PDA

View Full Version : a question for scepter owners

sitting_duck
05-05-2004, 12:49 PM
ok guys, i currently have a kaner kit. it's nice and all but i am looking for something more. now i know that the scepter will not be anymore accurate than the kaner kit. however, i have read that the scepter is able to clean a barrel break in less than 4 shots. if this is true then i'll be ordering one as soon as compulsive has them in stock. so the question is...does the scepter clean barrel breaks as good as people say?

can'tthink of1
05-05-2004, 03:45 PM
Depends on how bad the ball break is, mine cleans pretty well. I wouldn't get caught up in #'s, but it is a nice barrel kit, even though mine is the old style. Kaners are great too though.

Load SM5
05-05-2004, 03:56 PM
Mine cleans out breaks pretty well. Depends on the paint, though. Ultra evil, you can forget it. Some of the thinner RPS paints shoot through pretty fast. Oddly enough one day I did take a hit down the barrel but all the paint sat in the tip on not in the insert. I never even knew and the balls shot past the paint fine. Sceptre kits are great barrels.

sitting_duck
05-05-2004, 04:05 PM
Mine cleans out breaks pretty well. Depends on the paint, though. Ultra evil, you can forget it. Some of the thinner RPS paints shoot through pretty fast.

thats pretty much how my kaner works. it'll shoot through primer and torq pretty well but it doesn't do a very good job with chronic or evil. i guess with those you just have to suck it up and break out the squeegee.

Load SM5
05-05-2004, 04:16 PM
Squeegie hell, gotta get a belt sander. :D

thecavemankevin
05-05-2004, 04:18 PM
i wouldn't know....with LX i never chop :)

bottom line is, its a great kit...very high quality, so if you get one you shant be dissapointed.

AlabamaMan
05-05-2004, 04:19 PM
I have shot both of those kits. They are pretty much even in my view. I do like my Kaner better though. No inserts to worry about.

Shooting through breaks, it seems that they were about the same.

frischtr
05-05-2004, 04:23 PM
the occasional break clean out well with RPS, Inferno, or Blaze... Haven't really tried many other types of paint... Why don't you buy it from http://www.powerlyte.com ? They should have all of the kits in stock...

pekingduck04
05-05-2004, 04:29 PM
Iv owned a 5 bore new style sceptre for a while.. It's very high quality but the 4 shot clean is an exaggeration. Yes, paint ingredients do make a difference but the next 10 shots after a barrel break Will curve like mad. Truthfully I'd bring a squeegee just to be safe.

I'm not tryin to put down the sceptre (considering I own one and will never sell it), I just want to put down an honest response.

Kaners are great kits, too!

No sKiLLz
05-05-2004, 04:45 PM
Scepter kits are expensive. If you have a Kaner already you might be better off spending the money on a LPR and/or BB eye set up.

sitting_duck
05-05-2004, 05:13 PM
thanks for the replies. i guess i'll just hang on to my kaner for a while. especially since they don't make them anymore.

Scepter kits are expensive. If you have a Kaner already you might be better off spending the money on a LPR and/or BB eye set up.

you'll have to forgive me but what is a "BBeye set up"?

i wouldn't know....with LX i never chop :)

bottom line is, its a great kit...very high quality, so if you get one you shant be dissapointed.

neither do i. my mech cocker pinches unless the balls are extremely brittle. i still get the occasional barrel break though. :(

LoneWolfz
05-05-2004, 05:31 PM
[QUOTE
you'll have to forgive me but what is a "BBeye set up"? QUOTE]

Break Beam Eye- Anti Chop Eye

sitting_duck
05-05-2004, 05:43 PM
ahhhh, i see. i think i'll keep this cocker mech for a while. besides, i just sold an e-cocker for a matrix.

phantomhitman
05-05-2004, 05:44 PM
i love mine, but that is my opinion. i have shot through breaks in 4-5 shots and i have had to take the barrel off for major gunk ball breaks or it would take me 10-15 shots to get a straight shooting barrel again. I like the looks of it and mine is very light 9all aluminum). my kit was only $115 but i think it was worth it.