PDA

View Full Version : I feel like such a trend setter : (lotsa linkover pics inside!)

Tyger
05-05-2004, 09:44 PM
One of the "latest trends" in paintball...

( With appologies to Warpig : )

http://warpig.com/paintball/tournament/psp/2004/la/gallery/IMG4331.jpg

http://www.warpig.com/paintball/tournament/psp/2004/la/gallery/IMG4334.jpg

The bandana / towel, hung from the back of your beltline and allowed to hang.

Hey, wait a minute, haven't I seen this before?

http://jayloo.com/lib/get_file.php?id=2593

http://www.tyger.us/paintball/Leopard/spplat4A.jpg

http://www.tyger.us/paintball/earstail/NICK5502.jpg

I thought so... Once again, I'm ahead of the curve by 5-7 years. Hmm... Now when will the "pros" start doing pointed ears, I wonder? :eek: :D :cool:

-Tyger

Thermus
05-05-2004, 09:59 PM
LOL dude.... Nice hat.

graysonp
05-05-2004, 10:05 PM
Not to burst your bubble, but it's outlawed now... :D

But hey, maybe the ear thing will catch on...

ghed
05-05-2004, 10:06 PM
Yea, I know what you mean. Ive been a few yrs a head of some local trends. For example when I was in 9th grade I was one of the first kids to grow out my hair....flash forward to 12th grade and now all the "cool" guys have long hair and I just look like another guy riding the trend.
Same thing happened w/ paintball, about 5 years ago friend and I were the only 2 guys at our school who played, and since all we did was paintball we sorta became outcasts. Now in 12th grade theres a grp of about 10 "popular" guys who play all the time. :(

P8ntBallBoom
05-05-2004, 10:29 PM
Lemme guess, they don't ever include you in their activities and they claim to have brought the sport to your school.

*grumble* popular kids....

Tyger
05-05-2004, 11:13 PM
Not to burst your bubble, but it's outlawed now... :D

But hey, maybe the ear thing will catch on...

You don't happen to have a link to that, do you?

I ask because I found the PSP rules :

"Any head judge or the Ultimate judge may prohibit a particular item of clothing. Such action by a head judge may be appealed to the Ultimate Judge." But nowhre dos it say that a player may not wear a bandana or cloth material from their belt line.

The Super 7 rules also don't cover this exclusively. I learned one rule outright, if it's not in black and white, it doesn't exist. I'm just curious to see how they worded it.

-Tyger

lunatickyle007
05-06-2004, 12:24 AM
I too have been looking through every rule book i can gett my eyes on and can't seem to find anything about it. :D

Thourne
05-06-2004, 01:10 AM
I saw those pics with you in them Tyger and I was like hey, that's a tail not a badana you fool, that's Tyger. Then I scrolled back up and realized it was you who was posting so yeah I guess you're a trendsetter. I guess it also says something that I was able to recognize you just from pics that have been posted here even though I've never played against/with you in person.

DementedChild
05-06-2004, 06:26 AM
just as long it doesnt go against rule 4 :D

FreakBaller12
05-06-2004, 07:07 AM
uh-oh is this...agg??? :eek:

Bolter
05-06-2004, 08:36 AM
in a 12yr old pbnation sense then yes, Tyger is AGG.

But we knew that already eh?

teufelhunden
05-06-2004, 10:30 AM
Tyger is almost agg! :)

Mismatched gear, camo, bandana... :)

Cryer
05-06-2004, 11:36 AM

Thats ok... When the market makes its full circle (like everything in the world ends up doing...) Everyone will be back in the woods with camo, ears, tail, and 10-rnd clips... ;)

So he is AGG... In a preemptive sense...

(OMG... I just used the term "AGG" http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=70098 )

Tyger
05-06-2004, 02:23 PM

Hey now! TK once told me I was the best dressed paintball player he'd ever met. I go out of my way to make sure I didn't look like I lost a bet. It's the ears and tail, isn't it? :D :rolleyes:

And Cryer, I feel your pain. Here, read a bunch of these strips (http://www.the-whiteboard.com) until the feeling of being "Dirty" goes away. Just don't go through that whole "crying Game" shower.

I'm still trying to figure out why "agg" was even picked up? Is it supposed to be sarcastic or what? Looking like a big bad tourney baller but looking like a goob (Which a lot of these tournamnt guys end up looking like anyway... You spent +$150 to look like that intentionally?) We used to call these guys "Twibs", ya know....

-Tyger

coolcatpete
05-06-2004, 03:14 PM
If so many people are doing this there must be an advantage in it somewhere so tell me what is the purpose of the bandana/tail.
Pete

Cryer
05-06-2004, 03:16 PM
it helps you change direction faster while maintaining balance

coolcatpete
05-06-2004, 03:23 PM
it helps you change direction faster while maintaining balance
IS that so maybe I will have to go and buy my self one. Soon all the gymnastic people will figure it out and it will be the cool thing to do. Way to go Tyger you have revelutionized the world of sports.
Pete

Tyger
05-06-2004, 04:29 PM
Actually, the tail is a good rudder at speed. I can slide better with the tail on. Really. :eek:

Seriously, the bandanas on the SIDES, that's a cheatermod. In paintball terms, it's something that drapes from the hip to the knee, and paint bounces off of it. If you use a LONG bandana or lighter material, it won't break a ball. A towel probably will break a ball, because of the material and weight.

It's likewearing a baggy jersey, except this goes over the legs. In the standing pics you can't see the drape, but if they kneel, you'd see the bandana drape to the side over the hips down to the knees. PLUS, it's a drape layer OVER your pants, so a ball that hits your pants MIGHT bounce due to hitting the bandana and the energy of the ball deflects and moves the loose material rather than breaking on stuff that won't move. Think of the physics trick of yanking a tablecloth out from a set table, similar principle.

Now I know that the Super 7 rules (12.05) allow for a hand towel or wash cloth to be carried. Why you'd need one, I can't fathom.

As for my tail? Unless you're behind me, it's not an issue. Plus due to "manufacturers construction" it's not designed to deflect balls. In fact, only ONE person has gotten a ball to break on the tail, and he's still not letting me live it down 10 years after the fact...

-Tyger

robdamanii
05-06-2004, 08:55 PM

Now I know that the Super 7 rules (12.05) allow for a hand towel or wash cloth to be carried. Why you'd need one, I can't fathom.

Nutrag? Drape it in front of your junk like a loincloth and protect the jewels?

-=Squid=-
05-06-2004, 09:27 PM
Tyger, whats your first name?

graysonp
05-06-2004, 10:26 PM
You don't happen to have a link to that, do you?

I can't find the link. It wasn't the rule you just posted. It's recently been added to specifically ban rags or bandanas hanging from guns, packs, belts, etc. They can only be used for protection/headwear from now on. I can't remember where I saw it, but it was a press release from one of the major tourney series.

Tyger
05-07-2004, 02:35 AM
Tyger, whats your first name?

Rob. Why?

tribalman
05-07-2004, 02:17 PM
-Tyger

the only reason i can see is incase you get mud/dirt on the marker during a slide. that and to help cheat. if i ever get dirt on the marker, i clean it off with my glove or sleeve.