PDA

View Full Version : minimag cheapo semi-atou trigger mod

mixmastermike
05-04-2004, 05:39 PM
working on a mod for my minimag. designed a trigger frame that, for now, will give me a cheap electronic semi-auto solution. I've been fed up with the long trigger pull for a while and have thought that if you have a strong enough solenoid you could easily mod the sear frame and use a simple circuit with a 9volt battery and a switch on the trigger to activate the solenoid. please post ideas or improvements, finishing design on 3dmax, will have pictures soon...

Big_Mac
05-04-2004, 08:34 PM
take the guts out of any Spyder/clone and adapt them to the mag frame? The solenoid is a bit fat for the frame...might need to have custom grips with a relief to fit. Thinking about something along these lines myself unless someone has tried and doesn't think it's possible.

Joni
05-05-2004, 03:51 AM
I think you will need a capacitator and some kind of timing electronics to get it done. I had some plans myself, and came to the conclusion that it was possible, but would be too much work. Got myself a ULE Custom instead =). If you know enough about electronics, or someone who does can help you, you could do it.

aut911
05-05-2004, 09:44 AM
i had the exact smae idea except with a gutted hyperframe. the only problem i had was the fact that the electronis cost about as much as a hyperframe replacement that i found (used). One thing though, i dont think you will get your "ghettotronic" mag to fire unless you buy a valve with a smaller pin diameter like the ones for the hyperframe.

aut

mixmastermike
05-05-2004, 02:29 PM
i have the electronic circuit design, got some help from a teacher... as for the firing mechanism, my original idea was use some jb weld to attach a solenoid arm to the sear and place a roller switch on the inside of the trigger to activate the circuit... the 9 volt battery would be mounted on my dropforward...

mixmastermike
05-05-2004, 02:30 PM
i had also been thinking about finding a circuit from another frame and using a relay or something like that for the solenoid circuit...