PDA

View Full Version : Good Paintball Fields in New Jersey

udtseal
10-06-2001, 05:37 AM
I was wondering if anyone here is from the New Jersey Area and knew of some really good fields in the area? Im going to Pinelands Paintball this Sunday. If anyone here is either going there or to Top Gun (never been there but heard about it) then let me know and we can meet up! Thanks and happy ballin!

govnamac
10-07-2001, 07:02 PM
I usually go to Fireball Mountain. On Sundays you can bring your own paint, which is a plus, or they sell Team Colors for 55, and Proball for 60, plus some other brands. Plus, its 25 to get in, including airpass. The problem is it gets really crowded on most sundays, and the fields are small.

udtseal
10-07-2001, 07:47 PM
where is fireball?? Any internet address or directions or a phone number would help. I want to check it out. thanks! :)

PCI2000
10-08-2001, 11:01 AM
I personally like Paintball Depot myself. Their store is in Ledgewood and the field is in West Milford.
http://www.paintballdepot.com
Fields are hilly but challenging.

I have played at Top Gun several times also.
I like playing there as part of a private group.
Fields are flat and very easy to get to from one field to the other.
If you play on Sundays there watch for all the wackos doing team practice. And I mean wackos because they take the game WAY too seriously when they play. I saw 6 guys bunker one player during a woods ball rec game when the surrender rule was in effect.
If you do walk-on there, they also separate you by "your own guns" vs. rentals, which PO'ed us because there were 4 of us and only 2 of us owned our own equipment.
I had to practically beg and plead the ref for us to play together. Then the ref threatened me to throw me out if I lit up any newbies!
Mind you, I never lit up a newbie.
Makes me not want to go there again.
OK, I'm all worked up now...
Dunno, maybe it was the psycho stormtrooper-type hood and outfit I was wearing that intimidated the ref...

blee70
10-08-2001, 12:18 PM
There are a couple of fields...

Top Gun
Top Gun has the better organize and run fields out there, they fill your tank up to 4000+ if you have a 4500psi bottle. They also have a speedball park, that's why they attract teams to go out there on Sun. for practice and what not. They are field paint only but their prices are ok.
www.topgunpaintball.com

Fireball Mountain
They actually have two fields one in south jersey off of Exit 7 on the Turnpike and one in Old Bridge. Both of their fields allow you to bring your own paint on Sun. but the fields are kinda small. Most of the time they fill your tank up to 3000+ if their compressor is running ok. If I had a choice I would go to the South Jersey field vs the one in Old Bridge, just a better run field overall comparing the two and more fields (7-9 vs 2-3 in Old Bridge...I know they have more than that in Old Bridge, but have you ever tried to play them....hope you have medical insurance...some of them have craters in the middle of the field...). The Old Bridge field is opened every other weekend so call to check before you head out there. However, they do have a Sup'Air field in Old Bridge (kinda small) but it's fun.
www.fireballmountainpaintball.com

OnTarget Paintball
Also off of Exit 7 on the Turnpike. You can bring your paint on Sun. They have a new Sup'Air field, one woods, HyperBall, SpeedBall, and a couple of others.... Nicely run...the owner - John - is a nice guy and does not toloerate cursing on the field. So be nice.
www.ontargetpaintball.com

Pinelands Paintball
FPO. $100 for a 2000rds case of whatever they have...Diablo Blaze most of the time. Nice service from the refs but not worth the trip, in my opinion. You can buy an annual play pass...gimmicks....to get you to go back there...1 SpeedBall and 4-5 woods fields.
www.playpaintball.com

Not in Jersey...
Staten Island Paintball
Right off of Rt 440 (Arthur Kill Road), nice to a golf range. OK fields, but close - depending on where you are coming from. Sometimes they are a little over zealous in filling your tank quick and blow out your reg...you have to tell them to fill it slow! Happened to me three times already...all different tanks! Refs are good, but paint prices are not. I think it's $100 for 2000rds of TEam Colors and $110 for ProBall...
www.sipaintball.com

Hope this helps.

You can also find some fields from http://www.warpig.com/forums/fields/index/pg_New_Jersey.shtml, just be careful...some (most) of the fields are no longer there...ie...Whack'Em Paintball is now Fireball Mountain 2 or 3 (in Old Bridge). So make sure you can the field first.

udtseal
10-08-2001, 04:21 PM
WOW!! Thank you so much for the info blee! I wish there were more top notch fields here in Jersey. I wonder how the fields in Pennsylvania are...

blee70
10-08-2001, 09:25 PM
Well, depends on where you are coming from....

In PA, there are 2 fields that I've been to...Skirmish (just like everyone else) and EMR.

Skirmish - Jim Thorpe, PA
www.skirmish.com
The nice thing about this field is...well a lot of land. They have like 40+ fields. The thing I don't like about the field is their logistics. First you have to have everyone in your group accounted for, paid, etc... then they shuttle you on a bus to their fields (approx 15-20 min ride) Translation: You need to take EVERYTHING with you. The paint is ok...some no name brand to last time I was there. Some of the fields are FAR away from the staging area, so by the end of the day you feel like you've hiked 10 miles already getting from field to field, not to mention air fills. They do provide a food concession by the staging area though...just dogs and burgers, nothing fancy. Some times they have have price specials...$40-$50/case of 1800 rds again no name brand...if you want a private field on one of those days, you need a min of 30 people. But on regular days...$100/case/2000rds or $85/case if you purchase 5 or more...

EMR - New Milford, PA (bet. Scranton, PA and Binghamton, NY)
I know this is far, very far. It's almost 3 hours away for me (and I drive like a demon..) The fields are cool, especially if you like structure-type fields...castles, urban towns, etc... Paint price is $80/case/2000rds for Diablo. The fields are nice, some are small while some are huge. I'm not sure what their usual turnout is so unless you have a private group (10+) going....(maybe some one can tell us, if they are regulars there at EMR) Just be careful, the last time I went there, it just rained and the parking lot was a giant mud puddle! All in all, I like this field a lot - not pricey $25 field fee & $80/case. If you go, you'll love their castle field, it's awesome!

Hope this helps.:)

blee70
10-08-2001, 09:26 PM
btw...

EMR

www.emrpaintball.com

udtseal
10-09-2001, 10:04 AM
Once again thank you for the fantastic info! You should make a webpage of all the local fields and your reviews!! haha Seems like you've been to them all! Im just gonna plan every sunday as another road trip day to check out a field. Dosent matter how far I have to drive (as long as I can get thier and back in a day). Thanks again!