PDA

View Full Version : Ripped off and MAD!!!

ZapTheMad
05-05-2004, 04:14 PM
I purchased a tank off ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3674453615&category=36287&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBWN%3AIT&rd=1

Not the best deal considering that a tank just like it sold for $30 less 2 days later (god I wish I waited). I was hesitant to pay at first because of his feedback. I wasn't worried so much about the feedback, what I noticed is that this tank supposedly sold with a different auction! So I get his phone number and call him to talk about it before I pay. He told me that the guy who bought the gun couldn't come up with all the money, so he sold the gun without the tank and this tank was leftover. OK, I trust him, I send payment.

It comes in the mail today and now I'm f'in pissed!!!

http://www.iodclan.net/zap/tank/tank2s.jpg

Does anyone know if this tank is repairable? I am assuming since it goes quite deep into the fiber that it should be condemned.

Ok, Some steam is blowing off. I'm going to paypal and filing a complaint to get my money back. To bad this is going to cost me at least $25 to do so :(

I've bought a lot of stuff off ebay and this is the first time I got screwed.
I learned my lesson and I'm never buying from a low feedback seller again.

AlabamaMan
05-05-2004, 04:22 PM
Looks pretty deep to me, I think that tank is hosed. :( :mad:

athomas
05-05-2004, 04:24 PM
The tank is worthless and would be condemned. No field will fill it in that condition and it can't be repaired.

Phone him first and tell him your problem. Demand that you get full refund plus shipping. If not, then file a complaint.

thecavemankevin
05-05-2004, 04:24 PM
damn dude, that bottle is FUBAR!

but the reg might still be good if you can locate another bottle.

lesson learned...dont buy on ebay from people with negative feedback like that and with so little feedback in general.

sorry man

Muzikman
05-05-2004, 04:25 PM
Yeah, tank is probably shot. My question is did it look like it happened during shipping? If so, go for the insurance.

shivors
05-05-2004, 04:37 PM
Tank is not repairable. That gouge looks to be almost all the way down to the aluminum. Sorry to hear about that bro. Hopefully the guy will be straight up with you.

I personally will not do business with anyone that doesnt have at least 20 feedbacks.

skife
05-05-2004, 04:42 PM
if the fiber is torn its dead, if not then throw some 2 part epoxy on it and it'll be good as new

ZapTheMad
05-05-2004, 04:48 PM
The good news is that my stiffi just came today too and all is well with that :)

Chronobreak
05-05-2004, 04:56 PM
zap u havent had muck buying luck have ya? i sugest buying things from ao'ers with alot of post and good feedback

C_22
05-05-2004, 05:00 PM
Sorry to see that bro. That tank is pretty much useless.

Recon by Fire
05-05-2004, 05:07 PM
You bought from someone with a 1/5 bad feedback? :(

spadge67
05-05-2004, 05:10 PM
even if you dont get near as much money back, as long as HE dosent get any money...THATS what counts...

.tMan
05-05-2004, 05:34 PM
off the topic a tad but
if that tank is shot I will gladly take that reg if you want to sell it.
email me or PM me if you do

cledford
05-05-2004, 05:36 PM
It looks like the bottle was shot, really! It looks like someone shot at it with a pellet rifle...

-Calvin

Thermus
05-05-2004, 06:02 PM
That looks terrible. Definately talk to paypal (if thats how you paid) over the phone right away, send in a complaint, do antyhing you can.

Also, if you paid with credit card through paypal, ask for a chargeback on it. They will give you your money back right away.

TeamNausea
05-05-2004, 07:00 PM
More and more of these kinda threads daily.. Guys look into it b4 you pay! :(

Anyway yeah man get in touch with him first then complaint!

FallNAngel
05-05-2004, 07:04 PM
"This tank looks brand new"

Well, I suppose if you're blind....

TeamNausea
05-05-2004, 07:05 PM
In that case wouldnt it be fees brand new? LOL :cool:

shivors
05-05-2004, 07:10 PM
Out of everything I have purchased online for my paintball setup, I only got one thing (the barrel) from an individual seller. I just dont trust anyone to take care of gear like I do. Luckily it was in perfect condition.

ZapTheMad
05-05-2004, 07:21 PM
I have filed a complaint with paypal, and ebay. I think I will get my money back but it's still going to be a pain and I will have to pay to ship it back to him. He is trying to sell an impulse right now. It has this tank on it and you can see the damage was already there. He is trying to blame it on UPS, lol.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3675695885&category=16048&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBWA%3AIT&rd=1

I have been emailing all his bidders and telling them what he did to me. I really hope that someone else doesn't get screwed. I've had mostly good luck with ebay, I just need to be more careful about who I buy from. There are many honest people out there and I just need to be more careful. For the most part, I have had good luck so I can't hate them all!

I'm also an honest person and I can't go after UPS for something they didn't do.

MarkM
05-05-2004, 07:24 PM
It looks like the bottle was shot, really! It looks like someone shot at it with a pellet rifle...

-Calvin
No, that's what happens when you use drops and the wrong screws to hold it to the gripframe.

Steelrat
05-05-2004, 07:26 PM
The seller's response to negative feedback for this tank:

it was good ups drop it and thay wouild off fix but he wouild not give thim time

What, did they drop it on a sword? Paypal does not have any deductible. First, if you paid by credit card, you need to contact your credit card company to see if they will cover it. If not, then contact paypal to try and recover funds. If they cannot, then you contact ebay and file a claim. There is a $25 deductibe, and they ask that you try and resolve it with the seller before you file your claim. You can request the seller's contact information, including phone number, through ebay.

Its odd that the wording in his adds is fine, but the grammar in his feedback responses is HORRIBLE.

Thermus
05-05-2004, 07:28 PM
Its odd that the wording in his adds is fine, but the grammar in his feedback responses is HORRIBLE.

You can only have a certain amount of characters in the response, so people make gibberish.

ZapTheMad
05-05-2004, 07:37 PM
LOL, thats not the only bad grammar. I did talk to him on the phone before I paid for it. I noticed that the tank was supposedly sold on a previous auction with an impulse and that bothered me so I called him from the number ebay gave me. He told me the guy couldn't pay for all of it and only sold him the gun, which was a lie because the imp is for sale again. We talked for a while about paintball and stuff and he seemed to be honest, but not real high on intelligence. So I sent him payment and he delivered. The only problem is that he didn't tell me the tank was ruined. I honestly think that he thought I wouldn't notice or something. Every email he sent me is filled with terrible grammar.

coolcatpete
05-05-2004, 08:03 PM
In the pics on ebay ou can see the gauge if you look hard.
Pete

space_weazel_45
05-05-2004, 08:23 PM
i may be interested in the reg if its adjustable above 800psi. that is if all else fails. just trying to add a silver lining.

good luck

ZapTheMad
05-05-2004, 08:52 PM
lol, I'm starting to get to him now. Funny how he is now changing his tune. I bet ebay and paypal are starting to send him emails along with all the bidders i've been contacting :) Here's the latest email from him:

"If you Leave the gun alone i will consider working something out it irritates me that you gave me negative feedback on ebay because that cannot be retracted but i am willing to work with you but not if you mess with the auction on the gun"

My reply:

"You should have thought about that before you tried to kill me with an unsafe tank. There is only one way I will stop. Refund my payment, in full, right now to my paypal account. Call UPS and issue call tag tommorow morning for the tank. They will come to my house to get it and I will have it boxed up and ready to go when they come. I can still respond to the feedback and say it was resolved. Otherwise, it will only get worse from here."

teufelhunden
05-05-2004, 09:08 PM
Nice. Keep grilling him.

Tunaman
05-05-2004, 09:47 PM
You can only have a certain amount of characters in the response, so people make gibberish.
Gibberish? When I was growing up, people that talked like that were sent to a "Special Place"...with "special friends". :D :eek:

ZapTheMad
05-06-2004, 02:20 AM
Welp, no refund. At first he agreed and after his auction sold, he changed his mind. My follow up on the feedback reflects on the response. Now he is telling me that I am stalking him (stocking he says) and he is going to have me put in jail. LOL!

I hope paypal freezes his account tommorow :confused:

I was able to get his address from the phone number. It seems he is living with his parents from a white pages search. I'm going to call his mom tomorrow and see what happens.

personman
05-06-2004, 06:18 AM
Yep, there it is, plain as day.
http://i14.ebayimg.com/02/i/01/ba/a7/68_1.JPG
I hope you get him, bro, what a stupid thing to do.

BRIAN AGD
05-06-2004, 02:09 PM
sorry man i hate seeing ppl get riped off like that...the reg looks good .call crossfire and ask 4 chris havlock tell him what happon ..tell him its a crossfire tank maybe he will give u a deal on a tank ..u will have 2 send your reg to him or just send the whole tank to him and let them take a look and see if the tank is unsafe to use ,,,hope this helps ..tell him i told u 2 call ...

Steelrat
05-06-2004, 02:59 PM
Contact the buyer of the impulse and tell him what happened. Hopefully he will be reasonable enough to realize that he too may be getting screwed. That seems to be your best leverage on the punk. Did you already file a fraud claim with paypal or your CC company? You need to do it RIGHT NOW so that paypal can intercept the money before he clears his account out.

I also like the "talk to his parents" approach. That sometimes works, though if he is this lacking in moral fiber, you have to wonder about how he was brought up.

frgood
05-06-2004, 04:07 PM
Gibberish? When I was growing up, people that talked like that were sent to a "Special Place"...with "special friends". :D :eek:

But they did get to ride that cute little bus! :D

I'm sorry I couldn't resist.

dj89
05-06-2004, 04:42 PM
Comment From Date / Time Item #
iPAIDdayAFTsaleheTRIEDtoTAKEbackITEMaftSALE,thenSE NTitemBROKEN, BEWARE!!!!!!!!!! Buyer macster-jbs( 28) Apr-18-04 13:47 3670266777
Reply by raysdoggs: he put this there because i gave him bad feed back he well not pay you
if i saw that i would not buy any way................... good luck tho

68magOwner
05-06-2004, 04:47 PM
similar thing just happened to me, i bought the tank, the seller says its good till '07 and is in great condiditon, i get it, the tank is only good till '05 as clearly stated on the tank, and the reg is missing 1/4 of the top part (where o-ring goes) it seems liek this will make a HUGE leak if i use it, but the seller says no, im going to try it out this weekend, and luckily, i have an extra reg if it does screw up.... but about the hydor, he claims "the guy i bought it from said it was good till '07, and i dont know how to tell hyrdo dates" yes, the guy is a pbn'er but he owns a viking and several tanks, i SERIOUSLY doubt that he cant read a hydro date :mad:

oneworld
05-06-2004, 04:57 PM
WOW! what you have there is a 170$ hunk of steel

ZapTheMad
05-27-2004, 11:47 PM
Paypal is a joke. Thier claims of "buyer protection" are a bunch of hogwash. I've been paying for a premier account far to long. I got ripped off and they won't do anything about it regardless of how much money they've made of my transactions.

I don't have the tank, it was sent back to him.

I don't have the money, he won't refund it.

I'm screwed...

If this was my visa card all I have to do is dispute the charges and they give me my money back first and sort out the details later. Paypal customer service blows huge chunks.

I downgraded my paypal account today because I'm tired of paying them 3% of every transaction to get this so called "protection". I get the same level of "protection", which is basically nothing, on a standard account and it's free. So what if I can't take credit card payments. Everyone has a bank account attached to thier paypal for verification anyway.

My last resort is to file a fraud claim with ebay tommorow. Since they are the same company as paypal, I am having doubts as to thier "buyer protection" too. Even if they do give me my money back, it will be less $25 and shipping. No matter what, I still lose. that is IF they do anything besides send me email saying they can't do anything.

Take this as a lesson from my mistakes.

Always fund your payments with a credit card. If something goes wrong, it's much easier to dispute the charges with the credit card company and get results much faster.

Don't bother with a paypal premier account. Buyer protection is pretty much a big bowl of rabbit droppings. Hard dry droppings at 3 cents a piece that don't swallow easily and they offer no glass of water. Even if they do honor a claim, they can only get back what the seller has in the account. If the account is empty, which it probably is since they just screwed you and immediately withdrew the money, you get nothing.

Never EVER pay with a money order because you get NO PROTECTION. Sure, you can prove that you paid with a receipt, but what can you really do about it? Drive across the country to file a lawsuit that's going to cost more in travel expenses than what you originally paid for the item?

Be very careful about what you buy. If the auction description is vague, there is a reason for it and you will find out the hard way. Never buy from sellers with low feedback.

Always remember, DTA.

"Don't Trust Anyone"

The worst part is that I can't close my paypal account like I really want to. I still want to do business over the internet and there is nothing else available.

Rev_Shocker
05-28-2004, 12:32 AM
Just so you know, Ebay just revoked his status, it's now suspended. Sorry about your tank bro, I hope everything works out.

See you in the middle!

AGDlover
05-28-2004, 01:06 AM
ya call crossfire and see if you can get a new bottle

ZapTheMad
05-28-2004, 04:22 AM
His account has been suspended for a long time now.

datapimp69
05-28-2004, 11:15 AM
dude,

just in case you cant back at him, you maybe able to get it fixed.

i use http://www.hydrotester.com for my tanks and from there site

We repair scratched, dented and dinged bottles. If we cannot repair the bottle to pass a
hydro, we don't charge you for either the repair or hydro. Just the $5.00 return shipping charge.
Call first for advice. The Hydrolab loves to talk to any player in the US and Canada. All repairs
are $5.00. Aluminum bottles are never repaired... sorry. Just the HPA fiber wrapped.

you may want to give it a try as they dont charge if they cant fix it.

teufelhunden
05-28-2004, 01:58 PM
www.ifccfbi.gov

FBI's internet fraud division. They helped me resolve something, it's worth a shot.

Of course, this was after paypal screwed the pooch.

ZapTheMad
05-28-2004, 03:21 PM
I've already filed a complaint with IFCC. how long did it take for them to caontact you? It's been a month and I haven't heard a word from them. From what i understand they only forward the information to the local authorities and it's up to them to do something. Remember, this is Arkansas. Us big city folk aren't welcome there. My ex-wife lives there now. She tried to run me over with her car and all the cops did was laugh at me.

I don't have the tank anymore. It was sent back to him.

teufelhunden
05-28-2004, 03:23 PM
Hm. If they haven't got in touch with you, get in touch with the State Police and Attorney General of the state where the seller lives.

NoFearPaintballer
05-28-2004, 10:04 PM
Should hire a PI to stalk him for you. BTW how old is this kid?

ZapTheMad
06-07-2004, 03:10 PM
So UPS comes today. He has a large envelope for me. It's from my favorite buddy down in Arkansas. I sign for it and he leaves. I go inside and open it up, there is another manilla envelope inside. It's taped up so well the I can't get it open. I find a razor and slice it open. What's this? A refund check! It's $6 less than what I paid but at least I got most of it back!!! He could have rounded it up to $200 for all the trouble.

I guess all those complaints I filed finally got to him.

PissedGodzilla
06-07-2004, 03:34 PM
Dude Congratulations... All your hard work was worth it... Sometimes the good guys do win in the end!! Time to dance!!!!

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

blee70
06-07-2004, 04:07 PM
Great news... At least now you got something back. But I would still follow through with the complaints. Doesn't change the fact that he screwed you and then realized later that you were not going to stop until you got your money back.