PDA

View Full Version : What's A Good Barrel For RT Pro?

sturmvogel
05-05-2004, 01:35 PM
I have been looking into getting a new barrel for my RT Pro, and I have narrowed it down to Dye and Smart Parts. I just want a good barrel for a good price.I would like to get a 12 inch barrel, with a medium size paintball bore. But which of the two companies makes a better barrel? Thanks for any feedback.

Toto
05-05-2004, 05:46 PM
The DYE BoomStick is one hell of a barrel, a friend of mine uses this barrel in his mag, i belive that is a 14 inches one

Wright know i am using a 16 inches SmartParts BigDaddy barrel and i love it, the only problem with this barrel is that if you brake paint, is a pain in the *** to clean the porting

my 2 cents

RenagadeOfFunk
05-05-2004, 05:56 PM
...NOOB!!!....its not the barrel...its the paint to barrel match and how good its honed ( <-yes thats how its spelled)....

(i hate threads asking what barrel is better or what gun shoots farther...)

go take a look at

www.webdogradio.com for all you mythbusting/noob loving needs...

kybluemag
05-05-2004, 06:19 PM
best kit for the money is either the jj edge kit or the match stick kit, and for just a single barrel a cp one piece is not a bad investment

Snowball
05-05-2004, 08:02 PM
i have a dye boomstick 14" and i use draxxus midnight paintballs...excellent match and they shoot like darts...great barrel with draxxus balls.....

jive turkey
05-05-2004, 09:13 PM
I use the stock barrel. The balls seem to exit it in a straight fashion which works for me.

-sam

joez
05-05-2004, 10:09 PM
For a 1 piece you cannot beat a CP. I have been using them for quite some time now, and love them. Ive used most everything else, i sold my freak, i sold my AA's, i sold my teardrop, i sold my J&J, i sold my dye, i sold my PMI ceramic. The only barrels that i have kept are the CP's. they shoot through breaks excellently, are very well honed, a good price, and with good paint shoot darts. But now i am ordering a Matchstick, and i think that will be the last barrel i ever buy. At least for now.

P8ntBallBoom
05-05-2004, 10:18 PM
Personally I shoot ZAP Primer in a Boomstick. Best paint I've ever shot and I have yet to be proved wrong.

Ronin Baller
05-06-2004, 12:09 AM
I'm using the MacDev Matchstik kit; 3 bores, two tips, less than a hundred bucks. With good paint, it is unsurpassed in the two piece barrel universe.

SoYo-MoFo
05-06-2004, 12:25 AM
i use a 7 pc empire kit (6 backs and 1 front). Shoots pretty nice :)

Joni
05-06-2004, 01:51 AM
I think we can come to the conclusion that most respected barrel manufacturers makes nice barrels, so there is no need to pay for overpriced dye barrels, or give money to the a-holes at SP =). Just find something that has a nice price, and looks good. I've been looking at the matchstik myself...not a bunch of stuff you don't need, just the bores that you actually need, and one tip. Makes it a nice price/performance ratio.

sturmvogel
05-06-2004, 01:42 PM
Thanks everyone for your feedback, except for Renegade Of Funk. By the way i'm not a noob, i've been playing painball for 4 years, and been a mag owner for 1 year. This is why I post these so called "dumb threads" so i can learn more about my mag. Thanks again everyone, i'm looking into getting a cp barrel.