PDA

View Full Version : trying to build my own field

paintphreak01
05-04-2004, 07:33 PM
i have 6 acres in my back yard, and i wanted to put it to use. so i figured putting together my own paintball field would be a good idea. so i need suggestions. im not talking abouta woodsball field or an expensive speedball field. i have a budget, and im looking for somthing to put together that wont cost a fortune or fall apart.i know that might be hard, but what suggestions do you have as to what i can use for bunkers and stuff like that? thanks!

FreakBaller12
05-04-2004, 07:48 PM
pallets, plywood, barrels, and spools.
Most of this can be found for free if you ask local elec. companies, or other companies.

TraXeR
05-04-2004, 07:50 PM
If you wanna go real cheap and funny for bunkers, go to your local flower shop, or decoration shape, even lumber shop and get some big stand up planks or decorations that can take a beating for liek $40 each instead of a airball field. for meshing, well, you cant really get around safety, id recommend a 12-16 foot tall net meshing with cheap aluminum poles somehow wedged snugly into the ground. make sure you get a chrony station and a hose to. when it gets hot and the oil on the bunkers dries and sits... ewww.

WenULiVeUdiE
05-04-2004, 08:34 PM
If you want a field for free, go garbage hunting. My whole field is made up of old couches, tables, car bumpers, plywood etc. If you see someone selling a table or something similar at a garage sale, go back the nest day. Usually they will give it away for free or for less than at the sale. Worked for me.

nt2004
05-04-2004, 08:52 PM
my friend has an outlawball field that we mess around on. We managed to make a nice speedball feild using plywood sheating and 2x4's. Use normal length construction plywood sheathing as standups propped up by 2x4's. You can lay the stands on their sides for longer laydown bunkers. Or you can cut the plywood into smaller laydowns.