PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else scared of lightning or thunder?

WenULiVeUdiE
05-05-2004, 08:07 PM
Im scared... Its thundering pretty badly where I am, and I dont have a window sahde and my bed is right against the window. Is anyone else scared of it? I hate being so educated sometimes...

Cryer
05-05-2004, 08:09 PM
I love thunder and lightning. Its beautiful.

Rather
05-05-2004, 08:15 PM
I'm with cryer. Tis fun to sit and watch outside. I stand on my back porch, where i wont get wet. And just watch it poor and poor and poor. Its fun when it gets bright as heck for a couple seconds then a boom comes right after. :D

WenULiVeUdiE
05-05-2004, 08:16 PM
I agree it is awesome to look at and all. But sometimes it just scares the poop right out me. When you sleep next to a window, you tend to feel a little different about things. Waking up to a cat on your roof is weird.

Brak
05-05-2004, 08:28 PM
i think its awesome, especially when its so loud it shakes the whole house, and you know that in some way, shape, or form you are in danger

MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
05-05-2004, 08:30 PM
Im scared... Its thundering pretty badly where I am, and I dont have a window sahde and my bed is right against the window. Is anyone else scared of it? I hate being so educated sometimes...

I don't get it the educated thing is to not be afraid of lightning.

And I'm with everybody else I love when it thunders and rains heavly.

It's beautiful and it smells so good.

tony3
05-05-2004, 08:39 PM
My dog barks at thunder....most annoying thing ever. Usually, I sleep right through lighting and thunder.

WenULiVeUdiE
05-05-2004, 08:49 PM
Monkey- Lightning chooses what it hits 100 feet up in the air. there is no escaping it. Right now, I like the lightning. Not as loud and I can finally get some damn work done.

This was a pointless thread.

dj89
05-05-2004, 09:13 PM
i don't mind it . But when you are try to play paint ball and you have a ss mag you feel a little un save................

PyRo
05-05-2004, 09:17 PM
Thunder and lightning rock :)
You can find me amoung the bunch of spectators on the little porch thing on the dorm :)

WenULiVeUdiE
05-05-2004, 10:32 PM
Your probably thinking I am trying not to look like a pussy here, but I'm not. I also enjoy watching the lightning strike mid day in the summer. About years ago the lightning was spectatcular, now it's boring little flashes. It scarey seeing so many trees next to you being struck, but not you.

What does a dog look like after its been hit by lightning? Burned and chared would be my guess.

Digits
05-05-2004, 10:38 PM
In all honesty it kinda comforts me.. I just love the rain.. And I love being indoors when it thunders/lightnings and watching it threw the window.. It just feels right for some reason.

PyRo
05-05-2004, 10:57 PM
What does a dog look like after its been hit by lightning? Burned and chared would be my guess.
Wrong.

bleachit
05-05-2004, 11:35 PM
my dog is scared of the thunder, he immediately heads into the basement... a thunderstorm is the only thing that will get him to stay in my room overnight ( I live in the basement)

Chojin Man
05-05-2004, 11:48 PM
Blah I hate the rain. I'm not scared of it. It just annoys me to no end.

edweird
05-06-2004, 12:02 AM
I absolutley love adverse weather... infact if I would be a storm chaser I could. In the meantime I head outside in any non-dust storm I can find. Lightning or not.

PyRo
05-06-2004, 12:16 AM
my dog is scared of the thunder, he immediately heads into the basement... a thunderstorm is the only thing that will get him to stay in my room overnight ( I live in the basement)

My dog runs into the bathroom in the middle of the house with no windows, and won't leave. He sheds alot too when he gets scared, which isn't always fun. We actually found him running around outside with no coller after a huge thunderstorm, one of the biggest ones I can remember, and thats the story of how I got my dog :)

cphilip
05-06-2004, 09:19 AM
I have an unhealthy fear of it. Not really had it all my life. Just the last 15 years or so. I can remember as a kid standing out in the rain when it was storming and it never bothered. Camped and fished and hunted in thunderstorms. But as you get older you develope Phobias in some cases unrelated to what it is thats really bothering you. In my case its bad weather. I have no real idea what causes it. I suspect it is related to my realization of my mortality. Started after Caleb was born. I realized then that I could die and there was only one thing in the world you have NO control over. But when its supposed to storm or is storming I get anxiety and cannot sleep or really concentrate on anything for that matter. I watch the Weather all the time when its supposed to storm. Can't help myself. Just have to sort of leave me alone and let me be. Its not really unmanagable as I have ways of dealing with it. Most of them involve a fixation on watching it and tracking it. But they pretty much shut me off from anyone else while its happening. Crazy I am I guess.

WenULiVeUdiE
05-06-2004, 03:15 PM
Your not crazy....your just not like the rest.

Nice to know I'm not the only one who is sort of afraid of it.

Cryer
05-06-2004, 03:21 PM
I absolutley love adverse weather... infact if I would be a storm chaser I could. In the meantime I head outside in any non-dust storm I can find. Lightning or not.
Dude, me too! Back when I was like 13 we had this huge storm with tornadoes and hail... I was mesmerised. My mom kept pulling me into the cellar, but I'd make my way back outside to watch the clouds :)

Chris42050
05-06-2004, 06:00 PM
You guys afraid of the weather really gotta move out to Cali. We never have bad weather. Hardly ever have thunder or lightning. Just earthquakes. But hey, they are over before you know it. 20-30 seconds thats it. I went to chicago and was mesmerized by the weather. The sky looked crazy and lightning everywhere. Oh and lightning bugs they are cool.

nt2004
05-06-2004, 06:49 PM
i love the storms but they tend to scare the bejesus out of me. When i lived out west in Colorado and Utah, the storms were awesome. Now in the midwest, everytime it storms it seems like a tornado or two comes in to join in the fun. Las time we had a big storm i think about 7+ tornadoes touched down. Also, i do sleep next to a window and i always get to thinking irrationally. I have this weird fear that either I'll be struck by lightning or the window will shatter due to high winds. I know there is barely any chance of that happening but it still worries me a bit.

bratch
05-06-2004, 08:10 PM
The girlfirend hasn't being out driving in a storm. She has started crying on numerous occassions when it starts storming while we travel. Never really noticed if it bothers her when she is home so I'll assume not.

I'm the opposite first time I really drove was in a downpoor with no visibility and fogged over windows so a little rain never slowed me down. Plus us Okies are drawn to storms like a moth to a fire.

WenULiVeUdiE
05-06-2004, 10:11 PM
I have this weird fear that either I'll be struck by lightning or the window will shatter due to high winds. I know there is barely any chance of that happening but it still worries me a bit.

Exactly how I feel. Just as much risk 10 feet from the window, but I still feel safer that much farther.

I hate knowing that even in a crowd of hundreds of thousands on a clear day lightning can strike out of no where and kill you. It happened to many, but sadly some are no longer with us.