PDA

View Full Version : First Mag RT Ule- seeking sage advice!

Scherdy
05-05-2004, 11:57 AM
So i've been looking and making list after list of what I want my mag to be/look like and there are a few questions I need to get answers from people who know their stuff. So let the interrogation begin:

Here's what I'm SURE I want:

to order from a SINGLE dealer, with maybe one or two small parts elsewhere if need be.

RT
Ule body (blue or black)
XValve (either black or matched to marker body) ???
ult trigger
15* foregrip (not the bicycle) Possibly red/blue dye gas thru since it has the black foam to go with the colors. ??
Trigger frame: ????? either black frame and red/blue matching grips or matched frame and black grips.
rail - ????
CP rail and ASA (red or blue)

Oh, and I have a powerlyte barrel kit so that will be black as well.

So here's the questions. First, I know this is totally opinion...matched or black valve to go with this? I haven't seen a lot of valves matched so it seems like a lot of people prefer black. Any insights or reason? Just looks better maybe.

The foregrip - I like the looks of the 15* ones, rather than the vertical. Any other options or suggestions for the ones mentioned? Others possibly?

The Trigger and rail are where I'm stuck. I hear all these great frames coming from Logic, Rogue, Deadlywind ect. and drool but would like something that works well, is available now and a little less expensive. This is an upgrade I'm willing ot do later. The Y-frame looks interesting, but can you get different grips for it? The dye stickies fit the intelli, which is black or nickel I gather but...yeah, just not as exotic as the Y I guess. But it's still solid and looks nice. :)

Rails - I'm clueless. They're hard to find pictures of, hard to picture on a marker when I do find them, and I'm not sure as to what color black or matched? I think matched probably. there needs to be a thread with pics of just these different rails side by side :)

Anyhow, this is what I can't stop thinking about while I'm at work...is that wrong?? :confused: Help cure my madness!

Thanks.

Target Practice
05-05-2004, 12:35 PM
Welcome to AO! Here is my two cents...

If you are gonna order from a dealer here on AO, Tunaman is your...urm...man. He will build your marker to spec. For the 15*, Your best bet is one of Doc Nickles' (Doc's Website (www.docsmachine.com)). Not quite sure if he has any in stock, but their is no harm in checking. With the trigger frame, it's kinda open. I bought an intelli, and they are nice. Granted, I'm selling mine when Rogue comes out with his Vertframe. If you got a Y-Grip (which is just a reverse 45* if I remember right, you should be able to get grips for it. My one of my best friends just got his Y, and he loves it. Also, there is the Logic if you want to go that route...although Coolhand is way backordered (again, if my memory serves me right). for the rail, I'd grab one of Rogue's wingless RogueRails. They are no frills, and super light. I have a winged RogueRail, and that one is still lighter than crap.

With the colors...well, I'm rockin' an all black 'Mag (Black Is Beautiful!), so I won't be able to help you out with that.

Oh yeah, it is perfectly normal to have this stuff on your mind 24 hours a day. There is no cure for AGD (Awesome Gun Disorder).

Scherdy
05-06-2004, 04:24 PM
Any other input/advice is desperately needed! This is a marker I hope to keep for a LOOOONG time :)

Chronobreak
05-06-2004, 04:49 PM
uhm www.whitewolfairsmithing.com will hook ya up rogue also has his own custom rt's as does tunaman tunamn is your best bet ide say next to rogue or wolf