where the guys legz just go horizontal and you fall flat on your back... I'm sure it was funny for those watching the game.

eddie885221
05-05-2004, 12:32 PM
this isnt the worst but i cant remember the worst, so o well for it.

ok it was a 4v4 with me and two of my friends plus some other guy against three of my friends and some other guy. our team was just wearin normal camo shirts and pants, u know standard stuff. the other was wearin ghillie suits and all that ****. needless to say they had a slight advantage. so me and one of my friends go right on the break and we send the other two up the left side.2 minutes after the break we hear shootin and shoutin and i see the two that went on the other side of the field walk back COVERED in paint.so me an my friend get behind a tree thats barely big enough for the both of us and lay down.20 feet in front of us a bush stands up and starts walkin towards us while a man with a camo mesh mask over his jt also comes towards us.they were both lookin down the field towads where our dead teammates used to be.when the bush gets about 10 feet away we pop up and start shootin.the guy with me gets destroyed while i keep low and advance.i counted the wlts after the game and i had benn ht 257 times before one of them finally busted. and it was the one that hit my gun.

ouch

DK1
05-05-2004, 12:32 PM
Armageddon 2000, Paintball Ridge, in Joplin, MO.

It was a big game, scenario action. I don't even remember if there was a day game, or what happened, but the night game was horrible.

There were about 15 or 20 of us that they put in one large fort area while the "aliens" attacked from every side. The walls of this thing were 3ft tall at best, with lights glaring down in on us. There was horrible visibility, and tons of people raining in paint on us. Since it was a night game, people weren't calling themselves out. Refs wouldn't check anyone, and it was getting old quick. Finally, after a guy ran up, hung his arm and gun over the edge of the fort and rattled off about 10 or 15 shots into us, *after* being hit... we decided we'd had enough of it. A poor kid behind me got it right in the junk with 2 or 3 shots because of that, and it was the last straw.

The entire group of us in the fort, only a few of us knew each other too, all got up and walked off the field, and left the whole game which was supposed to continue the next day.

That was easily the worst experience I've had in paintball. Nothing like cheaters, poor reffing, zero vis shooting, and horrible playing scenarios to make for a game I wish I could forget.

DK1

Jeffy-CanCon
05-05-2004, 02:23 PM
...i counted the wlts after the game and i had benn ht 257 times before one of them finally busted. and it was the one that hit my gun.

ouch

257 welts! I would have called myself out long before that!

Cryer
05-05-2004, 02:49 PM
my worst singal incident while playing paintball:

Long ago, back in my tippmann-in-the-woods days, Taylor492 and I were playing at a local field owning everyone. This particular game (the first of the day), I dropped back, ran around to the opposite tape and proceeded to flank them wide. I was running as fast as I could to the back corner of the field so I could bunker down and rain hell on them behind. As I neared my target bunker, I planted my right foot to turn abruptly and shoot. However, I had planted my right foot on a loose rock. The rock rolled along with my foot and I went down hard. After that game, I was helped back to the staging area where I sat out the next 2 games... By that time, I got so frustrated with the fact that I just payed $80, I laced up my cleats and went back out.
At the end of the day, when I took my shoes off, I watched my right ankle swell up. I was on crutches for like a month, and to this day my ankles still messed up.

pbguru89
05-05-2004, 02:55 PM
my worst game was my first tourney. it was a 3 v 1. everyone was shot out by a bunch of sandbaggers. then my smart arse gets up from the middle cube and runs down the middle of the field. i got lit up, pretty bad, 68magowner can second that. i had to have been hit atleast 25 times. it was crazy. they all three popped out at the same time and had me for dinner, so my first tourney wasnt the best but it was quite funny.

68magOwner
05-05-2004, 03:18 PM
actually, didnt we take 3rd in that tourney anyway? but yeah, it was against a team sponsored by the field, who were made to sandbag, so the field didnt have to hand out as many prizes.but yea, i got hit off the break, adn was watching Jaimal (pbguru) and i could just see he was about to run somewhere and i was liek "wtf is he thinking" next thing i know, hes blazing down the field twoard the flag, and the other 3 guys are all turning to blaze him, not a preety sight, but we all have had soem good laughs about it scince. lol, was that worse thatn the time i tore you a new breathing hole in your neck though? :D :p .

Side not- we came back adn beat those guys in another game in the same tourney, i did a run through adn had them all bunkered in the first 30sec of the game, that was my first tourney/first runthrough/ first bunker all in one move. lol, those guys are pissed to this day.

Lohman446
05-05-2004, 07:17 PM
LOL - it had to be a tournament, I beleive against Ram-Rod...

Its raining, I had taken a hopper hit two games earlier, and hadnt even looked in my hopper close enough to notice the broken paint within... it was one of those days.

I make a move down the left tape, and end up on their forty, trading paint with one of their back players - there front player is moving down the right tape now, and manages to take out both my backplayers.

There first bunker attempt fails, as the mover is hit by his own teammate - now Im desperate hosing the bunker in front of me, adn I go for a bunker move...

The player in front of me pops out and lights me up, as does their front player (who is now behind me)

I took 19 breaks + bounces that game (all legitimate ie no overshooting) most from less than ten feet...

robertjuric
05-05-2004, 07:32 PM
I was just trying a new field for the first time, it was about an hour away. I had just got my hyperframe and was going to test it out. Suprise, it doesn't work. :rolleyes: So I spend about 2 hours trying to get it to work, when I finally borrow somebody else's classic minimag. So I finally get ready to play. I slide into my secondary bunker, and I get a plug of dirt in my barrel. So Im sitting there trying to get it out, when I get bunkered right in the head.

:(

Empyreal Rogue
05-05-2004, 07:33 PM
This was some years ago, back when I used a backpack for my remote line I had a pretty "un-fun" incident. I had my tank running on a remote line up to my Tippmann. I was moving through a tightly clustered woodsball forest and suddenly my backpack got stuck between two trees. I stood there for about a minute trying to get myself out and suddenly these shots start whizzing by my head and I tried to duck down. But they simply aimed down and I took about 10 shots to the chest.

Same day, mind you this was one of my first times paintballing. Second I believe, first with the Tippmann. I didn't know a lot about remote lines and the on/off knob was on. I screwed my tank in and the other end of the hose wasn't hooked up to my marker. Well the hose started flopping all over the place and these guys just stared at me. They didn't say anything, just stared at me. I was REALLY embarrassed.

A painful, but not bad day, was when I got shot in the spiral chord 3 times. That hurt. Damn my boney back. :\

Mikey B
05-05-2004, 07:43 PM
Here is my story that still dissapoints me. My first tourny was a couple months ago and it was all going great. We played a couple games, won & lost but it was fun. Then the second to last game, if we won then we may have made it within the top 4 of our teams. So the game is going great. one out on each side, I get the back mid. So I move up. The last guy doesnt even know im in the game so I go to bunker. Everything is fine and dandy untill I get around the bunker pull the trigger and nothing comes out. The hopper was full, but no balls in the stack. Anywho, I got light up and then my other team mate got out. I should have grabbed the flag and ran by. Anywho, thats my bad story.

eddie885221
05-05-2004, 09:40 PM
normally i probably would have called my self out due to the pain, but i was determined to make sumthin happen because i was the last person. the way i see it is: hits only hurt for a minute, but defeats can scar u for days.

alkafluence
05-05-2004, 09:55 PM
hehe 1de "hauling" imagining... :p

You don't have to imagine, there's a video! ;)