PDA

View Full Version : shocktech timmy or dm4

robert heatwole
05-05-2004, 07:25 PM
well right now i have a shocktech timmy and a local guy has a dm4 he wants to trade

Cryer
05-05-2004, 07:28 PM
... chocolate

Cryer
05-05-2004, 07:29 PM
how new are they?

$tevo
05-05-2004, 09:33 PM
both of em are great markers. i dont think it really comes down to performance between those, it would be preference. trade for a game or 2 and find out what one you like playin with more

Digits
05-05-2004, 10:32 PM
thats a tough one.. I would say get whichever one you like more.. Ask to play with the DM4 in a couple games and if you like it more get it.. If not keep your shocktech

elpimpo
05-05-2004, 10:40 PM
wow, theres a decision i wouldnt mind having. i love timmys and id say stick with the timmy because its been tried and proven, the dm fizzels are pimpalacious guns but im not to sure of them yet cause they are realatively new

oneshot
05-06-2004, 12:12 AM
stick with the timmy, Dm4s have some bugs that still need to be worked out.

SpecialBlend2786
05-06-2004, 12:16 AM
I would keep the Timmy.

Then again, I do have a soft spot for red to black faded DM4's :)

afrankart
05-06-2004, 09:59 AM
stick with the timmy, Dm4s have some bugs that still need to be worked out.

like what?

oneshot
05-06-2004, 10:39 AM
there board needs a battery level indacator, and a regulator in between the solnoid and the battery, because as it is now the whole current from the battery is being dumped into the solnoid which is causing problems for some dm4 owners

afrankart
05-06-2004, 10:59 AM
I don't know that they NEED a battery indicator. Mine works perfectly fine without one. I would like to have that diode, however.

Cryer
05-06-2004, 11:12 AM
Personally, I'd rather have an upped trix than a dm4

Digits
05-06-2004, 05:43 PM
Personally, I'd rather have an upped trix than a dm4

I thought the same thing.. Untill I held a DM4.. It was just so light and felt perfectlly balanced ..

An ironman with that dead chamber milling though might be comparable.. I heard it takes off a nice chunk of weight

C_22
05-06-2004, 07:10 PM
I thought the same thing.. Untill I held a DM4.. It was just so light and felt perfectlly balanced ..

An ironman with that dead chamber milling though might be comparable.. I heard it takes off a nice chunk of weight

It does. The ironmen trix weights about the same as a DM4.

RT pRo AuToMaG
05-06-2004, 10:43 PM
there board needs a battery level indacator, and a regulator in between the solnoid and the battery, because as it is now the whole current from the battery is being dumped into the solnoid which is causing problems for some dm4 owners

They have had a board with a battery level indicator out for a few weeks already.

Personally, I'd wait for the evolve bolt kit to come out and for the shocktech dm4 (if you have some serious cash that is)

Evil1
05-07-2004, 01:52 AM
I have shot both guns and both are pretty fast. The dm4 was easier to hold a good rate of fire with, but the shcktech timmy was fast as hell too. The only things I didn't like about the dm4 is that it is ugly in my opinion. The only way I could get it to shoot fast was to rake the trigger. It wasn't as easy to walk as the timmy. The timmy was fast just walking the trigger like normal, but I could shoot the dm4 really really fast by lightly raking the trigger, which I didn't really like because I personally feel more comfortable being able to hold the gun in my shooting hand and still being able to rip. I did not like holding the dm4 in my left hand and raking it with my right. The other thing about the dm4 that I have never seen addressed yet was that it was a massive air hog. It was worse than my 03 shocker with the stock bolt. I know everybody said that 03 shockers were hogs before the HE bolt came out, but the dm4 really sucked down the gas fast. The timmy was much more efficient by a long shot, and was way lighter than the dm4.