PDA

View Full Version : Got the new ULE Custom :)

EigerZ
05-06-2004, 02:09 AM
So all the waiting is finally over:

ULE Custom -
Intelli Blade
ULT
Evil Pipe Kit
Smoke Eggy II
88ci 3000psi PE
CP Lightening Drop on/off

I played with it this past weekend...shot about 1500 rounds and had a little bolt stick and to much trigger play from the factory. I have never owned a mag so it took me about 5 hours of tweaking and 3 tank fills to finally tweak the level X and ULT to where I like it...ULT took 4 shims, Level X has 2 shims, 2.5 carrier and medium spring...fires like a champ. Trigger is way more sensitive than I thought I could get it...I would try to walk it but it is about midnight and the neighbors and kids probably wouldn't like it:)

EigerZ
05-06-2004, 02:11 AM
oh yeah...here are the pics////

SpecialBlend2786
05-06-2004, 02:23 AM
awesome marker dude, glad you like it!

And if anyone starts the drop argument, dont listen to 'em :)

Joni
05-06-2004, 04:34 AM
Nice looking! And about the drop argument, I'm a no drop man myself, but if you run around with a 88, you are almost forced to have one, so that's ok =).

BTW, about the bolt stick, do you use the same amount of torque with a hex on the trigger frame screw and the field strip screw? That made my bolt stick problems go away. I got that tip from the Cali link in my sig, some other nice tips there as well.

Also, have you considered loosing the front grip rail and attach the front grip directly to the body rail? I think it looks and feels much better that way.

Paintball_4_Fun
05-06-2004, 08:33 AM
what color is the body? Is that blue?
I ordered blue Ule and black X valve.
It would be great if they were in.
its been almost a month on back order.

EigerZ
05-06-2004, 10:00 AM
With the 88ci it felt really awkward just plugging it in with out a drop. Once I bought the drop...the biggest one I could find...the gun felt so much lighter and was much easier to manuever....and the "lightening" style is growing on me...still not sure if I really love it though....

Couple questions for you JONI...................
* I was trying to figure out how to mount the grip right to the rail but wasn't quite sure how to do it? There is what looks like an aluminum hollowed out plug where I would mount it to and it is ano'd over on the bottom side...I would like to mount it to the rail if you could give me a few pointers.
* I will try to equalize the torque - I think the front is tighter because I have just been hand tightening the back. Thanks for the tip...your ULE tips are great:)

Paint_Ball_4fun...........The main body is pewter. Depending on what light is on it it is sometimes blueish looking...in the sun it looks more silver. I did see that the black X-valves are back ordered until the end of the month and the blue mainbodies are in. maybe you should go with a blue ano'd x-valve? Get it home quicker? That is why I finally gave up on a black main-body and went with pewter...

Question for all??? Does the feedneck unscrew from the mainbody? Just curious...Thanks -

Joni
05-06-2004, 11:20 AM
You have to punch out the predrilled hole (pretty sure it's the one your talking about). Just take something hard and punch through it, and have something to sand the hole with. Then you just attach the vert asa to the rail. Unfortunately you can only attach it with one screw, but I haven't had any problem with the front grip coming loose, just as long as you put some force into that screw.

About the torque, that was what I did before, just handtightened the thumb screw. It would give me some problems, but now it's ok when I use a hex.

Don't thank me for the tips, thank CaliMagFan, he was the one who wrote them. I'm just passing the word along ;)

edit: saw your question about the feedneck. Yes it comes loose, but its a pain in the --- to do it. It's loctited in real good, so you will probably have to heat it up and use a strap wrench if you dont want to damage it.

mobius
05-06-2004, 11:32 AM
awesome marker dude, glad you like it!

And if anyone starts the drop argument, dont listen to 'em :)

I agree. I actually have the same drop, and I love it. Almost necessary with an 88ci stubby.

EigerZ
05-06-2004, 01:48 PM
Does your CP on/off vent the remaining air in the system or does it just turn the bottle off? - When I turn the bottle off, there is still air in the system until I completely remove the bottle...is that normal? With my first "deadondrop", after turning the on/off to off - the air would vent from until dry?

Any input would be nice...thanks

Joni
05-06-2004, 04:12 PM
Some on/offs dumps the excess pressure when they are turned off, some don't. I don't think the CP dumps the pressure.