PDA

View Full Version : Had a bad day saturday, or, I hate dirt

Wheelman
05-04-2004, 07:52 PM
Well I ended up having to work a double shift saturday, which means when my shift ends in the morning I had to move my bike from the visitors parking lot (which is a lot closer to the building than the employees lot) to the employees parking lot. So I starts the bike up and zip over there as I am swinging into my spot the front tire hit a patch of dirt and shot out fom underneath me, I'm like oh poop! and try to get my foot down. needless to say that didn't happen the way I wanted it to, bike went down messed up my leg and shoulder a little in a futile attempt to save the bike (see priorities) I guess I got somewhat lucky but I still scratched the hell out of the right fairing and the mirror(I quite suprised that didn't break seeing it was the first thing to hit) turn signals and cracked the front fairing pretty good. Now I 'm not sure about the 600's but my 1000 is f*ing heavy, once I got it back up I had that pissed off adreniline running and the bike looked trashed. I went to work had a poopy day and then looked at it again and it really didn't look that bad (but it's still bad) now a few days later that the shock has worn off it looks really minor (but still bad) I got a new front tire put on later that day (it was due, too little too late) now I gotta order new blikers a little epoxy and a bunch of touch up paint. I know I got lucky that it wasn't worse than it was but I needed to vent. I'm still trying to figure out though how the rear blinker got busted off completley when that part of the bike never hit the ground (pipe doesn't appear to have a scratch on it nor does that blinker) ah well spit happens

I guess I got a new winter project

RRfireblade
05-04-2004, 10:24 PM
Ahh, that sucks.

Sorry for you. :(

I will tell you this though,if you ride you WILL go down,guaranteed.

Be glad it was something minor and not the 150mph tarmac tap dance I did a few years back.Trust me,it was NOT pretty.(more so the bike than me though,luckily)

As long as you learn from it,it's all good. You learned about slow speed turns and loose dirt,I learned alot about stand up wheelies and pot holes ;) I also learned alot about the benefits of protective gear but that was just a bonus.

See, all good. :D

Wheelman
05-05-2004, 06:07 AM

Yeah, I knew that was pretty much inevitable, I was hoping I'd have the damn thing a little longer before it happened. But you're right, it could have been a lot worse. Thanx

Wheelman
05-05-2004, 03:13 PM
Well the prognisis is good
Just spent the afternoon wet sanding and epoxying and whatnot, most of the minor scratches came out and the faiting is now whole again with a little reinforcement behind them, I got a little left to do and some touching up and it'll be good (exept the scratched up decals, but I think I'm gonna pull them off sometime anyway) I'll do a before and after post when I finish. :)

Zumina
05-07-2004, 01:24 AM
Ahh, that sucks.

Only if you think like that.

Sucks about the Fizzer man. My brother had a 1000 for a few years, but sold it in favor of an 02' GSXR750.
I had something similar happen to me, but luckily I managed to catch the bike. Of course I was riding a wheely at the time, but even so.

Please don't tell me you were wearing a wife-beater/tank top when it happened. If so, you get a big :shakefinger.

Wheelman
05-07-2004, 07:38 AM
Please don't tell me you were wearing a wife-beater/tank top when it happened. If so, you get a big :shakefinger.

Naw, I was still in full uniform. I'm also lucky I didn't bust a full Mace can when I hit, that really woulda sucked

Zumina
05-07-2004, 12:34 PM
it was time for flush-mounts anyway :p

barberjohn
05-08-2004, 03:01 PM
better get maico (sp?)! :D sorry for your bike man, i know how that dirt can be...

PyRo
05-08-2004, 03:57 PM
Maco
And they will never touch my car :)

RenagadeOfFunk
05-08-2004, 04:09 PM
COMMENTS
pic #1 (first)
....i love that way you blocked out your plate with your hand :)...i would be too angry to think about that...

pic#4 (last)
...it looks like a crappy parking lot...because of that shed :p