PDA

View Full Version : Lens Color compared to Light?

rkjunior303
05-06-2004, 07:21 AM
Everyone,

I'm going to be picking up a new lens for my Flex-7 soon and I just had a quick question -- What lens works best for what type of light? Bright sunshine? Overcast? Overall? I seem to be partial to the yellow/amber/smoke but that's just me.. the smoke is kinda rough during the overcast days :)

GA Devil
05-06-2004, 07:22 AM
IMO yellow/amber are great for all light conditions and backgrounds.

jayloo
05-06-2004, 07:43 AM
IMO yellow/amber are great for all light conditions and backgrounds.

I second that. I go between outdoor and indoor play and the yellow is the best.

soccer4minimags
05-06-2004, 08:11 AM
If you only buy one lense go for one of JT gradient lens. I have a yellow one and would recomend it. Its dark yellow at the top and fades to clear at the bottom, sort of like bi-focals. So you can look through the clear or the yellow. They make it in smoke and I think blue as well.

I'd recommend you get 2 if you have the cash. One of these, and then a dark one. Here there is just too much sun to get by with the light ones only.

chairman_mao
05-06-2004, 08:33 AM
I am also a big fan of the yellow lenses. The amber are ok but I think that they are less contrasting on overcast days. Not as bad as the smoke but not as good as the yellow. So yeah my vote is yellow

rkjunior303
05-06-2004, 09:05 AM
nice thanks guys .. I will probably pick up a yellow and a smoke -- since i have a spare flex7 kicking here.

cphilip
05-06-2004, 09:08 AM
Believe it or not one of the best ones is Rose. The reddish purplish ones. I didn't believe it myself but one day I was talking to Greg at National and he kept telling me this and finaly he went and got his mask out and made me put it on. It was wonderfull. Very good no shaddows no glare. I think I am going to go with that when I replace next time. Try one. You will be suprised.

GA Devil
05-06-2004, 09:29 AM
yes rose are nice.....but vforce dont have that color :( so I have to go with yellow for the effect.

rkjunior303
05-06-2004, 09:35 AM
Believe it or not one of the best ones is Rose. The reddish purplish ones. I didn't believe it myself but one day I was talking to Greg at National and he kept telling me this and finaly he went and got his mask out and made me put it on. It was wonderfull. Very good no shaddows no glare. I think I am going to go with that when I replace next time. Try one. You will be suprised.

I didn't even think of that -- The rose instead of smoke or yellow? Wouldn't the rose be a little too dark?

That'd look hot in my red/black Flex.

cphilip
05-06-2004, 09:53 AM
I didn't even think of that -- The rose instead of smoke or yellow? Wouldn't the rose be a little too dark?

That'd look hot in my red/black Flex.

Again... I thought so too before. Until Greg made me try it on. I was totaly suprised with the visibility and its charicteristics. Blew me away.

rkjunior303
05-06-2004, 10:13 AM
Again... I thought so too before. Until Greg made me try it on. I was totaly suprised with the visibility and its charicteristics. Blew me away.

I'll give it a shot!

rkjunior303
05-06-2004, 10:17 AM
phil, is this it?

http://images.auctionworks.com/hi/51/51224/purpleelitelens.jpg

cphilip
05-06-2004, 10:23 AM
Yeppers. dats it!

rkjunior303
05-06-2004, 11:19 AM
Yeppers. dats it!

word.. they're only $12 on Ebay.. I'll pick one up.. Thanks!

dansim
05-06-2004, 01:27 PM
i loved lightblue, but when it got dark, it got DARK, yellow worked very well for me but i never played in lowlight conditions with em

rikkter
05-06-2004, 02:18 PM
i loved lightblue, but when it got dark, it got DARK, yellow worked very well for me but i never played in lowlight conditions with em

i think im'a pick up some rose lens, thanks phillip!

but we're able to see better in dark conditions with yellow lens, i dont know how that compares to with the rose.

also, why isn't their a light green one? the human eye sees more shades of green then any other color.

Oh_Davey
05-06-2004, 03:06 PM
What difference does the color make? I never really understood that...

rikkter
05-06-2004, 04:08 PM
What difference does the color make? I never really understood that...

different lens work better under light conditions.
i believe yellow is good for clear and overcast conditions, while as smoke and reflected smoke is good for very bright/glare conditions

dcmander
05-06-2004, 04:59 PM
I could sell you a amber, yellow, tinted, or clear lens for for flex 7 or any spectra system.

LMK if interested
dcmander@hotmail.com

Loud Tim
05-06-2004, 05:11 PM
get the rose i have had a rose in mine since like august and it worked great during the summer and it was fine playing indoor all winter

coolcatpete
05-06-2004, 05:13 PM
I personally like a red to clear fade. But that is just me no one else seems to really like it.
Pete

68magOwner
05-06-2004, 05:21 PM
i wear yellow lenses, it good in almos all light conditions (all ive been in atleast) during sunshine (what i wear it in most) it seems to brighent things up, adn make thing (other players) stand out more, but sort of neutralizes the sun at the same time making it not so bright in your eyes, hard to explain, but i like it alot more than my clear lenses

Carnage
05-06-2004, 05:57 PM
I was gonna say, Rose is a good color, I use it. But I get teased about the color haha, It doesnt matter when you can see them :) and blast them away before they can see you.

Pacifist_Farmer
05-06-2004, 06:36 PM
I'm not a optrician but...

Whenever I wear my yellow shooting glasses (real guns) my eyes end up all funky afterwards...i think the cones and rods on the back of my eyeball get tired. Any who, I end up seeing a lot of Blues and Greens

If I were to wear the rose lens for a long time then take it off what color(s) would I get?

Bulldog
05-06-2004, 06:49 PM
If I were to wear the rose lens for a long time then take it off what color(s) would I get?

I'm guessing blue? :confused:

But if you got red lenses, you'd be looking at the fields with rose colored glasses....ahh that's not even funny. I shutup now.