PDA

View Full Version : Adobe Photoshop

FeelTheRT
10-06-2001, 07:23 AM
man, i dun get how people make awsome picutres with this...
am i not getting how to use this. Is there some kind of totorial thing i can get?

someone help sqweek sqweek.

Miscue
10-06-2001, 12:42 PM
You can find step-by-step stuff on the internet... see how people did stuff, and then you'll figure out how to do it yourself.

Webmaster
10-08-2001, 09:29 AM
I havent used it for photoshop - but they are great for other programs - the Quick Start series by Peach Pit Press are a great, visual teaching series that is a great way to get started. Another one to look for, I forget its title, but its by Lynda Wydman (sp).

Goto amazon.com -there are a ton of good books for around 30 bucks. If you acutually bought the program the books that came with it are helpful.

Try to avoid the huge "bible" books - they are generally overwelming to new users and hard to use.

FeelTheRT
10-08-2001, 11:43 AM
ok, thanx

Ityl
10-12-2001, 05:46 PM
I don't like photoshop as much as Fireworks by Macromedia. But I don't go into super intense graphics cause they are for the web :)

FeelTheRT
10-12-2001, 07:33 PM
i used to use Fireworks. Oh man! Photoshop is like 10x better! You can do a bunch of stuff on it.

shartley
10-13-2001, 05:07 AM
Oh man! Photoshop is like 10x better! You can do a bunch of stuff on it.

Now THAT is an understatement. ;)

Webmaster
10-13-2001, 04:35 PM
Fireworks is excellent in its simplicty and its focus on creating graphics for the web. It's easy to use and makes wonderful vector based graphics in conjucntion with bitmapped.

Photoshop kicks the living crap out of it when it comes to actually photomanipulation and effects and filters. But I still use Fireworks for a majority of webwork. Its just very well suited for that task. I use photoshop for printwork and any extensive altering that I may later port to fireworks.

I know PS6 has bette vector image support, but I am still stuck on 5.5

If you are interesed in illustrative work - Adobe Illustrator is a great program too - but because its a vector base, point and curve program, alot of people have trouble getting used to it.

shartley
10-13-2001, 05:21 PM
Good points on all programs. Thanks Webby. :)